Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paypal Warning!!

Go down 
+2
SAHB Healer
mc666
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Withdrawals made to your bank through Paypal are now clearing your bank in less than 24 hours! I learned the hard way:

3/6/2008 PD ITEM - OVERDRAFT CHARGE $90.00 ($131.49)
3/6/2008 PAYPAL/INST XFER $5.99 ($41.49)
3/6/2008 PAYPAL/INST XFER $13.99 ($35.50)
3/6/2008 PAYPAL/INST XFER $23.27 ($21.51)

lol!

I have Paypal connected to just one account, which I generally keep no money in. It's at a different bank than my main one. I submitted those payments on the 5th, around 11:30pm, and by the time I stopped by to deposit the cash the next, they'd already gone through. Pissed me the hell off! About 13 hours later, three overdraft fees of $30, and $41.99 turns in $131.99. Last night two transaction cleared my bank in about 5 hours (had money in there this time, though).

I wish Paypal warned me about this crap. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:36 am

every bank account i have has money in it.

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:54 am

mc666 wrote:
Not me. I keep Paypal connected to an account that is generally empty. And it's across town from my other bank. This helps me with not spending too much on music. While I surf around online at night I'm constantly coming across good deals for CDs and stuff. I don't want to get into the habit of impulse buying, so I do it this way.

It's worked great, until the other night. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:43 am

It is actually a good idea to have a seperate paypal account. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. But it looks like if I took that approach I'd have to keep at least a couple hundred in there. Thanks for the idea (and the warning).
Back to top Go down

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:31 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
It is actually a good idea to have a seperate paypal account. I hadn't thought of doing it that way. But it looks like if I took that approach I'd have to keep at least a couple hundred in there. Thanks for the idea (and the warning).
It all depends on your impulses. I can get a little irresponsible when buying music. The desire overrides sensible thinking. That's why when I go to a record store, I often walk around with a big stack of CDs. Even if I've gone through everything, I keep walking around, looking, thinking about what I've got in my hands. Eventually I kind of snap out of it and start putting some discs back and then end up spending a reasonable amount of money. It's all about knowing yourself.

If you're not prone to snap judgement purchases while surfing the net, you shouldn't need a separate account. But it doesn't hurt, either, because someone could phish your Paypal password from you someday, somehow, and it's not a bad thing to have the account connected to a bank account that doesn't hold the bulk of your savings or income. That's a bit of paranoia right there, but it isn't so irrational as it may seem.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:43 am

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Not me. I keep Paypal connected to an account that is generally empty. And it's across town from my other bank. This helps me with not spending too much on music. While I surf around online at night I'm constantly coming across good deals for CDs and stuff. I don't want to get into the habit of impulse buying, so I do it this way.

don't get me wrong.. i do not link Paypal or any other online service to a savings account.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:11 am

I always keep money in my Paypal account because I'm an impulse buyer and if I see something I like I get it.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 12:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Withdrawals made to your bank through Paypal are now clearing your bank in less than 24 hours! I learned the hard way:

lol!

I have Paypal connected to just one account, which I generally keep no money in. It's at a different bank than my main one. I submitted those payments on the 5th, around 11:30pm, and by the time I stopped by to deposit the cash the next, they'd already gone through. Pissed me the hell off! About 13 hours later, three overdraft fees of $30, and $41.99 turns in $131.99. Last night two transaction cleared my bank in about 5 hours (had money in there this time, though).

I don't understand this, this was something you did wrong? I'm asking, becasue my account is for whatever reason down almost 500 $ today!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Eyesore wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I do the same. I have an account that I don't put money in until I need it. This is the account I use for Paypal. However, I have always put the money in before I sent the money, just in case.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

lol!

I don't understand this, this was something you did wrong? I'm asking, becasue my account is for whatever reason down almost 500 $ today!

Kmorg,
He overdrew his bank account because he didn't have enough money in the account to cover what he spent on Paypal. It use to be that Paypal would take a day or two before it cleared your account. Apparently now it is clearing your account on the same day.

ult

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Yup. And I paid for it, no pun intended. Haha. I will most definitely put money in first from now on. I've had a Paypal account since 1998, I think, so this is a very new change.
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:25 pm

I'll keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paypal Warning!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paypal Warning!!   Paypal Warning!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paypal Warning!!
Page 1 of 1