Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com

Go down 
+2
scottmitchell74
exact33
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Empty
PostSubject: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 pm

The site might have just dropped a shidoobee in our mouths...

Quote :
Promo CDs are now swappable A recent Federal District Court decision has determined that promotional CDs are covered by the first-sale doctrine. This basically means that once the record companies give promos away, the new owners have the right to transfer (i.e., swap, give or sell) them without permission from the record companies.

Rules for posting a promotional CD are exactly the same as for posting regular CDs. If the promo has an UPC code (it probably doesn\'t), list it by UPC. Otherwise, you may post them by locating the exact Title, Artist, and Track Listing in our database and posting from that page.

• If the track listing differs, even by one song, you cannot post the CD
  • Do not report promotional discs as wrong or damaged
  • Burned promos are NOT allowed, regardless of the source

Just like with regular CDs, it is still illegal to make or keep copies (on a blank CD, an iPodĀ®, your computer, etc.) if you will no longer have the original CD. SwapaCD strictly adheres to copyright laws and all members are bound to do so not only by the site\'s Terms of Use, but also by the law. We certainly don\'t want to take money out of the pockets of artists that bring us so much listening pleasure.

This is going to cause a lot of problems with people sending us promos in sleeves, slimline jewelcases (with 12 songs split into 99), cheap CDR promos with photoshopped artwork.

Right now I thought myself lucky to be getting Nova by Atargatis and Indigo Dying\'s self-titled. Now I\'m not so sure. The rule needs to be that promos are ONLY acceptable when they\'re identical to the retail version, only they have promo markings/stamps. Otherwise this company is sharting on their users.

Last edited by Eyesore on Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:52 pm

I think they should be marked as promos and you should have the option to accept promos or not like you do when choosing cd, cd w/inserts etc..

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:55 pm

exact33 wrote:
I think they should be marked as promos and you should have the option to accept promos or not like you do when choosing cd, cd w/inserts etc..

Alex
Well, those of us that are requesting CD, booklet and back insert shouldn't be receiving sleeves or slimline promos. They don't meet the requirment. But cheap CDRs and stuff? I got The Crusade by Trivium last week or so, it had a one-panel booklet, a cheap CDR with album artwork, and a back insert. It said ADVANCE CD on it. But this is not what I want from that site!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:03 pm

Well, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:07 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Alex
Well, those of us that are requesting CD, booklet and back insert shouldn't be receiving sleeves or slimline promos. They don't meet the requirment. But cheap CDRs and stuff? I got The Crusade by Trivium last week or so, it had a one-panel booklet, a cheap CDR with album artwork, and a back insert. It said ADVANCE CD on it. But this is not what I want from that site!

I would complain and get another credit. I hope this changes because i really like the site but if I get cdrs I might have to stop..

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:43 pm

Ah I refuse to join this site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:12 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Ah I refuse to join this site.
Why? Aside from this potential blunder, the site is nearly perfect.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 am

Cause I dont have anything else I want to get rid of out of my own collection. So that means I would have to go to the used store and pick up stuff I either already have or just some random things to just put up. Also all the problems with people having artwork not having artwork isnt worth the headaches. I rather just buy it new or used at the store or ebay or amazon.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:16 pm

I dont know PRD. For the most part Swap has been a very good deal. The 2 problems I had were fixed very quickly. I have gotten 15 cds or so now and have enjoyed them. But if you dont have stuff to trade that might be a little problem...

Alex

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:24 pm

Cause I dont have anything else I want to get rid of out of my own collection. So that means I would have to go to the used store and pick up stuff I either already have or just some random things to just put up. Also all the problems with people having artwork not having artwork isnt worth the headaches. I rather just buy it new or used at the store or ebay or amazon.
Well, you can shop used bins for trade fodder, but you can also buy credits to get CDs. With a credit and the processing fee, you're paying about $5 per CD.

Also, SwapaCD is not like lala. If your requirements are that every CD must come with full art, then that's what you should get. If you don't, you don't pay. Lala.com guarantees only the CD, regardless of what you want and get for artwork. SwapaCD guarantees you get what you want.

Of course, this promo thing is a problem. Those Atargatis and Indigo Dying CDs are promos. Locomotive Records promos, real CDs with cheap color-printer inserts where the ink rubs off onto your skin if you hold them too long. I'm not paying $5 for each of these. No frickin way! These are CDs I pass up in the $2 or less used bins all the time!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 10:46 am

Yea when I do go to used shops I try to find things that would be good for trades but I have no clue what to really get. I also dont want to waiste my money and end up being stuck with some crap I dont even like just for a trade or something. I saw the credit thing too but I dont know. I still like just going to the store unless im really looking for something and cant find it anywhere. We'll see maybe eventually i'll check it out again.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:56 pm

Well ive been using Swapacd for a month now? I forget but its been a little while. So far so good but I am still waiting for a cd that was supposedly mailed a little more than a week ago. I also just got a message today saying the person got the cd but he wrote me a message and told me 2 songs drop out in certain spots. I got the mp3s so I went back to check thinking maybe they did skip or something but I checked them and they dont do anything so who knows. Hes probably using some old cheap cd player or something.

This is the one thing I was affraid of too when doing things like this. Its just more stupid people I have to deal with.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:30 pm

I had joined it, but the majority of the smurf poo I want never shows up on there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I had joined it, but the majority of the smurf poo I want never shows up on there.
Man, I have a Nasty Savage double CD and a Sun Red Sun CD on their way to me now. Also a Black N Blue CD. And I just got albums by Virgin Steele, Spiral Architect, Pale Divine, Spock's Beard (x2), The Flower Kings, Indigo Dying, Atargatis, S.A.D.O., Angra, and so on...

What I've learned is that people don't have enough patience. They request the CD and they expect it to be shipped immediately. Doesn't work like that. Have a little--and sometimes a lot--of patience, and you'll receive some great discs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Well ive been using Swapacd for a month now? I forget but its been a little while. So far so good but I am still waiting for a cd that was supposedly mailed a little more than a week ago. I also just got a message today saying the person got the cd but he wrote me a message and told me 2 songs drop out in certain spots. I got the mp3s so I went back to check thinking maybe they did skip or something but I checked them and they dont do anything so who knows. Hes probably using some old cheap cd player or something.

This is the one thing I was affraid of too when doing things like this. Its just more stupid people I have to deal with.
It's at no cost to you. You still get a credit if they say it doesn't work. I personally think people are too dishonest in general, so I don't believe for a second when someone claims something I sent doesn't work. I don't send crap. Everything plays before I send it. But when someone sends me a CD that dry-humped a cheese grater, they get pissed! Like I'm the thief! Pffft.

Luckily, I haven't gotten too many promos. I've gotten two, and marked them as Wrong. I told SwapaCD each time I'm not paying for crap promos. I encourage them to change the wording on their policy. I will gladly pay for decent promos, but CDRs, cardboard sleeves, etc, are not worth my money.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 6:20 pm

S.A.D.O., now that's a band I havent listened to in ages. Their Debut album Shout! from 1984 was brilliant and I'd love to get this on CD (I have the vinyl only).

The follow up was very average and not worth in my opinion, although for $5 it would be a good trade item.

Why am I not on swapacd? I have so much smurf poo in quantities I will be glad to get rid of, maybe I can use it building my own collection. Although receiving CDs "dry-humped by cheese gratters" is precisely the thought that subcosciously alwaysmade me steer it clear I guess Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:08 pm

stormspell wrote:
S.A.D.O., now that's a band I havent listened to in ages. Their Debut album Shout! from 1984 was brilliant and I'd love to get this on CD (I have the vinyl only).

The follow up was very average and not worth in my opinion, although for $5 it would be a good trade item.
I think I have the follow-up. Standard 80s metal, but very good. I'd never heard of the band. I saw that someone had posted it, looked at the cover and the tracklisting and just took a chance. I figured it was 80s metal, so I wasn't disappointed. I'm on the lookout for their other album now.

Quote :
Why am I not on swapacd? I have so much smurf poo in quantities I will be glad to get rid of, maybe I can use it building my own collection. Although receiving CDs "dry-humped by cheese gratters" is precisely the thought that subcosciously alwaysmade me steer it clear I guess Smile
The good thing about SwapaCD is that you can buy 30 CDs a month (yeah, I found out one month when I tried to buy my 31st CD, haha). You don't have to trade one to receive on like the other sites. On lala, you could send out 15 albums and wait months before you got one in return. Then you were still owed 14! At SwapaCD you can buy SwapaCD money (there's a $0.49 processing fee per trade) and SwapaCD credits. The cost of a credit and the processing fee brings the total to under $5 ($4.85 or $4.35 to be exact, I think). Either way, under $5. Not bad at all.

So by doing that, you're not feeling like you're somehow being ripped off. Though some people still don't have the patience for this. I usually buy the CDs I receive, but I do generally have one or two in transit to someone every week or so.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Thanks forthe info man! I'll check this swapa asap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:30 am

Some great CDs recently posted. Someone really needs to snag that Stride album. It's awesome.

http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/807100-imagine
http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/7160-parallels
http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/228046-chasing+time
http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/203136-pride+and+glory (2CD)
http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/547733-ignite
http://www.swapacd.com/cd/album/169569-arcade
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:34 am

I can't find any links or myspace to Arcade....can you describe them in your words?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:36 am

Dont listen to most of those bands got the fates warning already. I got a decent sized wish list but its mostly the first 3 Journey albums, Sodom, Riot, and Coroner damn I forgot to put Venom up there too. I'll probably never see any of these haha. Im being patient though. Im in no big rush. ah Rush i'll look up some of their live cds Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:38 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I can't find any links or myspace to Arcade....can you describe them in your words?

Typical early 90's pop metal with Stephen Pearcy (from Ratt) on vocals. It's worth it if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvOaH2Ld0u8
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 7:54 am

Would you say he had....Nothing To Lose? Very Happy

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:04 am

Dont listen to most of those bands got the fates warning already. I got a decent sized wish list but its mostly the first 3 Journey albums, Sodom, Riot, and Coroner damn I forgot to put Venom up there too. I'll probably never see any of these haha. Im being patient though. Im in no big rush. ah Rush i'll look up some of their live cds Very Happy

If I can get the 1st Press of R.I.P., Ill send you the reissue I have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 11:59 am

They have alot of good stuff in their database.I just got Angra-Temple of Shadows even though it was a promo it was a jewel case version.I've got The Showdown-Temptation come my Way coming to me.Anyone of you guys that doesnt have Shadows Fall-The War Within need to pick that up.Its a great little disc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com   Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warning For Those Using SwapaCD.com
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next