Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ever heard of Blessed Death

Go down 
+3
Lurideath
stepcousin
Stender
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Ever heard of Blessed Death Empty
PostSubject: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:22 pm

I came across this pretty rare/unknown thrash speedmetal band called Blessed death the other day and was wondering if anyone else had heard of them and your thoughts. I guess they came out in 1984 and released two albums "Destined for Extinction" and "Kill or be Killed. After bad promotion on their labels part and public indifference they faded altogether. All Music Guide said in a review that "Blessed Death is the next best thing to Slayer" what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:30 pm

Not unknown, just not WELL known. They kill.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 6:19 am

I had their first 2 LP's and then cd's back in the 80's. LOVED 'em. they were to me the epitome of just pure thrash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 8:13 am

Yea I have the two LPs also and I have the "Hour of Pain" CD that was released in 2006 (old recording from 1991)

Great Thrash band indeed.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Yeah, I totally dig them too but I dont know about them being on par with Slayer as AMG said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 12:39 am

I also had their 2 records on vinyl as a teen. "Kill Or Be Killed" was my fave, but both were good.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 2:35 am

Very good band! I have both albums as well on cassette. Gotta find them on CD!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 8:11 am

I had "Destined for Extinction" back in the day on vinyl. I remember the cover had a picture of Stonehenge. I don't own any of their CDs now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 11:23 am

I have Kill Or Be Killed. Great album!!!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:38 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Very good band! I have both albums as well on cassette. Gotta find them on CD!

I guess Kill or be Killed and Destined for extinction both got re-released, I cant remember the label, but there probaly a little easier to find on CD media now.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2008 6:41 pm

They were reissued on Old Metal Records.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 2:41 pm

Of course a great band. Beside their two albums i have their 1985 demo and their TERMINAL RAGE demo from 1990.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever heard of Blessed Death   Ever heard of Blessed Death Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever heard of Blessed Death
Page 1 of 1