Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?

Go down 
+11
jstate
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
White_Mage
Wargod
nevermore
tohostudios
mc666
Thrasher73
Rex
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:24 am

I just ordered my copy.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:28 am

Here's one review I found:
Quote :
Death Angel - Killing Season
(Nuclear Blast ) Total Time: 48:14

I don’t know what your opinion would be about a bay area thrash metal release nowadays, in 2008, but I’m sure that, when it comes from Death Angel, you are more than curious! “Killing Season” is the new full-length album of the band and it is a slug in the face! Eleven songs of pure thrash metal, with modern production, bringing in mind thoughts of the past and hope for the future.
The album is a combination of the old and new thrash metal school, with the old school prevailing. We have to do with amazingly smashing guitar riffs in every single song, riffs that are shouting for energy and head banging! The work on the guitar solos declares technical skills and they have been put where, exactly, a song would need a solo in order to climax. No useless show off playing here! Mark Osegueda uses his excellent voice in an excellent way and the result is angry and breezy vocals to create an exploding feeling. The drumming, for one thing, is a bombardment of breaks, double bass and mid tempo rhythms, offering the best to the music without stealing the glory from the rest.
In case you are afraid that this album would make you feel bored, I assure you this isn’t going to happen! Quite the opposite, because of the HEAVY flavour it is possessed by, mixed with groove parts, this album will stay in your CD player for a long time! Actually, tracks like “Lord of Hate”, “Dethroned” and “Steal the Crown” would be your daily soundtrack for the next months. “Killing Season» is definitely one of the releases that would be discussed a lot this year. Go check it out!

http://www.metal-invader.com/db/reviews-4656.html

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah I as well hear Godsmack all over it. Good call on that one Ult! I liked the 1st song, then the disc just becomes stagnant to me. I don't hate it, but I don't like the album either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 pm

I don't hear Godsmack. Too many solos that Godsmack would never do. This is good stuff.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:54 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I don't hear Godsmack. Too many solos that Godsmack would never do. This is good stuff.

Ya all are missing the point. I am not saying that the new Death Angels sounds like Godsmack. It has nothing to do with the guitar solos, vocals, song structures, etc. All I said was that some of the RIFFS reminded me of Godsmack, and one song in particular had a riff that reminded me of the song "The Enemy" from Godsmack. It's those low-tuned, stop/start, modern riffs that are used occasionally.

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 1:21 pm

Gotcha. You are still wrong though. very happy

Seriously, if you hadn't pointed that out, I wouldn't have noticed.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 12:45 pm

I agree with you Empty. I don't hear that either.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 1:03 pm

i have heard one song and it sounded good

more than i can say about the new children of bodom song i heard the other day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2