Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)

Go down 
+7
stpatrik
choosemetal
Boris2008
Witchfinder
MoonChild
Eyesore
krokus
11 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Empty
PostSubject: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:31 am

Here a new video about bands formed around 2008/2009 and that play traditional heavy metal.

+THANKING EVERYBODY.

Last edited by krokus on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Empty
PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:11 am

Interesting. I thought Portrait were a black metal band. A local shop has one of their albums and I always pick it up, see the band photo on the back, and put it back down. I'll have to buy it next time I see it.

And I guess I should never judge a band by its corpse paint.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 5:59 am

Thanks for watching. Yes, PORTRAIT is a traditional heavy metal band very much influenced by MERCYFUL FATE, thats why they have some corpse pain, at least in the beginning. Just now they are going to release a new album.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 am

krokus wrote:
Thanks for watching. Yes, PORTRAIT is a traditional heavy metal band very much influenced by MERCYFUL FATE, thats why they have some corpse pain, at least in the beginning. Just now they are going to release a new album.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:08 am

Traditional Heavy Metal IS Heavy Metal. Good to hear such bands, quite refreshing.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 11:51 am

MoonChild wrote:
Traditional Heavy Metal IS Heavy Metal. Good to hear such bands, quite refreshing.

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Great video Krokus! I am a big fan of NWOTHM bands.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 12:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Interesting. I thought Portrait were a black metal band. A local shop has one of their albums and I always pick it up, see the band photo on the back, and put it back down. I'll have to buy it next time I see it.

And I guess I should never judge a band by its corpse paint.  Laughing 

Eyesore, pick up their second album Crimen Laesae Majestatis Divinae.  It's a really good album and not Black Metal in the slightest.  Also, their new album - Crossroads - will be out next month.  

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:20 pm

I like some of this stuff. The ones that have stood out for me are Slingblade, Attic, Black Trip, Christian Mistress, Stallion and Night Demon. They are the ones that I've bought records by.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:21 pm

MoonChild wrote:

Then just call it heavy metal for crying out loud, the word "traditional" is superfluous.
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Krokus, you should check out Black Trip, Night Demon, Iron Kobra, Attic, Bursting out, and Witches Coven.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
stpatrik
Metal student
Metal student
stpatrik

Number of posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm

My favourite NWOTHM band are Savage Blade from Canada. Their 2009 debut We Are The Hammer is just amazing. It's available on Spotify. They have a new sophomore album to be released this Friday entitled Angel Museum. A few tracks from that is available on their website and sounds promising indeed.

http://savageblade.com/
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:50 am

The funny thing about the term NWOTHM is that this so-called wave has been ongoing ever since the 80s. Were there no bands playing traditional heavy metal all through the 90s and early 00s? Of course there were; it's just now the media and market is milking the cash cow a bit.

And I don't mind the term traditional because it indicates a certain style—that classic, early style—while heavy metal is kind of a catch-all these days.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:07 am

Eyesore wrote:

And I don't mind the term traditional because it indicates a certain style—that classic, early style—while heavy metal is kind of a catch-all these days.

Yeah, traditional for me means it's going to be that early 80's pre thrash style. I don't mind the tag even if it is a media invention (they all are, most NWOBHM bands had been around long before the term, but the scene started when the music press started giving a damn)
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Were there no bands playing traditional heavy metal all through the 90s and early 00s?

Obviously there were....but there is no denying the massive influx of these bands that started popping up a few years ago, mostly younger guys, all forming bands more in the style of NWOBHM bands, and using similar themes and artowrk.

There are far more of these bands all at one time then there has been in a long, long time. So they all get automatically set apart as a this specific scene. That's just how it is.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:30 pm

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Were there no bands playing traditional heavy metal all through the 90s and early 00s?

Obviously there were....but there is no denying the massive influx of these bands that started popping up a few years ago, mostly younger guys, all forming bands more in the style of NWOBHM bands, and using similar themes and artowrk.

There are far more of these bands all at one time then there has been in a long, long time. So they all get automatically set apart as a this specific scene. That's just how it is.

There has been no influx. That's my point. Shining a light on something doesn't mean it wasn't there beforehand.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:07 pm

Today i put a second part on you tube. YOU can check it at the top of this post.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 1:50 pm

krokus wrote:
Today i put a second part on you tube. YOU can check it at the top of this post.

I was unaware of Knight Fury. I will have to pick that one up.

Great video as always, Krokus!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:41 pm

[quote="Witchfinder"]
krokus wrote:

Great video as always, Krokus!

headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Great video.

I am so into the new heavy metal movement.

Just picked up the latest skull fist cd.

Why don't ULT and KMORG start such videos?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:58 pm

No time to do videos. I can barely keep up with my web site these days, though I have though about doing the video thing. May be some day.

A kid posted a YouTube video of his band on one of the Facebook sites I am part of. I asked him what style of music they play. His reply back was, "we just call it heavy metal". I replied, "oh, so like Judas Priest and Iron Maiden" to which the reply was, "no like insert band with sentence for name". It was metalcore, but he just didn't want to call it metalcore. After listening I replied and said, "sounds like metalcore to me", which apparently was insulting to him. I think the new generation of heavy metal fans have no idea what "heavy metal" is or was. They will even argue with me that heavy metal didn't exist for an entire decade after it actually came about.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They will even argue with me that heavy metal didn't exist for an entire decade after it actually came about.

NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) 6d4f8244
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:42 pm

Well maybe it sounds like Heavy Metal to him and not metalcore.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:28 am

Thanks for watching guys. Scott, we know when a band sounds real heavy metal and when it doesnt. Nobody is going to fool us after listening to traditional heavy metal for such a long time, NOBODY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)   NWOTHM new video  (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NWOTHM new video (NOW YOU CAN SEE SECOND PART OF VIDEO THAT I MADE TODAY TUESDAY)
Page 1 of 1