Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death Angel or Dark Angel

Go down 
+28
Thrasher73
Glenn Rogers
DeathCult
SlaytanicPOWER
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Grimmo
James B.
nevermore
Olafsto
Joe
Troublezone
ryanmetalman
BillRoxx
ultmetal
stormspell
kmorg
STIGMATADOR
Leatherface
Stender
SideShowDisaSter
adrian
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
troublemagnet
mc666
fingers
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Death Angel
Death Angel or Dark Angel Vote_lcap28%Death Angel or Dark Angel Vote_rcap
 28% [ 12 ]
Dark Angel
Death Angel or Dark Angel Vote_lcap72%Death Angel or Dark Angel Vote_rcap
 72% [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

Death Angel or Dark Angel Empty
PostSubject: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:36 pm

Id say Death Angel only because they are still around and have released more albums than Dark Angel and I had the priveledge of seeing them open for Armored Saint last year. But Dark Angel rules as well
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Dark Angel have had more of an impact on me.

troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 7:42 pm

Dark Angel had one really good album,Darkness.All of Death Angels' are good to excellent.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28367

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:27 pm

Dark Angel by far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:59 am

Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel by far.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:21 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel by far.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4596

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:59 am

adrian wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel by far.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:07 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
adrian wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel by far.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18833

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:32 am

Dark Angel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
STIGMATADOR
Metal novice
Metal novice
STIGMATADOR

Number of posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:45 am

I have to say Dark Angel. The problem for me was this, however: Dark Angel only released one album I truly love from beginning to end, and still put on after all these years (Darkness Descends); whereas Death Angel have put out several interesting albums, with plenty of decent songs....but never an entire album that I liked from start to finish. There are tons of gems, but always encrusted in an only moderately-shiny crown. Death Angel is probably the better band...but of the two bands, not the one with a T-Shirt I would bid on if it showed up on e-bay.

)+(

Last edited by STIGMATADOR on Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : for the good of mankind)
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:28 am

Stender wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
adrian wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel by far.

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:32 am

kmorg wrote:
Stender wrote:
SideShowDisaSter wrote:
adrian wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
Dark Angel by far.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:52 am

Both
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:02 am

Like 'em both, chose Dark Angel.

Metal master
Metal master
BillRoxx

Number of posts : 976

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 10:10 am

Agree with ult and voted Dark Angel
Back to top Go down
http://www.roxxproductions.com
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:09 am

C'mon people are you serious?!? Dark Angel made one really great album with Don Doty.Ron Rinehart's vocals are TERRIBLE, monotonic, with no range whatsoever.You guys aren't choosing Dark Angel because Ron's a christian now are you? (Had to throw that out there).People have hated Death Angel ever since "Frolic" because they slightly strayed from the thrash formula, yet Ultra-Violence is just as good as "Darkness" or "Time". But "Time Does Not Heal" has 246 riffs! Yes, 246 boring riffs,sure. All of Death Angel's albums are good to outstanding-ACT III alone is better than anything Dark Angel ever put out. It has great thrash,amazing balladry and dynamic songwrighting all over it. Mark Osegueda is a versatile singer-Neither Don or Ron could pull off a song such as "A Room With A View". The only reason these two bands are constantly compared to each other is because both bands came from the same general geographical area, are considered "thrash" bands, and the similarity of their band names which is a dubious reason to compare the two in the first place. What's next-Metallica or Metallium? Iron Maiden or Iron Saviour? Holy Terror or Holy Moses? Exodus or Exumer? Kyuss or Kiuas? Dream Evil or Dream Theatre? Angel Dust or Angel Witch?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:30 am

troublemagnet wrote:
You guys aren't choosing Dark Angel because Ron's a christian now are you?
that certainly doesn't mean anything to me. i chose them because i like them better than Death Angel. period.

ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:30 am

...Dark Angel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:37 am

Dark Angel is WAY better!

All of their albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:55 am

troublemagnet wrote:
C'mon people are you serious?!? Dark Angel made one really great album with Don Doty.Ron Rinehart's vocals are TERRIBLE, monotonic, with no range whatsoever.You guys aren't choosing Dark Angel because Ron's a christian now are you? (Had to throw that out there).People have hated Death Angel ever since "Frolic" because they slightly strayed from the thrash formula, yet Ultra-Violence is just as good as "Darkness" or "Time". But "Time Does Not Heal" has 246 riffs! Yes, 246 boring riffs,sure. All of Death Angel's albums are good to outstanding-ACT III alone is better than anything Dark Angel ever put out. It has great thrash,amazing balladry and dynamic songwrighting all over it. Mark Osegueda is a versatile singer-Neither Don or Ron could pull off a song such as "A Room With A View". The only reason these two bands are constantly compared to each other is because both bands came from the same general geographical area, are considered "thrash" bands, and the similarity of their band names which is a dubious reason to compare the two in the first place. What's next-Metallica or Metallium? Iron Maiden or Iron Saviour? Holy Terror or Holy Moses? Exodus or Exumer? Kyuss or Kiuas? Dream Evil or Dream Theatre? Angel Dust or Angel Witch?

Are you high?? You gotta be high if you think Death Angel is better than Gene Hoglan & the boys.

Ron's vocals are anything but monotonous on TDNH... there's plenty of power, melody and tempo shifts.

Dark Angel was brutal. Death Angel is ok... but wimpy. Kinda like a Anthrax-lite.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Sorry TM, my vote is going to Dark Angel as well. I have no problems with Death Angel, love them in fact. Out of both of their catalogs, the album that I go back to the most is TIME DOES NOT HEAL, so Dark Angel wins here.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:59 pm

troublemagnet wrote:
Dark Angel had one really good album,Darkness.All of Death Angels' are good to excellent.

What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:36 pm

Death Angel for me. Even though I like both bands, I enjoy the Death Angel catalog more.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:04 pm

Tough choice for me, take Hoglan out of the equation and Dark Angel lost more than just a talented drummer. How many bands can you say that about ? And what does that say about the rest of the band ? If you missed my point, his drumming wasn't the biggest impact he ahd on that band. I think Dark Angel was better onstage with both Don and Ron as opposed to Death Angel. I seem to enjoy Mark's vocals more and they mix things up a bit more in the songwriting department.

By a microbe on a tick hanging on a hair from a camel's left testicle......Death Angel

Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Are you high?? You gotta be high if you think Death Angel is better than Gene Hoglan & the boys.

Ron's vocals are anything but monotonous on TDNH... there's plenty of power, melody and tempo shifts.

Dark Angel was brutal. Death Angel is ok... but wimpy. Kinda like a Anthrax-lite.
This!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death Angel or Dark Angel   Death Angel or Dark Angel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next