Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER

Go down 
+3
Dark Horseman
TheGreatDuck
krokus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Empty
PostSubject: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 3:56 pm

I think this is such a great record. They always say how important UFO, JUDAS, BLACK SABBATH or even MOTORHEAD was to the early NWOBHM bands like SAMSON, MAIDEN, TYGERS OF PAN TANG, etc...i also think that WHITESNAKE, specialy with this album was very important to shape the sound of some of those early NWOBHM bands. I know that many WHITESNAKE fans, and MAGNUM and STATUS QUO fans from the late 70s later moved to the nwobhm and became fans of all those glory NWOBHM bands. The just moved on to heavier music but still rooted in old heavy rock in some way. What do you guys think about this?.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Nah, Whitesnake were bluesier than most of their contemporaries; their sound back then was somewhat of a cross between Zepp and Bad Co., and while I believe a lot of NWOBHM bands appreciated all three bands, I don't think Whitesnake's influence on NWOBHM ever came close to that of bands such as Sabbath, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest and Motorhead.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 4:43 pm

I agree with TGD, the blues influence on those early albums was pretty big. I think they were inluened byt Cream as much as Deep Purple.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:01 pm

If you play the first TYGERS or SAMSON albums i think you can hear some of the heavier early songs of WHITESNAKE. Not all riffs and melodies of early WHITESNAKE was blues, they also had heavy rock songs.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Very true, probably a lot of influence from both camps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2012 7:18 pm

I think we're underestimating how HEAVY blues-based riffs can be.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 7:27 am

A great band, and don't doubt that version of Whitesnake influenced a few bands that came roaring out of the NWOBHM, but they seemed to stayed apart from it, maybe because that early version of Whitesnake wore their blues influences so openly on their sleeves.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:29 am

Wasn't former Whitesnake guitar player Bernie Marsden's band Alaska considered NWOBHM

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 am

No, they were an AOR band.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:59 am

Great album. One of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 am

I still need to get "Lovehunter" and "Trouble" to finish off that blues based era of Whitesnake. My favorite songs off "Lovehunter" are "Long Way From Home", "Medicine Man", "Walking In the Shadow of the Blues", and the title track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER   WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHITESNAKE:LOVEHUNTER
Page 1 of 1