Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOST

Go down 
+8
EvyMetal
mc666
Olafsto
scottmitchell74
kethdredd
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:21 am

007 wrote:
And what was Desmond doing on the flight and where did he disappear to ?

Desmond, I think was traveling in and out of time, which would explain the reason why he wasn't in the plane as the passengers got off. He's been labeled as having that special gift, but at the same time he tends to not know when he's been jettisoning through time.
Back to top Go down

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 12:35 am

I love this friggin' show, I just watched the series premiere over at a friends house...the way it continues to turn my brain inside out season after season is impressive.
Back to top Go down

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:56 pm

UP

Tonight is the "Jacob" and "Man In Black" back story episode that I've been waiting for since last season.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:51 pm

detuned wrote:
UP

Tonight is the "Jacob" and "Man In Black" back story episode that I've been waiting for since last season.

Heck yeah!!!! Looking forward to it!!! This season as been freakin awesome!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 1:52 pm

Just read in today's paper that the LOST finale (May 23rd) has been expanded to two and a half hours, rather than the previously stated two hours.

They're treating this like Super Bowl Sunday or something. There's going to be a 2 hour "recap' show before the finale starts, then the finale itself, then some kind of wrap up/cast reunion special on Jimmy Kimmel's late night show.

I'll miss it when it's gone LOST - Page 3 Icon_sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Me too - I will miss it....... it is a FANTASTIC SHOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:58 am

OOoooookay.... so any thoughts on last night's "Lost" finale?

I was somewhat disappointed. I enjoyed the first hour and a half or so, but the last half was not what I expected. It was well done, and it was nice to see a (more or less) "happy" ending, but I dunno, I was hoping for something a bit more "nuts and bolts" and not as metaphysical. I have always been more of a fan of the action/adventure side of the show than the "big questions" part of it anyway.

Still, bummed that it won't be back....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:23 am

I thought it was a beautiful way to end the show. I've been skeptical all season on which direction it would go, but as the writers have done throughout the series, the final episode was damn near note-perfect in it's execution.

The show pulled the ultimate sleight of hand, it had us focusing so hard on finding all the answers...but in the end it's the characters that were the most important thing...and while they left much to the viewer's interpretation (which I always prefer more than concrete endings anyway) I felt a definite sense of closure and I felt satisfied.

A couple things I don't know HOW I missed up until last night:

JACOB'S LADDER - they have the fight on the rocks beside the ladder which leads to Jacob's cave...but for some reason the term "jacob's ladder" didn't pop into my head until last night.

CHRISTIAN SHEPHERD - Never even thought about Jack's Dad's last name until that episode.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:59 am

detuned wrote:

CHRISTIAN SHEPHERD - Never even thought about Jack's Dad's last name until that episode.

Yeah, y'know that had never occurred to me either, till I saw his name on the box containing his coffin as it came off the airplane. That made me go "Hmmmm." Then when Kate commented on it later on in the episode, I went "OK, so at least I'm not the only one."

P.S. can one of the mods move this thread into the movie/TV room? Seems to me that it belongs there...

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:18 am

AWESOME ending!!!! PERFECT for LOST!!!!!

I loved how the events set in place by Jacob turning his brother into the smoke monster and Jack had to fix the island (after the island fixed him)

All those that died died to save the world. They were all broken.

Desmond was the true "fail safe" - he had to remove the "cork" keeping evil at bay so Smokey could be killed. No one else could do it - it would kill them. Jack had to put it back to save the world from ending.

Hurley is now large and in charge - with Ben starting to earn penance for his "sins" by truly protecting the island.

Desmond gets to leave and be with his family.

The 'Ajiria 6' fly away (6 people on the plane, just like the Oceanic 6)

Sideways world - really purgatory. Love how they showed it with Jack realizing he was dead and so was everyone else. They had to "find" themselves to move on to heaven.

'Whatever happened, happened" and everything on the island was life and happened. Faraday was wrong about changing the past - you can't. The time traveling was all part of the past and happened.

Loved seeing all (well, most of) the losties that died be reunited in the afterlife.

The most important thing the Losties ever did was on the island. Make since, since they saved the world.

The Darma folks seemed to be all about trying to put science around the metaphysical.

Show ends with everyone DEAD. How many other Network TV shows would have the balls to end a series with all of the characters dead?

Series starts with Jack opening his eye, end with him closing his eye.

Amazing, amazing ending. Loved it - like a good book, you have to think about it after it is over.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:40 am

One of the major highlights for me last night was seeing Kate dolled up in that lil' black cocktail dress. Over the course of the show I'd gotten so used to seeing her running around in the jungle covered in mud, in a dirty t-shirt, with ratty hair, etc., that I had almost forgotten how fiiiiiiiine Evangeline Lilly is till they cleaned her up a little. LOST - Page 3 Icon_lol

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I was for the most part happy with the finale. The island stuff was great.The death of Smokey/Locke was pretty cool, Jack's death was pretty cool-Vincent lying down beside him as he looks to the sky smiling to see the "Ajira 6" fly away to safety,Hurley's appointment as new island protector,Ben's promotion to No. 2,etc. etc..

The alt was a little off for me. I can't believe they wasted half of season 6 on that (basically a purgatory) when a lot of the unanswered mysteries could have been revealed (Walt's special abilities,how ash protected you from Smokey..actually that's all I can think of offthe top of my head). I guess I'm just being nitpicky because they gave us a hell of ride these last six years. Broadcast nights were close to being an event in our household.There will probably never be another show like it again.

Goodbye LOST ! Thanks for an awesome show !
Back to top Go down

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:20 pm

You guys notice that "the numbers" were the table numbers at the dinner party? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:47 pm

detuned wrote:
You guys notice that "the numbers" were the table numbers at the dinner party? Very Happy

Nope, you got good eyes son.

Some random "LOST" Funnies:

"LOST" Recapped By Cats in One Minute

Jimmy Kimmel's "This Week In Unnecessary Censorship: LOST Edition"

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:11 pm

I just finished the show last night! holy sh!t..im not a huge fan of TV or movies but Lost was incredible!

The only problems I had with the show was the finale not returning all the major characters in the church...Ana lucia, Eko, etc. Sh!t, Michael should have definately been there, he redeemed himself on the boat.

The only other thing was the mass amount of child birthing in that show...goddammnnn. I cant stand birth scenes, man. It makes my dick hurt for some reason.
Back to top Go down

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Stender wrote:
I just finished the show last night! holy sh!t..im not a huge fan of TV or movies but Lost was incredible!

LOST blew away all my conceptions of what a television show could be. I don't think we'll ever see anything else like it.

I've watched the entire series twice, it's actually even more enjoyable the second time through. Knowing the answers lets you focus on all the little details you miss the first time around.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:56 pm

I have them all on DVD. I've watched the entire series at least three times by now. The first few seasons up to six times. But it's been almost a year since I last did.... hmm...

What a great show.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Yeah, "Lost" did for me what other T.V shows simply weren't able to do, and that was stay relevant thorughout the whole time. Thank God thepowersthatbe knew that good shows for the most part can't go beyond a certain number of seasons. I think once shows go beyond 5 seasons, they are in danger of repeating storylines. I still think that "24" during it's first three seasons was untouchable, but the over the top season 4, the terribleness that was season 6 and the very average season 8 closed out a show which had so MUCH more potential.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOST - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOST   LOST - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOST
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3