Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
MoonChild
candlemass
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
scottmitchell74
James B.
TheGooch
ghost
mr.electric39
Smindas
MetalRob331
EvyMetal
UltraMagnus007
Thrasher73
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:35 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
But if you're gonna die, die with your boots on, I always say.

Hey, thats part of a Maiden song isn't it?!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:16 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Short story:

I was watching my mom's garage sale one summer day. As soon as I got enough sales, I bolted and RAN downtown (I only lived about 3/4 of a mile from DT MPLS) to Northern Lights. I purchased Piece of Mind and sm*rf of the Switch and RAN back home. When I got there, my mom had beaten me home. Needless to say, she was slightly upset. She saw a bulge in my back pocket and confiscated the AC/DC. She did not know that I had crotched the Maiden, so I went to my bedroom and cranked it! Man, I was a crappy kid. But if you're gonna die, die with your boots on, I always say.

At least you got the keep the better of the two albums!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:27 pm

I've never really liked the second half of this album. The first few songs are classics, but stuff like Still Life and To Tame A Land doesn't interest me as much. Powerslave's a lot better, IMO.

and Quest For Fire... sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:53 am

I've always liked the album through. It's a great. Powerlsvae is great too, but I always have loved this album more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 8:53 am

DallasBlack wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

I was thanking the same thing.... lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:21 am

I got this album a while ago so I'm very familiar with it. But recently I whipped it out to give it a good listen again and it's actually better than I ever thought it was. Only complaint would be (like others have said) the song Quest For Fire. Yes it is very cheesy and the most filler of all the filler tracks. Revelations though is outstanding and I also love Were Eagles Dare. The Trooper and Flight of Icarus are classics and Sun and Steel along with Die with your boots on are great as well. To Tame A Land is ok but not a highlight of this album and Still Life is decent as well. All together Piece of Mind is one of the best Maiden Albums of all time not to mention one of the best album art wise. Horns Up! UP THE IRONS! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:23 am

DallasBlack wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

Yes, yes it is. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:25 am

thewalkofman wrote:
Piece of mind was the first album I bought by Iron Maiden, so it is a big thing for me. It started my journey to become a ed-head. NOTB wishes it could be as great as POM. I mean, to me it is one of greatest, because it was the beggining of them exploring new levels

My first Maiden LP as well, love it, Bruce has said it was their best LP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 10:55 am

We are now talking about the greatest album of all time, with the greatest band of all time.
There arent words enough to explain Maidens greatness.
Piece of mind: 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 2:40 pm

Piece of Mind - the best album by any band any era! (my opinion)
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 3:03 pm

MoonChild wrote:

and what a damn fine opinion
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 5:37 pm

UltraMagnus007 wrote:
MoonChild wrote:

and what a damn fine opinion

Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 15
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 9:55 pm

My first and favorite Maiden by far!!! 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: RE: Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:36 pm

My 3rd favorite Maiden album (after NOTB and Powerslave). Trooper, Where Eagles Dare, and Flight of Icarus are all great.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:58 pm

Great record and debut from Nicko.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:20 pm

Listening to this the other day. It's a masterpiece!! Iron Maiden completely owned the first half of the 80's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:42 pm

easily one of maiden's better albums
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:53 pm

[quote="get_the_firehouse"]Piece of Mind is beyond amazing. I think it's the album where they finally found their sound. I mean, NOTB is an incredible album, but POM is where they developed that epic, technical, artistic, fantasy sound.

agreed.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 6:19 pm

i prefer the album before and after NOTB and POM but there are many awesome songs on those albums which is a testament to the quality of them all
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:58 am

Just gave this album another listen recently. Man that album rocks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind   Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden-Piece of Mind
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2