Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough

Go down 
+2
arttieTHE1manparty
Shiney
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Empty
PostSubject: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:03 pm

Are there any other fans on the board of Seduce? I love their 1988 IRS release, Too Much Aint Enough. It is one of my very favorite albums.

Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Frontdg7

It was an overlooked gem in an oversaturated market for metal in the late 80's. The band was in The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 The Metal Years. The movie featured their song, Crash Landing.

Anyone with thoughts on Seduce?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:12 pm

Huh...I can't recall ever hearing about them, but they're on my lala want list. Shiney must have told me about them. I've never heard them, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Here is some legal (?) files of the band.

http://www.motorcityrock.com/bands/seduce/seduce_audio.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:17 pm

I've never heard of em. Strange too, cause I was pretty into the metal underground back in the late 80s. What do they sound like?

Like you said though, during that particular time there were so many bands - it was virtually impossible to keep track of them all. It's becoming more and more like that nowadays too.

During the 90s, you could count the good metal bands on your ten fingers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:19 pm

Whoops, I must've posted same time as you! Didn't see you posted some samps! Thanks, I'll try to download them.

🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:20 pm

They are hard for me to put into words and do them justice. Maybe a rougher version of......wow. I am listening to them now and just can't think of a comparison. Hmmm...I'll have to think harder on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:21 pm

Originality is always good!!!

Cool
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:34 pm

SEDUCE is excellent metal....they were lumped in with the gla scene....but the are really along the lines of maybe ODIN or early RATT or maybe even DOKKEN..sleaze tinged metal....

this cd is awsome....as was their track "Colleen" of the DECLINE 2 soundtrack.....

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 8:35 pm

I never seen those "Decline" movies. Perhaps that's why I missed them.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 9:28 pm

Yup, I have that album. Pretty good stuff, I agree.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 10:48 pm

I remember them from "Decline II" and liking the song they played in the film, but I never sought out any of their material.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:04 am

spectrefate wrote:
Are there any other fans on the board of Seduce? I love their 1988 IRS release, Too Much Aint Enough. It is one of my very favorite albums.

Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Frontdg7

It was an overlooked gem in an oversaturated market for metal in the late 80's. The band was in The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2 The Metal Years. The movie featured their song, Crash Landing.

Anyone with thoughts on Seduce?

Killer Band! Saw em live back in the late 80's up in MI-(was under 21 at the time,but got in anyway).Unique three piece that could've easily blown many more well known acts off the frickin stage.If you don't have it already go get their s/t release--its just as good as "Too Much"-albeit a little more agressive and a bit heavier.

IronAge-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 12:12 am

I want the S/T release. I just dont want to pay 40.00 dollars for it. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 3:06 am

Wow! These samples sound great. The singer is reminding me of an early raw version of Vince Neil.

And that's a pretty cool website, by the way.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 5:48 am

spectrefate wrote:
I want the S/T release. I just dont want to pay 40.00 dollars for it. Smile

I have TOO MUCH AINT ENOUGH and their debut from 1985 on vinyls. I dont remember them very well, thats why after ASKA y will play them. Thanks for remembering this band to me 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 7:32 am

Shiney wrote:
SEDUCE is excellent metal....they were lumped in with the gla scene....but the are really along the lines of maybe ODIN or early RATT or maybe even DOKKEN..sleaze tinged metal....

this cd is awsome....as was their track "Colleen" of the DECLINE 2 soundtrack.....

COLLEEN is the song on the soundtrack but in tha movie you can here the song CRASH LANDING. Together with EMPTY ARMS my two fave of their second album.
I just listen to their first album from 1985 and my fave songs are STREETS, FACE TO FACE, CHOPPING BLOCK, HEADBANGERS and THE MIRROR.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 11:09 am

I have this one. I remember finding it in a used bin for like a dollar or 2. The only reason I recognized it was from their part in "Decline...". And yes, it is a forgotten gem. Sotra sleazy metal, but not too over-the-top like some of their more glammy cohorts.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 12:02 am

I've had this on cassette for years and recently found a used copy on cd. I had to get this if I had found nothing else that day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough   Lost 80's Gem  - Too Much Ain't Enough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost 80's Gem - Too Much Ain't Enough
Page 1 of 1