Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headhunter news

Go down 
+2
SideShowDisaSter
sovdat
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:58 am

All three Headhunter albums are going to be rerelased on AFM Records soon, and new album is to come out next year! I don't know who's going to be in the band this time, but Schmier certainly will be. Smile
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 12:02 pm

Shouldn't this be in the main forum?Razz

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:11 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:

So, move it, moderator Cool

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:50 pm

kmorg wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

So, move it, moderator Cool

You know, why didn't I think of that?lol!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 1:54 pm

Hm, I thought that I posted it in the main forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 2:21 pm

Nah, it was in the Unsound Mind forum. I just moved it over.

I may pick up these re-issues until I can find the originals of them. I especially want Parody Of Life.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:32 pm

I don't think that they're that rare, I got an Japanese version of Parody of Life (it originaly comes with OBI, which mine doesn't have, but I really don't care about it) for 18 EUR and I've seen it on ebay for the same price some times. Here's one at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Headhunter-parody-of-life-CD-Album-DESTRUCTION_W0QQitemZ190139050216QQihZ009QQcategoryZ1049QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: New Video   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 3:44 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=93428

🤘 🤘 🤘 Can´t wait to hear the new album!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:22 pm

It's a reunion with original members Jorg Michael and Schmuddel. The new album should be out in two months, not next year Laughing

Good band, tongue-in-the-cheek energetic speed metal for highschool headbangers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:26 pm

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I may pick up these re-issues until I can find the originals of them. I especially want Parody Of Life.

Reissues will be remastered with bonuses man, way better than the originals in sound, and hopefully packaging wise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 3:42 pm

stormspell wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:

Reissues will be remastered with bonuses man, way better than the originals in sound, and hopefully packaging wise.

To me, that doesn't matter one single bit. If it's something I want for my collection, I want the original press (or first Japanese press).

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:22 pm

I got these last year they didnt come with any bonus tracks and there was a lot of misspellings and missing words in the booklet. Otherwise the re releases were pretty cool. I was going to get the originals but The originals are pretty hard to come buy unless you really want to spend the money on them.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:51 pm

HEADHUNTER, the reunited German band featuring DESTRUCTION frontman Marcel "Schmier" Schirmer, STRATOVARIUS drummer Jörg Michael, and guitarist Schmuddel (ex-TALON), has posted the title track of its forthcoming album, "Parasite of Society", on the group's MySpace page.

Schmier stated about the song: "I basically did write the chorus of 'Parasite of Society' for the new DESTRUCTION album. But during the songwriting of the HEADHUNTER record, I couldn't resist to bring in some classicial 'thrash-spice,' as the rest of material was very traditional NWOBHM 'till that point. I hope the DESTRUCTION fans will forgive me for my willful waste...hargh!"

Due in the U.S. on June 10 via Candlelight Records, "Parasite of Society" was mixed by Achim Köhler in Stuttgart, Germany.

Schmier previously stated about the album, "This record really made my day in difficult times and goes back to the roots of metal. My roots of music. I'm smurfin' honored that I had the chance again to play with my mates, Schmuddel and Jörg, after all those years."

"Parasite of Society" track listing:

01. 3rd Man Introduction
02. Parasite Of Society
03. Silverskull
04. Remission
05. Doomsday For The Prayer
06. 18 And Life
07. Read My Lips
08. Backs To The Wall
09. Egomaniac
10. The Calling
11. Payback Time
12. Rapid Fire

HEADHUNTER had its trio of albums originally issued during Schmier's years away from DESTRUCTION"Parody of Life" (1990), "A Bizarre Gardening Accident" (1992), and "Rebirth" (1994) — re-released on September 7, 2007 via AFM Records.

HEADHUNTER has been confirmed for this year's installment of the Wacken Open Air festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:15 pm

Cool! That tune sounds awesome to these thrash-hungry ears!!!

Headhunter news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headhunter news   Headhunter news Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headhunter news
Page 1 of 1