Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?

Go down 
+11
jstate
MetalGuy71
SideShowDisaSter
White_Mage
Wargod
nevermore
tohostudios
mc666
Thrasher73
Rex
ultmetal
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Empty
PostSubject: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:18 am

Quote :
New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? DeathAngelKillingSeason
Legendary Bay Area Thrashers DEATH ANGEL will soon unleash their highly anticipated album, Killing Season!

The new album was recorded at Studio 606 in Northridge, California with producer Nick Raskulinecz, who has previously worked with Foo Fighters, Rush, Velvet Revolver, Shadows Fall, and Stone Sour, among other acts.

A brand new song, entitled "Sonic Beatdown", has been posted on the group's MySpace page for fans around the world to preview: www.myspace.com/deathangel

Killing Season Track List:

01. Lord of Hate
02. Sonic Beatdown
03. Dethroned
04. Carnival Justice
05. Buried Alive
06. Soulless
07. The Noose
08. When Worlds Collide
09. God vs God
10. Steal the Crown
11. Resurrection Machine

Due Feb. 26th.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am

THey have the entire album up at their myspace page (at least it was a few days ago). I listened to the first few tracks and it sounded good.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:52 am

Another to the want list.Sounds great from the samples!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:33 pm

I have heard the entire CD and I love it it kicks some major ass my favorite release of 2008 so far !!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:48 pm

haven't heard it yet, but it's on my want list

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:49 pm

I listened to the previews and was really surprised. I thought the vocals would be all growling but the guy actually sings.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:19 pm

I pre-ordered this a few weeks ago. Just got it and getting ready to give it a spin. I had already heard the song Sonic Beatdown on their myspace page and really liked it.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 6:52 pm

It's not to bad nothing like the new Exodus!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:09 pm

sweet i gotta check that out 🤘
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:19 pm

It's Death Angel! It's gonna be good! I've liked everything they have released so far, and I'm sure this one will be NO different.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

With the artwork and the name, I always thought these guys were a death metal band. I was listening to the new album on their MySpace tonight and I really like it; not what I thought this band was about at ALL!

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:27 pm

BTW, listening to the songs right now on MySpace. IT RIPS!!

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

you're right.This sounds much better Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:54 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

you're right.This sounds much better Smile

YEP !! 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 12:44 am

Nothing against Exodus but I like the Death Angel disc more.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:33 am

nevermore wrote:
Nothing against Exodus but I like the Death Angel disc more.

Dont get me wrong,I Love Exodus.This just sounds better than Exodus' latest.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 pm

I've always enjoyed their music and this one doesn't sound off the mark either. It will be mine.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:43 am

Does anyone know if there will be a special edition release of this? I noticed on wherehouse.com they had a cd/dvd listed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:28 am

Wow !! That sounds cool. I need to get the release w/ the DVD
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:39 pm

whoa! I like this one a lot!!

Alex

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Got a copy on pre-order! I listened to nearly the whole thing on their Myspace page and was REALLY digging it!

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I LOVE this band. This will be mine Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 8:06 am

Have heard it twice in the past few days. It's not bowling me over, but it's not bad either. Sort of has a mixture of the band's old style and a newer Godsmack sound.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:12 am

Got it yesterday.So far I'm really liking it.I dont hear any Godsmack though Ult
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 9:22 am

Some of those modern stop/start riffs they are incorporating have a more 'modern' tone. Not saying they are copying Godsmack, just that some of it reminded me of Godsmack. I can't remember which song I was listening to, but for some reason it reminded me of "The Enemy" by Godsmack. Maybe it's just me?!

I'm going to give it plenty of spins before reviewing it.

PostSubject: Re: New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?   New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DEATH ANGEL? Anyone heard the preview yet?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next