Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Talking Heads

Go down 
+5
7thSaviour
Troublezone
Schbopo
manny
Metallic Blaze
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 5:11 pm

This new wave band really has become quite classic IMO.

Any other fans of these guys?

Talking Heads Talking_Heads_band3
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

Hell ya, I love this band, 'Speaking in Tongues' 'Talking Heads '77' and most of their discography is a must have.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I just know the very few radio hits they've had, but I like them well enough. For some reason I always get them confused with The Tubes.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:59 pm

They Burn Down the House!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:20 am

DB07's favorite band! Talking Heads 778825
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:12 am

I like them well enough.

My favorite album is Little Creatures. "We're on the road to nowhere..."

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Neuropete

Number of posts : 306

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:21 am

Oh no you didn't Metal Blaze...there you go again! AWESOME band! I was just thinking that yesterday that I had mistakenly left them out of my "favorite non-metal bands" on another post. They are truly original... very unique sound. My favorite album from them is probably "Remain in Light", and my favorite song is "The Naive Song (This Must Be the Place). I also enjoy some of their individual projects, like the Tina Waymouth's Tom Tom Club and David Byrne's solo stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:32 am

Talented, eclectic band but I have always found David Byrne irritating. He's got one of those faces that I would never get tired of punching.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 pm

Neuropete wrote:
Oh no you didn't Metal Blaze...there you go again! AWESOME band! I was just thinking that yesterday that I had mistakenly left them out of my "favorite non-metal bands" on another post. They are truly original... very unique sound. My favorite album from them is probably "Remain in Light", and my favorite song is "The Naive Song (This Must Be the Place). I also enjoy some of their individual projects, like the Tina Waymouth's Tom Tom Club and David Byrne's solo stuff.

Talking Heads 778825 Talking Heads 778825 Talking Heads 778825

I need to check out some of their individual projects.

I just ordered their second album a few minutes ago from Half.com. It's called "More Songs About Buildings and Food". Looking forward to hearing that one.

I also have "Talking Heads: 77" and it's a very good album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37652

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm in the midst of reading Mickey Leigh's "I Slept With Joey Ramone: A Family Memoir" and just finished a stretch about the Ramones' first tour of Europe in '76, with the Talking Heads as their opening act. The two bands shared a tour bus and the Heads were terrified of Johnny Ramone the entire time because he was so tightly wound; they spent the whole tour terrified that he was gonna snap any minute and beat them up Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 11:12 pm

When I was a teen, I was a waiter at the Holiday Inn here in Brockton. One Sunday morning I'm doing the breakfast shift, and in walks David Byrne. I wasn't waiting on his table, so I didn't say anything.

He was with a ridiculously fruity black dude, though. Is he ga-hey? Always wondered that.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 12:12 am

David Byrne is not ga-hey. He was married back in 1987 and had they had a daughter in 1989.

He does have a lot of friends in the music industry though - and we all know that many of those people are ga-hey. So he probably has quite a few ga-hey friends.

That's cool you saw David Byrne close up like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Talking Heads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking Heads   Talking Heads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Talking Heads
Page 1 of 1