Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden

Go down 
+24
nevermore
brokentulsa
journeyman
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
glassprison
the sentinel
Required Fields
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Lari
MetalGuy71
DakotaRogers
candlemass
80s Metal Lady
James B.
BearOnUnicycle
MoonChild
Wurthless
Boris2008
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
corplhicks
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Where Eagles Dare
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap13%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 13% [ 5 ]
Revelations
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap26%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 26% [ 10 ]
Flight of Icarus
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap24%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 24% [ 9 ]
Die With Your Boots On
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
The Trooper
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap18%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 18% [ 7 ]
Still Life
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap3%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Quest for Fire
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap0%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sun and Steel
Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_lcap5%Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
To Tame A Land
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Empty
PostSubject: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:38 pm

Piece of Mind

Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden MI0002336891.jpg?partner=allrovi

Recorded at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas, Jan-Mar 1983
Released 16 May 1983
Produced by Martin Birch

Tunes

Where Eagles Dare
Revelations
Flight of Icarus
Die With Your Boots On
The Trooper
Still Life
Quest for Fire
Sun and Steel
To Tame A Land

Another quality release, and a staple of my childhood. I'm curious to see if Trooper makes the cut here, but who can't forget that creepy video of Icarus (THOSE EYES)? Nevertheless, I'm going with To Tame A Land. Yeah, part of me is a Dune fanboy so that's part of it, but I've always found it to be a magnificent song that shifts through its various movements just as well as Hallowed did.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:40 pm

"Flight Of Icarus" for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Going with Revelations just over Flight of Icarus. Die with Your Boots on and Sun and Steel are underrated cuts.

I tend to listen to the other 80s Dickinson albums more than this one but this was the first Maiden I ever bought.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

My favorite Bruce album by some distance. Went with Flight of Icarus, but the whole thing smokes.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:00 pm

Revelations for me, though I really could've went with pretty much any song. I even dig Quest for Fire. My back up pick probably would've been Where Eagles Dare or To Tame a Land.

Piece of Mind is a masterpiece (of mind).
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Now this is a hard one. The only song I just never could get into was To Tame A Land. No idea why, it just never clicked with me. I'm going with Flight Of Icarus ,followed closely by the Trooper And Die With Your Boots On.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:17 pm

My all time favourite album, by any band any era.

REVELATIONS for me.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:37 pm

Revelations
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:43 pm

"Die With Your Boots On"

Have fond memories of this tour... Fastway, Saxon & Maiden. My friend Virgil's older brother Warren worked for Maiden and we got backstage. I got to play Nicko's drums for the sound check. I used to have a lot of cool Maiden stuff, it got stolen first.

Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:44 pm

The Trooper!!!!

When I was a kid, I recorded the intro to "Still Life" on cassette, cut the tape, turned it around and taped it back together so I could listen to it forward. Forgot what it was or if I could understand it, but I was disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

James B. wrote:
"Die With Your Boots On"

Have fond memories of this tour... Fastway, Saxon & Maiden.   My friend Virgil's older brother Warren worked for Maiden and we got backstage.   I got to play Nicko's drums for the sound check.  I used to have a lot of cool Maiden stuff, it got stolen first.  

My dad saw that tour and his stories of it have always made me jealous as hell, haha. I wish I could've been able to see Maiden live in their prime like that, especially with such awesome supporting acts.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Ha! Someone uploaded a video about it.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 2:21 pm

"Mmmph? Mmmph!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 3:27 pm

It's about time, geez.

Going with "Where Eagles Dare." Other favorites include "Die With Your Boots On" and "The Trooper."
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Iron+Maiden+Trooper+Beer

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 4:47 pm

Trooper or Sun and Steel.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 6:15 pm

My favorite Maiden album hands down. Still Life is my choice. Love that tune.The whole album is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:36 pm

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 7:52 pm

My favorite Maiden album, my first Maiden album. I love every song. I went with Where Eagles Dare, first Maiden song I mastered on guitar (album solo too.)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 8:35 pm

I voted for To Tame a Land, although Revelations is a very close second.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 8:42 pm

This is my all time fave Maiden of the four eras of the band. I chose "Revelations" because it's my fave IM song and one I would play if someone asked me the question "what is Heavy Metal?"
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 9:43 pm

I voted Revelations. What a great song
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 7:05 am

MoonChild wrote:
My all time favourite album, by any band any era.

REVELATIONS for me.

Me too, although just my favorite Maiden album not by any band. Revelations for me as well. Excellent album! Quest For Fire is one that I would skip if I had to pick a track to throw away.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 8:10 am

Great album! It's the completion of the greatest 3-Album stretch in metal history. I voted for "The Trooper" but the whole album is just wildly fantastic.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2016 9:35 am

Flight of Icarus, but I could of gone with The Trooper or Where Eagles Dare. The whole album is killer, so picking is a coin toss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden   Best Tune on "Piece of Mind" by Iron Maiden Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next