Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!

Go down 
+9
the sentinel
James B.
Boris2008
manny
chewie
bass63
Glower
corplhicks
Witchfinder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Empty
PostSubject: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 11:20 am

This looks very cool. I was just listening to the UK mix of Slide It In last night.

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-25/whitesnake-detail-1984-live-album

Whitesnake have confirmed the release of Live in ’84: Back To The Bone, a package recorded during the band’s world tour 30 years ago.

Mainman David Coverdale was accompanied on the road by guitarist John Sykes, bassist Neil Murray and drummer Cozy Powell, following the release of acclaimed album Slide It In. Bonus material features Jon Lord’s last appearance with the band before rejoining Deep Purple, and Mel Galley is also featured.

Coverdale assembled the collection from his private audio and video archive, with the help of fans around the world. He says: “It’s still hard for me that half the incredible band who recorded Slide It In have passed away – Cozy, Mel, Jon Lord. All amazing people and amazing musicians.

“Their memories live on in our hearts and in the music they made. Wait until you see and hear them playing, as only they can.”

He adds: “These are memories I treasure and delight in sharing with you as we continue our celebration of the 30th anniversary of Slide It In."

Live in ’84: Back To The Bone is released on November 10 via New Frontiers Music (November 7 in Europe, November 11 in North America). It will be available as a deluxe DVD/CD set and standard DVD.

Deluxe DVD/CD tracklist
DVD
Super Rock 84

Gambler

Guilty Of Love

Love Ain't No Stranger

Ready An' Willing

Slow An' Easy

Crying In The Rain

Guitar Solo

Soldier Of Fortune

Drum Solo

Ain't No Love In The Heart of the City

Don't Break My Heart Again
Bonus tracks

Jon Lord’s Final Performance with Whitesnake: medley of

Gambler, Guilty Of Love, Love Ain't No Stranger, Ready An' Willing

Bonus gallery

Slide It In Slide Show with rare unseen photos

The Music Bed with snippets of private demos

CD
Snakeskin Boots - Best Of Bootlegs

Gambler

Guilty Of Love

Love Ain’t No Stranger

Slow An’ Easy

Walking In The Shadow Of The Blues

Ready An’ Willing

Guitar solo

Crying In The Rain

Soldier Of Fortune.
Super Rock 84

Love Ain’t No Stranger

Ready An’ Willing

Slow An’ Easy
EP Audio Track

Jon Lord’s Final Performance with Whitesnake: medley of

Gambler, Guilty Of Love, Love Ain't No Stranger, Ready An' Willing
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Jon Lord is the main reason I'll check this out.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 12:58 pm

This is the kind of stuff I want to see more of--classic bands releasing classic recordings on DVD. This one looks incredible.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 1:30 pm

It astounds me - that no one really recorded much from this era - to do it justice -
all the great concerts - only major acts seem to have gotten the credit - attention -
I'm glad the G-N-R concert at N.Y Ritz got filmed - it captured them - in their prime cheers
The 7-8 years of early Heavy Metal - truly passed before our eyes - then gone -
even early Metallica - imagine good concert quality footage of that -
We are left with bad recordings and scratchy, far away, film footage on youtube -
RATT - ICON - T.T QUICK - MALICE - KIX - HEAVEN - ROUGH CUTT -

Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 1:34 pm

I can't wait for this!
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:31 pm

Sounds good to me!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Like most folks in the States it was during the Slide it In era I discovered Whitesnake so I will be checking this out
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 6:08 am

I'll check it out, but when you have a live album like this

New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Whitesnake-Live-in-the-Heart-of-the-City

Everything else seems kind of superfluous!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:56 am

Sykes and Powell

thumbs up cool

crazy happy crazy happy crazy happy

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:57 am

James B. wrote:
Sykes and Powell

thumbs up cool

That's what I was thinking!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:00 pm

chewie wrote:
James B. wrote:
Sykes and Powell

thumbs up cool

That's what I was thinking!

Me too! \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Cozy was very unique and bad @$$ on the tubs (IMHO)

Sykes gave Whitesnake that "metallic shimmer" they had been missing with earlier versions. I dig the early line ups a lot too.

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:34 pm

I prefer the pre-Sykes, less-metallic version of Whitesnake. I also prefer the UK version of Slide It In to the US version.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 7:51 pm

corplhicks wrote:
This is the kind of stuff I want to see more of--classic bands releasing classic recordings on DVD. This one looks incredible.

Yes, absolutely agree with this statement. I have been hoping for years to run across some Y & T, Keel, Rough Cutt, Hurricane, Lion concerts from the heyday. Oh, well. Maybe someday.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 10:00 am

S.D. wrote:
I prefer the pre-Sykes, less-metallic version of Whitesnake.  I also prefer the UK version of Slide It In to the US version.  

The last "great" Whitesnake album (IMHO)

I dig on both versions too and believe the "metallic" sense Sykes brought would not have worked on the earlier stuff. (IMHDO) It was fine on the "Slide It In" album.

It was a time/place thing for me

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 10:38 am

Looking forward to this. Didn't know Sykes toured with the band. Slide it in was my first, from the band and it had such huge sound. I was just beginning to listen and buy music in 84.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 12:58 pm

James B. wrote:
S.D. wrote:
I prefer the pre-Sykes, less-metallic version of Whitesnake.  I also prefer the UK version of Slide It In to the US version.  

The last "great" Whitesnake album (IMHO)

I dig on both versions too and believe the "metallic" sense Sykes brought would not have worked on the earlier stuff. (IMHDO) It was fine on the "Slide It In" album.

It was a time/place thing  for me

The US version of Slide It In was the first album I heard of theirs. I really liked it, but when I started digging back into their earlier catalog I realized I preferred that sound.

I'm also not a huge fan of Sykes in Thin Lizzy, while that's a good album, it's also a little too metallic for them and I much prefer everything they did prior...and I prefer both Snowy White and Brian Robertson on guitar in that group.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 2:45 pm

It'll be good but this will be their fifth live release in 8 years. That's a bit much.

Much more interested in the new studio album.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2014 6:43 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
It'll be good but this will be their fifth live release in 8 years. That's a bit much.

Much more interested in the new studio album.

Two of them were retroactive "from the vault" kinda releases though, so that's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Anyone get this yet?
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 2:11 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Anyone get this yet?

I think it comes out tomorrow in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 2:22 pm

Quote :
I think it comes out tomorrow in the U.S.

cool..I had just noticed its now available for immediate shipment on amazon...
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 2:09 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Anyone get this yet?

I got mine yesterday. Great stuff. It's really strange hearing the songs with only 1 guitar player.But I like it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!   New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Whitesnake Live Album - From '84!
Page 1 of 1