Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kix video I've never seen before...

Go down 
+2
manny
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Kix video I've never seen before... Empty
PostSubject: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWIgju3hq4&feature=related

Now THAT is some funny stuff. What a weird damn song that is, Cool Kids was a completely schizophrenic record with Kix throwing in everything but the kitchen sink looking for a hit...but somehow it all works.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:48 pm

Hahahaha, that was brilliant. I've never seen this video before either. Those early 80s fashions are tough on the eyes though!!

Kix STILL rules!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Kix STILL rules!

True! Like the bastard offspring of Cheap Trick and Aerosmith...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:53 pm

I love that song and video, you should check out the video to " Body Talk" it is almost as cheesy as " Cool Kids" video, the record label must have budgeted out like $20 bucks to film these early promo clips.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:56 pm

It sounds like a song INXS would do.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:58 pm

I like Inxs but they were hip to sing songs about 'Cool Kids', love the lyrics:

Hey what'cha gonna do on Friday night
Where ya gonna go
We gotta find some action
Baby I'll meet ya at the Paradise
Start a little chain reaction
Hey anybody got a cigarette
Thanks
Anybody here got a dime
I heard that Frankie's got a blue Corvette
She said to call her any time
Anybody got a situation
Is there any place to go
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 12:59 pm

Cool Kids video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMwY66HdLk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:01 pm

Detuned I was guessing what video you posted, I am at work and these corporate bean counters have put You Tube on we cannot access list, and on second thought Troublezone I can see Inxs doing " Body Talk'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:05 pm

To "unblock" Youtube, change the "www" part to either "ca" or "uk".

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=KQMwY66HdLk&feature=related
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 1:08 pm

You rock Spec
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:05 pm

It's not Kix, but since we're busting out bad 80's videos, did anyone else catch this little gem the other night on VH-1 Classics' 2009 for 2009 video marathon?

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL1RguQL4jQ

I never knew this video existed and I'd wager RJD wishes it didn't either. The plastic lightsaber to the crotch really says it all.

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's not Kix, but since we're busting out bad 80's videos, did anyone else catch this little gem the other night on VH-1 Classics' 2009 for 2009 video marathon?

I never knew this video existed and I'd wager RJD wishes it didn't either. The plastic lightsaber to the crotch really says it all.

I loved that video as a kid. That was in pretty heavy rotation in 84/85, I'm surprised you missed it. Oh, I forgot, they didn't have TV at the Unwanted Boys Home. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:11 pm

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

I loved that video as a kid. That was in pretty heavy rotation in 84/85, I'm surprised you missed it. Oh, I forgot, they didn't have TV at the Unwanted Boys Home. Sad

Close. We didn't get cable in my fair city till much later. I had to go to my grandparents place in the 'burbs back then to see it. And back then I was all about "You Can't Do That On Television" on Nickeleodeon. I loved watching pre-pubecent boys and girls get slimed.

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 2:12 pm

Quote :
I loved watching pre-pubecent boys and girls get slimed.

Now that will get you 10 to 25.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:14 am

detuned wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGWIgju3hq4&feature=related

Now THAT is some funny stuff. What a weird damn song that is, Cool Kids was a completely schizophrenic record with Kix throwing in everything but the kitchen sink looking for a hit...but somehow it all works.

Great song and record.....not so much the video....but Brian 'Damage' Forsythe is looking great as always particuarly in that cool Stray Cats shirt.

That song is the only song i've heard were it makes me think Duran Duran and AC/DC at the same time.....an achievement in itself.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 3:49 am

They must of been dabbling with "new wave" when they recorded this song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:55 am

troublezone wrote:

They tried a little bit of everything on the COOL KIDS album.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:35 pm

detuned wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Kix STILL rules!

True! Like the bastard offspring of Cheap Trick and Aerosmith...

Very well put! Very Happy Thanks for the vid, btw.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
troublezone wrote:

They tried a little bit of everything on the COOL KIDS album.

I kinda like it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 8:47 am

These guys were so ahead of their time!! Can't wait to see them at Rock Gone Wild!!! btw, I just won 2 free GA's [worth $175 each] if anyone is interested. I already have the VIP package.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kix video I've never seen before...   Kix video I've never seen before... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kix video I've never seen before...
Page 1 of 1