Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
UltraMagnus007
Lurideath
the sentinel
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
mc666
Wargod
ghost
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
krokus
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 7:15 am

spectrefate wrote:
Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich are 2 of my favorite guitarists. What a freakin awesome combo. Coverdale sounds great, my only complaint, no Tommy Aldridge, but I can't have everything.

I agree with that comment about no Tommy Aldridge, but I am on my third listen of the cd (I bought it last night) and it's really awesome!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:13 pm

This new WS is fantastic!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:44 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You are correct, grasshopper.

If this was released in 89 instead of Slip of the Tounge, who knows what would have happened.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:50 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

You are correct, grasshopper.

If this was released in 89 instead of Slip of the Tounge, who knows what would have happened.

SOTT went 4x Platinum in the US...not too shabby, actually...

This new WS is an example, IMO, of timeless Hard Rock....in that 'Snake like swagger...there is no time-stamp on this record...simply classic Hard Rock music!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 12:54 pm

I know it wasn't your point but, It's not how many units you sold, its the quality of music. I think SOTT didn't have the same timeless quality that the new one has.

Now that this is finally out, I can start the countdown of the new Line of Fire album. You may be familiar with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:00 pm

Yeah, SOTT was pretty slick...Vai, while a great player, sort of sterilized the sound a little...too technical...I did like the chorus hooks, though...

LINE OF FIRE is coming...we're about 90% done...hopefully we can get it out in September...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:04 pm

This is an excellent album! Sounds like Whitesnake which is awesome. Most bands now days don't even sound like themselves anymore. I am glad they never changed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 1:51 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
LINE OF FIRE is coming...we're about 90% done...hopefully we can get it out in September...
Do you have any copies of the album for sale? I'd really like to not pay $30 for it. Haha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:01 pm

My WHITESNAKE review...

http://teethofthedivine.com/site/reviews/whitesnake-good-to-be-bad/
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:28 pm

I really like this new Whiesnake album. Very good indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:03 am

It's classic Coverdale, predictable in a comfortable way, but not boring. Above all, it's not pretensious, which is very welcome in this day and age.

Welcome back, Mr Coverdale!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 10:42 am

Haven't heard the new Snake yet (though I want to) but I was very pleasantly surprised to find a rave review of it in today's newspaper. Three and a half stars! I'm not sure which is more shocking -- that they decided to review a Whitesnake disc in the first place, or that it's such a positive review. I would expect the too-hip music critics in this paper to laugh a band like Whitesnake right outta town.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Yup...Tribunal released our debut in November of 2005 and will release our second album (hopefully) in September of 2008...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:55 pm

Good review Shawn and after listening through a couple times, I have to say you nailed it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Just bought a copy at Target tonight for only $12.99 with the bonus live album included. I'm liking this album alot and it's probably the best thing by them since 1987!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:41 am

Never been a big Whitesnake fan, but this is pretty cool from what I've heard of it
Back to top Go down
Mordor
Metal student
Metal student
Mordor

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:51 am

I have had this album for 2 weeks now and can not stop listening to it. AWESOME return to form for the boys. Best thing since 1987
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerofmetal.dk

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:06 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
Good review Shawn and after listening through a couple times, I have to say you nailed it.

Thanks man...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:55 pm

I haven't heard the whole album yet but heard a song on XM and thought it was great. I'll have to pick this up.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 8:29 am

I picked this one up yesterday. I'm on my second listen this morning and it just keeps getting better. I really like this album!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:54 am

brontotex wrote:
I picked this one up yesterday. I'm on my second listen this morning and it just keeps getting better. I really like this album!
Pretty amazing that these guys were able to make an album with zero modern influence. This album is a true throwback. Classic rock all the way.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 7:34 pm

Got the cd in this week and it is simply amazing!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Classic album, David's voice is great. Can't stop listening to it.

I did a review for it at my music blog.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 2:39 am

David talking about the album here:

http://www.netinfect.de/media/whitesnake-epk,413,show.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album   Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here you can listen officialy to the new WHITESNAKE album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2