Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I going to Hell?

Go down 
+19
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
nevermore
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
bgast1
White_Mage
scottmitchell74
Vordul
DallasBlack
T-Roy
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 pm

spectrefate wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Speaking of going to Hell, anybody read Mary Baxters (sp) A Divine Revelation of Hell?
It will scare the Hell right out of you, literally. I had trouble sleeping during the two weeks I read it.

I'd like to read it. Just to see what it moves in me.
Yeah, I read it for the same reasons. She claims to have had an out of body experience off and on for weeks, were Christ would come and take her to Hell and show her what it was like and what it is all about so she could right this book as a warning. So the book is her record of the experience. TRUE OR NOT? I guess that's debatable and for each person to figure on there own. Never the less, the book will put an image to the term "Hell" that you will not forget!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:39 pm

Lurideath wrote:
That Venom "Welcome to Hell" had given me that uneasy feeling as well. Now its just funny, but still a great album!

Yeah,its funny now when I look back on it,but at the time it seemed pretty evil.Haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:07 pm

One time I played a record backwards...

The fit hit the shan Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 543534
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:09 pm

lol! I KNEW IT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Well, seeing as I don't have a soul, i'm not concerned. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 pm

**steps away so as to avoid getting struck by lightning** lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:57 pm

Sacrifice wrote:
Well, seeing as I don't have a soul, i'm not concerned. Very Happy

grim reaper The Reaper begs to differ............................. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:57 pm

GOING TO HELL SUCKS!!

Oh, wait, wrong thread. Sorry.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:16 pm

lol! woah, you just said that OUTLOUD DUDE!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:18 pm

T-Roy wrote:
lol! woah, you just said that OUTLOUD DUDE!

Well, it *would* kinda suck, you gotta admit.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 4:26 pm

ABSOLUTELY....HOT TOO!! Wonder if allot of people retire there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:09 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Not really a feeling of going to Hell but an uneasiness.A few come to mind:
Reign In Blood-Slayer
Welcome to Hell-Venom
Killing Peace-Onslaught
I just dont care much for blasphemous stuff.Love the music though Smile

I also had an uneasy feeling when I heard "Welcome To Hell" too! Another is when I heard Black Sabbath for the first time.

I'm fine now, but that first time was bone-chilling!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:11 pm

Quote :

Yeah! The ragged clothing...and the heat, my God, the heat....
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:34 pm

The Only Time I Ever Felt Like Music Was Pure Evil Was When I Was Listening to Mayhems "Freezing Moon" at like 12:30 at night driving around downtown. I thought man this is just to intense right now

Needless to say I'm now currently covering the song with my black metal band so I can spread the evil lol!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 6:55 pm

The first time I listened to Dimmu Borgir, I got kind of an uneasy feeling. Music doesn't really evoke the kind of emotions and feelings for me that it used to when I was younger. But, I'm and old guy and the first time I heard YES--Close to the Edge, I felt like I was floating and tripping at the same time. The Moody Blues used to evoke a few strange sensations as well. Especially the album Threshold of a Dream.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:20 pm

When I was a teen I was exposed to the whole "rock music is evil" movement (Peters brothers?). My soul was tortured over the fact that I liked "Stained Class" so much (and this was even before the backward masking incedent and trial). So I sold and bought back, and sold and bought back, etc. that album about four times. I have it again now and it doesn't scare me at all.
I think the last time I got that feeling was when a Wiccan witch gave me a copy of Danzig's "How the Gods Kill".
But since adult life hit, I realize that I'm a candidate for hell on so many fronts that music is the least of my worries!
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 7:51 pm

I went through that whole rock music is evil thing too. Actually I am a lot more of a latecomer to metal than most of you all except for the real young guys. I like the classic rock that I grew up with but metal musicians demonstrate a higher skill level, I think than the classic rock that I grew up with.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for just this one comment in response to SAHB Healer, I noticed he's pretty close to my age.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:08 pm

When I listened to Mercyful Fate for the first time I had a really strange feeling like I shouldn't be listening to this at all, so I sold the album, but later realized that it is just music and I have nothing to feel weird about, so I bought it again.

I also felt weird listening to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, mainly because I listen to a lot of music when I read and I used to listen to that album a lot when I read a book about a family being haunted by poltergeists. Ah good memories. I still can't read the Amityville Horror without thinking of listening to Michael Jackson's History album and vice versa.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:24 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

Yeah! The ragged clothing...and the heat, my God, the heat....

"You stole my Jesus fish!!"
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 8:25 pm

🤘 Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 604261 Twisted Evil

"I like Christian rock, it's very positive..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I remember being a little creeped out by the intro to Mercyful Fate's "The Oath" back in the day. But that was during my "teenage pothead" phase, I'm sure I heard some things on that record while in that state of mind that weren't really there....
Same with me. I was scared listening to that song's intro. I was only 10 or 11. Then I read the lyrics and those were pretty scary too.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 9:44 pm

One thing that creeped me out was when I went to a Genitorturers show. As part of the stage show there was a mock Crucifixion scene. It felt like the club got insanely hot while this was going on. So hot that I got very nauseated. It really,really disturbed me.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:26 pm

bgast1 wrote:
I went through that whole rock music is evil thing too. Actually I am a lot more of a latecomer to metal than most of you all except for the real young guys. I like the classic rock that I grew up with but metal musicians demonstrate a higher skill level, I think than the classic rock that I grew up with.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for just this one comment in response to SAHB Healer, I noticed he's pretty close to my age.

Don't let these puppies brainwash you, Grampa! If Black Metal etc. has us old guys apologizing for our old Hard Rock, then it truly is an evil thing. I like a lot of Black Metal, but no snot nosed cookie monsters are gonna make me apologize for the skill level of vintage Hard Rockers. Gray pride! Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 19976
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 12:54 am

you gentlemen scare easily for a bunch of heavy metal tough guys.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 2:10 am

Oh yeah? Take a close look at Bill Ward in red tights (see avatar at left). Tell me if that's not one of the most frightening things You've ever seen. Gives me the creeps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I going to Hell?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next