Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you think this works?

Go down 
+9
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
Thrasher73
James B.
Wurthless
glassprison
brokentulsa
Dark Horseman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Do you think this works? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 6:53 pm

Yeah..I like it. I think they did a great job..
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 7:14 pm

I think it works. However, I don't think it works as an OPENING song, like Bach was doing for some of his shows last year. Talk about a major buzzkill when you are expecting something like "Slave to the Grind" as the opening song.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 8:08 pm

I've been listening to his covers, he really was versatile back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 8:10 pm

I'd never heard this before for some reason. It's a really solid cover though, yeah.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 pm

Sebastian could sing the phone book and I'd love it. Just please don't let him talk, thank you.

Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 2:25 am

My favorite part of Skid Row has always been Bach's vocals. Love his voice.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 2:32 am

Works for me! I've always loved his vocals. Seems like he does too much screaming nowadays though and not enough singing.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 6:11 am

Sure does. I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 8:13 am

His singing was good back in the day, but I'm not sure his vocals work on a bluesy song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 9:44 am

Was this a live in-studio version? It's slightly different from the one that appears on the B-Sides Ourselves ep. Still good though.

And Sebastian was one of the best live singers I've ever seen. Twice with Skid Row and once solo, he sounded just as good on stage as he did in the studio.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Not sure but it looks like a in studio live cut.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 07, 2017 3:11 pm

He had an awesome voice. What a singer.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 2:08 am

I don't care for vocals starting around the 1:10 mark. This is a bluesy song, I think Bach's vocals miss the mark on this.

The music sounds good alll the way through.

Just my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 2:11 am

I think Bach sounds great on this cover...

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 11:35 am

Yeah, that's great one but not really a stretch style wise.
Back to top Go down
Mac & Cheese
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mac & Cheese

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Oh yeah Skid Row Baby! Yeah they definitely do the song justice
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 5:28 pm

assault_attack wrote:

headbanger

Well done!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 pm

assault_attack wrote:

For the record, I'm not sure that this is a Skid Row cover. While I'm not 100% certain, I think it's just Bas supplying the vocals with other musicians from a Randy Rhoads tribute album from a couple of years ago. It's labeled wrong on YouTube.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 10:05 pm

I am huge huge Jimi Hendrix, but I think this works and the band sounds great on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think this works?   Do you think this works? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think this works?
Page 1 of 1