Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talking metal!

Go down 
+9
the sentinel
Thrasher73
GrandNational
jstate
EvyMetal
Stender
MetalGuy71
kmorg
Wargod
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:31 am

Anyone ever watch this show on Fuse? Caught my first episode the other night not bad.
They were talking with Soilwork and asking them things like what is heavy metal or black metal anf their response in Swedish.

One term I thought was funny was when ask about hair metal they call it poodle rock hilarious!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:45 am

Yup, we also used to call it puddel rock (poodle rock) in Norway. Guess the Swedes didnæt know the correct American term. As a side note; why do you think the band The Poodles named themselves that?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 11:16 am

Good point!

Wargod48

NP: Domination Black - Haunting
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 8:45 pm

I caught it for the 1st time the other night. It was ok, nothing great. I've got to see a few more episodes before I can fully judge. I have my Tivo set to record some upcoming shows.

The one criticism I will make however, is the guests on the couch that don't really do anything but sit there. The episode I watched had Ian Christie as a guest on the couch, and they barely talked to him at all. He piped in once or twice and even then, didn't get much of a chance to talk. A guy like him could host the show over the 2 ass-clowns that do it now. They also had 2 "metal" chicks on the couch and they were introduced as some super-fans or something, but then they barely talked to them or asked any questions. Why bother having guests on the couch if you're not Talking Metal with 'em?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2008 10:08 pm

I havent had TV in my familys house since 1996, thats like when I was 6 yrs old!!!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 2:22 am

Stender wrote:
I havent had TV in my familys house since 1996, thats like when I was 6 yrs old!!!

You're not missing out on anything. And yet you can have a computer? scratch
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 6:30 pm

I used to listen to their podcast - they do get some great guests. But man, did I ever tire of their banter. Although I will watch the show in the hopes that fuse will put on more metal content. I've only seen the pilot episode and though it was cool enough. Have they showed the episode with Kerry King and his snakes?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah, weird huh? actuallly I have a TV just no network channels or satelite. I'm sure your right about not missing much though.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:55 pm

The show could be better. Seems cheesy at times.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:48 am

Stender wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Yeah, weird huh? actuallly I have a TV just no network channels or satelite. I'm sure your right about not missing much though.

Well, tell you the truth, I don't have cable or sattelite either.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:06 am

I've only seen the show once.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Saw it last weekend, it was alright. It was preceded by some smurf poo show about why "hair-metal" ruled or something or other. It was like one of those VH1 shows where they put semi celebrities on to talk about things they were not old enough (or alive) to remember. You just know that they just showed them the thing for the first time in their lives and it's really nothing more than their first impression/reaction to it.
(Steps off the soapbox now)
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Didnt like it, it is a fake industry dictated pseudo show for ipod metalheads, ugh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 6:43 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Stender wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Well, tell you the truth, I don't have cable or sattelite either.

don't worry man you ain't missing anything
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:39 am

Yea, I've caught a few more episodes and now I can fully say that the show is bad. The 2 fan boys that host it aren't entirely horrible, but the show seems very disjointed. They have guests on the couch that really add nothing to the show, the cd reviews are worthless, the announcer in the wrestling mask is way too corny and tries too hard, the end jams have nothing to do with the rest of the show. Maybe I'm showing my age, but the format of keeping every topic to short 1:00- minute clips and jumping all over the place is annoying. They only have a half-hour show and they are all over the place with discussions, interviews, reviews, band jams and back-in-the-day discussions.

If you haven't seen it, you aren't missing anything. You get more information from this message board.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 7:38 pm

MetalGuy71 said:
If you haven't seen it, you aren't missing anything. You get more information from this message board.

🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:53 pm

Watched two back-to-back airings a few weeks ago, that was enough for me. I appreciate what they're trying to do and props to Fuse for actual having a metal show, but it's pretty lame and I'm embarrassed by this show.

What VH1 special were these two on a few years ago? All I can think of when I watch this is that one guy dressed up like he was Ace or something for the special. Absolutely embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:02 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Watched two back-to-back airings a few weeks ago, that was enough for me. I appreciate what they're trying to do and props to Fuse for actual having a metal show, but it's pretty lame and I'm embarrassed by this show.

What VH1 special were these two on a few years ago? All I can think of when I watch this is that one guy dressed up like he was Ace or something for the special. Absolutely embarrassing.

I recognized those 2 ass-clowns as well. They must've been a part of one of those VH-1 "Top Metal Moments" or "Biggest Hard Rock F*ck-Ups" or something.

I thought the same thing about Fuse. It's cool that they're even giving these guys a shot, but the show's a clunker.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:50 pm

Nice performance of this classic song with this metal ensemble...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 10:16 am

Is this show still on the air?

Talking metal! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking metal!   Talking metal! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talking metal!
Page 1 of 1