Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paradise Lost

Go down 
+13
Gilbert
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
holydiver97595
7thSaviour
Schbopo
DallasBlack
Orion Crystal Ice
manny
mc666
nevermore
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 3:31 am

Anyone into this UK band?

I really like them and even got to see them live once.

Also, does anyone have their new album? If so - how is it?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 am

Not really my cup of tea. The whole English "death/doom" movement bores me to tears I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I really dig 'em. The new album is really good. I think you'll like it. When did you get to see them? I've wanted to but have never had the chance.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:50 pm

nevermore wrote:
I really dig 'em. The new album is really good. I think you'll like it. When did you get to see them? I've wanted to but have never had the chance.

I saw them two years ago. They opened for Nightwish.

I'll have to pick up their new album soon.

Do you like all the eras of the band, or just their early stuff?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 8:55 pm

i really love the first 3. after that, it's more miss than hit.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
i really love the first 3. after that, it's more miss than hit.

I like their early stuff too, but I tend to prefer their newer stuff. It's more gothic metal rather than gothic/doom.

For me it's just more memorable I guess.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:12 pm

I have enjoyed everything up to Draconian Times. I even liked One Second. After that not so impressed. But their last 2 albums have been really good.
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:45 am

LOVE this band!!! Just scored the first 6 albums from Spec!!! Paradise Lost 11840
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 10:58 am

I have been meaning to check this band out, any albums you could recommend to a newbie to Paradise Lost?
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:30 am

manny wrote:
I have been meaning to check this band out, any albums you could recommend to a newbie to Paradise Lost?

My first exposure to them was Draconian Times...it's still my favorite. Try that one and Icon...
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 11:37 am

My favorites are 'Draconian Times' and 'Gothic'....the more electronically influenced stuff later, I didn't think was too good, but not because of disliking that influence..just didn't think it was done well. 'Diving into Darkness' by Darkseed is perfection in terms of that sound, IMO. I haven't picked up 'Faith Divides Us..' yet but I'm thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm

The self-titled Paradise Lost album is very very good! That would be my favorite. It's one of their newer ones.
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 10:57 am

I quite like them Smile I don't have any of their albums yet but I plan to get Darconian Times or Gothic pretty soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Gothic is one of the best death/doom albums ever and Draconian Times is one of my favoirite albums of the 90s. The one after DT was too bland for my taste. I understand the last one was closer to DT and I will pick it up if I can find it at a good price.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 9:08 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Gothic is one of the best death/doom albums ever and Draconian Times is one of my favoirite albums of the 90s. The one after DT was too bland for my taste. I understand the last one was closer to DT and I will pick it up if I can find it at a good price.

Their last 3, Paradise Lost, In Requiem and Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us are all much heavier and darker (more like Draconain Times) than anything they did after 1995...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:28 pm

I agree with Shawn. Most people don't realize that starting with "Paradise Lost", they went back to their former sound. Totally heavy stuff.

I love their new stuff. Still need to pick up "Faith Divides Us" though.

Shawn, do you like all their stuff?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I agree with Shawn. Most people don't realize that starting with "Paradise Lost", they went back to their former sound.
that's a bit misleading. Icon & Draconian Times don't really sound like their earlier work either.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 7:59 pm

mc666 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
I agree with Shawn. Most people don't realize that starting with "Paradise Lost", they went back to their former sound.
that's a bit misleading. Icon & Draconian Times don't really sound like their earlier work either.

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Fair enough.

True...those 2 are more melodic than the initial recordings of the band...but they still retained heaviness whereas between One Second and Host, they dropped a lot of the heaviness...
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:

Fair enough.

True...those 2 are more melodic than the initial recordings of the band...but they still retained heaviness whereas between One Second and Host, they dropped a lot of the heaviness...

Yes.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Saw a DVD in the store the other day. Any good if anyone has it?
Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 7:45 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Saw a DVD in the store the other day. Any good if anyone has it?

It's on my short list...but I don't have it yet.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Their last 3, Paradise Lost, In Requiem and Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us are all much heavier and darker (more like Draconain Times) than anything they did after 1995...

Thanks for the head's up! Paradise Lost 11840
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 4:15 pm

My brother's really into them. I sorta dig it, but I never got around to buying any of their stuff of anything.

I do however enjoy the book upon which they're named.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 12:12 pm

I saw Paradise Lost open for Nightwish a while back. Not bad at all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paradise Lost Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paradise Lost   Paradise Lost Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paradise Lost
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next