Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Donnas video

Go down 
+10
MetalGuy71
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
criss3o
rattpoison
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
tohostudios
Shiney
Wargod
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Well I have their latest cd called Bitchin and I really like it, very catchy songs they have come along way!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:10 pm

You kidding me? Is that what the latest album sounds like? Holy crap they've changed! They were a pop punk band before. That song kicks ass! That's a total Joan Jett anthem!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:19 pm

DONNAS are awesome.....and hot!!!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:19 pm

Yeah they have changed and the cd is really good.

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:27 pm

The new Donnas is really good. I have all their stuff except for the misstep before Bitchin'. I love the punk vibe.

I also recently acquired Halo Friendlies which is the same style. Simple songs that kick ass!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:29 pm

I have seen that HALO FRIENDLIES cd for yers and never gave it a second glance....

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Hmmm...guess I'll have to snag this new album. I've liked the band, but it was never anything special. Standard pop punk. I actually think I traded the CDs I had through lala.

If I buy the new album and like it...guess what? Yep. The collector in me will force me to rebuy what I got rid of. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:32 pm

Trust me, if you like The Donnas (especially the early stuff), you'd like Halo Friendlies.

More punk sounding and less AC/DC-ish.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:42 pm

Eyesore..I have 2 copies of "Spend The Night" by the DONNAS....want one?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Halo Friendlies sound good have to get a copy sometime!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:47 pm

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=501358

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:48 pm

Shiney wrote:
Eyesore..I have 2 copies of "Spend The Night" by the DONNAS....want one?
Is that the new one?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:49 pm

The new one is "Bitchin"!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:54 pm

That was pretty damn good. Thanks for sharin'. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37614

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:55 pm

I saw "BITCHIN" at Wal-Mart (!) the other day and almost picked it up. Now that I've heard a track off it, I'd say it's a must-grab.

The only other Donnas album I've heard is SPEND THE NIGHT but that's a great one. Kinda like a mish mash of 70s KISS, Bon Scott era AC/DC and a pinch of Ramones. Just good ole dumb fun.

I think I am crushin' on the singer. She's got that Christina Ricci kinda thing goin' on. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:43 am

They've gone quite a transformation from the bratty female Ramones sound of their early stuff to the big 80's arena hard rock of the latest.

Not only the transformation in the sound but also their turned into hot gurls (well except the bassist Cool ).

I don't think you could call them pop punk at anytime in their career, unless you call the Ramones pop punk. They were always that female missing link between Kiss and the Ramones. They were more inline with the Hellacopters, Turbonegro etc in the early 00's till now then that american pop punk stuff.

If you like them you'll like a swedish all gurl band called Crucified Barbara. I saw them live last year and they were great and the guitarist is a babe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keNA4P_Ymnc&feature=related

But still these gal bands have got a long way to go before they catch this (talk about working out a Skid Row grind)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y50GEFjKsZE&feature=related
Back to top Go down

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:01 am

You don't think the Ramones were pop punk? If there ever was a pop punk band, it was the Ramones. But I don't use the term "pop punk" as an insult, so I'm not being negative when I say that.

And yes, Crucified Barbara is a very good band.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:05 am

No i thought you mean't pop punk as in 00's american type. If were talking real pop punk then yeah the Ramones are and so was the Buzzcocks and so forth.

Did you check the other link below Crucified Barabara's one. You heard them?
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:11 am

I've been a Donnas Fan since Get SkinTight! This tune RAWKS!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:12 am

Eyesore wrote:
You kidding me? Is that what the latest album sounds like? Holy crap they've changed! They were a pop punk band before. That song kicks ass! That's a total Joan Jett anthem!

I thought it was a Joan Jett cover at first! Pretty good song - I may have to pick up the CD
Back to top Go down

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:38 am

rattpoison wrote:
No i thought you mean't pop punk as in 00's american type. If were talking real pop punk then yeah the Ramones are and so was the Buzzcocks and so forth.
No. Not talking about powderpuff pop punk like Good Charlotte and Blink 182.

Quote :
Yeah, I own In Distortion We Trust. Great album.
Back to top Go down

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:41 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I thought it was a Joan Jett cover at first! Pretty good song - I may have to pick up the CD
It sounds like "I Hate Myself For Loving You" in the beginning. That's what made me think of Joan Jett.

Since we're on topic. How is Joan Jett? I pretty much know only the hits.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:42 am

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
No. Not talking about powderpuff pop punk like Good Charlotte and Blink 182.

Quote :
Yeah, I own In Distortion We Trust. Great album.

No Eyesore the link to the other band below the Crucified Barbara link.

You heard them?
Back to top Go down

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 1:53 am

rattpoison wrote:
No Eyesore the link to the other band below the Crucified Barbara link.

You heard them?
Oh, missed that one. But yes, I know Phantom Blue. I only own the self-titled and Built To Perform. I wasn't even aware that they continued on after the second album. But by the sound of it, that's not surprising.

The first two are excellent, though.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:21 am

Nice gauntlets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Donnas video Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Donnas video   The Donnas video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Donnas video
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next