Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind

Go down 
+27
skullkrusher
stepcousin
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
MoonChild
Zdan
Thrasher73
Gilbert
INVADERS
mr.electric39
Leatherface
manny
adrian
bassman
nevermore
exact33
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
thejokeriv
DallasBlack
Mglaffas81
mc666
James B.
DeathCult
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Stained Class VS Piece Of Mind
Stained Class
Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Vote_lcap51%Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Vote_rcap
 51% [ 24 ]
Piece Of Mind
Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Vote_lcap49%Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Vote_rcap
 49% [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 47

AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Empty
PostSubject: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 am

Two great albums by two Legends at the apex of their writing powers, which do you think is the better record?

For me, it's STAINED CLASS. Flawless all the way through and took heavy to another level
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:34 am

The first five tune's on the Maiden lp headbanger Then you have 4 songs of sign (IMHO)

The Priest lp is killer all the way through and has a nice flow to it. My vote=Priest

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:44 am

the first 6 Priest albums are pure brilliance & miles ahead of anyone else imo. as much as i like Maiden, Stained Class is better than anything they ever released.

Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 am

mc666 wrote:
the first 6 Priest albums are pure brilliance & miles ahead of anyone else imo. as much as i like Maiden, Stained Class is better than anything they ever released.

I thought that was Sin after Sin?
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:25 am

Stained Class gets my vote as well - though I must say, that I am a little surprised - I thought Maiden would be slight favourites. Piece of Mind has never been one of my favourites by Maiden, though I like it a lot - My favourite Maiden discs are : Iron Maiden, Powerslave and the three "comeback" albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:32 am

Are you kidding, The Trooper is on POM therebye making it the better album though I love both. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Went with Stained Class. Maiden is my favorite band but PoM is only my 7th favorite Maiden album while Stained Class is one of my top 5 Priest albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:15 pm

PoM!!!! It;s my fav Maiden album of all time - every song is CLASSIC!!!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:42 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I thought that was Sin after Sin?
you misunderstood me. i said Stained Class is better than anything Maiden ever released. Sin After Sin is still my favorite Priest album.

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:45 pm

That was easy, two great albums but PoM is my favorite by far...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:59 pm

DeathCult, you evil bastard!! Making me choose between these two titanic classics!! (shakes fist)

After much sweating, swearing and gnashing of teeth, I finally had to flip a coin to decide this one. And the magic coin sez... STAINED CLASS. But it could've gone either way.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Piece Of Mind

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Piece of Mind but it was a tough tough choice. Its like choosing between creamy or crunchy peanut butter!

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:59 pm

Both records are great but voted for Piece Of Mind.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Piece of Mind for me, Steve Harris is a musical genius for the basslines on this release.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Definitely Stained Class, one of the best albums released ever.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Damn you DC!!!!!!!!!!! Why not ask me which of my children is my favorite!!!!!!

But since asked I can only choose one, my vote went to the Priest
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:03 pm

Piece of Mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Piece of Mind

Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:05 pm

James B. wrote:
The first five tune's on the Maiden lp headbanger Then you have 4 songs of sign (IMHO)

The Priest lp is killer all the way through and has a nice flow to it. My vote=Priest

That's about the same way I feel. Although I do like POM, STAINED CLASS is just titanic in comparison.

Interesting, the poll's 50/50 right now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:30 am

Stained Class although Piece Of Mind ain't that far behind it like Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 am

Really tough pole. I'll stick with piece of mind
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:01 am

thejokeriv wrote:
PoM!!!! It;s my fav Maiden album of all time - every song is CLASSIC!!!!

This is me as well
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:38 am

Stained Class - if only for 'Exciter" and "Saints In Hell".
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:23 am

Piece of Mind is the best album by any band any era. Stained Class is a classic too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind   Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stained Class VS. Piece Of Mind
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next