Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.

Go down 
+5
Stender
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
MetalGuy71
Dark Horseman
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Empty
PostSubject: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:02 pm

You guys are slacking. Anyways, this is another album I had low expectations for and it surprised me. I know the purists won't accept him but Green's vocals are pretty good.

Last edited by Dark Horseman on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:13 pm

We're talking about it plenty. Just not around you. Wanker. Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. 337331

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:16 pm

Like I said to Scottm, it's Old Fart Wanker to you. Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. 576894
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:42 pm

After losing interest in sepultura for years, i still managed to grab me a copy of Kairos a few months ago. Surprisingly this album was very good. So i am now curious to check out more of the Green era, and plan on picking up their latest.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Check out Dante also.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Sepultura is still a thing? (shrugs)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 6:43 pm

I heard a track and wasn't blown away or anything so I kinda skipped this. Maybe i'll check it out sometime. How would you say it compares to the other Green stuff?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 8:05 pm

I'd say it was very similar to Kairos with a more traditional speed metal sound if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:40 pm

Some of the online reviews I've read about it weren't very flattering. So I skipped out on listening to any of it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 11:05 pm

I was in a record shop in Paris when the shop owner was playing it. Didn't give it a proper listen but there were a few times where i found myself unvoluntarily "headbanging" to some riffs. I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 1:24 am

nevermore wrote:
Some of the online reviews I've read about it weren't very flattering. So I skipped out on listening to any of it.

It f'ing slays. Just like the 4 before it.

Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 am

Haven't heard, nor do I care to hear one single song since Max left the band. Not that I have any type of grudge against them, I just lost interest. Not a huge Soulfly fan either, or whatever other bands he's been in after leaving Sepultura. Guess one of these days I might give a listen on YouTube to see if there is anything there for me, but it's not high on my list.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 11:16 am

I think if they'd changed their name, more people would give them a listen.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think if they'd changed their name, more people would give them a listen.

Even though Andreas isn't an OG member either, I don't think they should change Sepulturas name now, maybe if he leaves though.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Well I tried it, made it through like 3 tracks and then put on a josie Cotton record instead if that says anything.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. 395375
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 pm

I haven't heard their newest one yet, but this thread prompted me to listen to the last one of their's I picked up, The Mediator Between Head and Hands Must Be The Heart (cool title, btw), and it is a monster. It's really heavy. Almost makes me think of less frantic deathgrind. I dunno why people didn't jump back on the Sepultura bandwagon when it was released.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2017 10:08 am

I need to listen to that one more, never really grew on me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.   Now we're talking about the new Sepultura. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now we're talking about the new Sepultura.
Page 1 of 1