Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Am I going to Hell?

Go down 
+19
candlemass
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
nevermore
spiritoradio
SAHB Healer
bgast1
White_Mage
scottmitchell74
Vordul
DallasBlack
T-Roy
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
Lurideath
ultmetal
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Am I going to Hell? Empty
PostSubject: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:46 pm

Here's my submission for dumbest thread of the month.

Have you ever heard a cd that has made you feel as though it is damaging your soul? Smile

I bring this up because I was listening to Akercocke's The Goat of Mendes album over lunch and I remember listening to it the first time and I felt like I was going to hell. I honestly thought that the devil was reaching out to me through my speakers. Smile No lie. It just sounded so intensely evil that first time that I didn't listen to it again for almost 9 months. Smile

Anyone ever experience anything remotely similar?

Am I going to Hell? The20Goat20Of20Mendes
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:50 pm

Hmmmm, never experienced that, but I have had certain songs give me the chills from time to time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:52 pm

hahaha That Akercocke album is awesome!

To answer your question though, yes its happened to me a few times. Not the feeling of going to hell, but an uneasy feeling. In 1983 when I heard the intro to Shout at the Devil... that was pretty haunting! I liked it so much that I went and bought the album 3 days after hearing it. Another time was when I heard Slayer for the 1st time. The song was Black Magic and was being played on the radio station out of Long Beach California called KNAC. Again, it made me feel uneasy so I went and bought every Slayer album the following weekend! I'm immune to it now.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 pm

While it wasn't me exactly, a guy I used to work with gave me Danzig's debut album (on cassette) years ago because he thought it was possessed and caused him to crash his car while he listened to it. He was fully convinced that Glenn Danzig was conjuring up the devil with his music and it was having damning effects on his soul.

I gladly accepted the tape and I'm sad to report that to this day, I have seen no such evidence of demonic possesion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:55 pm

"Uneasy" is a better way to describe my feeling. I'm so dramatic sometimes. Smile

Lurideath, you reminded me of the first time I heard Hell Awaits. That was the last time until Akercocke that I felt uneasy about an album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I gladly accepted the tape and I'm sad to report that to this day, I have seen no such evidence of demonic possesion.

They hide the demonic possession backwards masking on Veggie Tales albums these days. No one will look there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:57 pm

Quote :
In 1983 when I heard the intro to Shout at the Devil... that was pretty haunting!

YES!!! I was the same way!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 12:59 pm

Any band with the name 'Akercocke' deserves not to be listened to, regardless of the music. Very Happy

I felt a little uneasy when I bought a Marilyn Manson album once (my only MM album). That's about as "evil" as I ever got. Laughing Hey-- 'The Fight Song' and 'Disposable Teens' are awesome songs! Honest, I tell ya!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:05 pm

I remember being a little creeped out by the intro to Mercyful Fate's "The Oath" back in the day. But that was during my "teenage pothead" phase, I'm sure I heard some things on that record while in that state of mind that weren't really there....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:07 pm

Not really a feeling of going to Hell but an uneasiness.A few come to mind:
Reign In Blood-Slayer
Welcome to Hell-Venom
Killing Peace-Onslaught
I just dont care much for blasphemous stuff.Love the music though Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:16 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
In 1983 when I heard the intro to Shout at the Devil... that was pretty haunting!

YES!!! I was the same way!

Yea, that was heavy duty for a twelve year old (i.e. me) back then! Even more so when I read the liner notes and found "WARNING: This record may contain backwards messages!" I was like "WOW! This has gotta be the most evil album EVER!"

...Then of course, two years later came THEATER OF PAIN, "Home Sweet Home," the Crue guys dressing like they'd escaped from Drag Queen Night at the Blue Oyster Bar, and I realized that they'd been completely full of it. That was a tough pill to swallow. They were my first lesson in a band "selling out."
angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:20 pm

Akercocke are the guys who wear three piece suits all the time, aren't they? How could such snappy dressers truly be evil??

Last edited by on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:21 pm

Bandwidth thief!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Bandwidth thief!

Edited.

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:51 pm

i have no soul, so it doesn't effect me that way, but Akercocke freaking rule!

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 1:56 pm

I like to believe that if I was indeed condemmed for all eternity in the firey depths of hell, it wouldn't be for my music preferences. Charles Manson was a Beach Boys fan and Hitler probably enjoyed a good polka. Me listening to "Shout at the Devil" hardly puts me in the same league.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:00 pm

[quote="Fat Freddy"][quote="Shawn Of Fire"]
Quote :
Yea, that was heavy duty for a twelve year old (i.e. me) back then!
*many things making sense now*

*dots being connected*
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Hmmmm, never experienced that, but I have had certain songs give me the chills from time to time.

I'm with you on that. King Diamond has a way of giving me chills every now and then (but again, it's supposed to).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like to believe that if I was indeed condemmed for all eternity in the firey depths of hell, it wouldn't be for my music preferences. Charles Manson was a Beach Boys fan and Hitler probably enjoyed a good polka. Me listening to "Shout at the Devil" hardly puts me in the same league.

Right on!

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:04 pm

The first time I hear Vengeance Rising's "Once Dead" album with that "Lord's Prayer" intro, it gave me the chills. Such a great record!

There was a Christian thrash band called Valor that had this "opening of hell" sound effect thing on their album and it gives me a chill every time I hear it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:05 pm

PARADISE LOST - LOST PARADISE

still haunts me to this very day!!!!!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:06 pm

Speaking of going to Hell, anybody read Mary Baxters (sp) A Divine Revelation of Hell?
It will scare the Hell right out of you, literally. I had trouble sleeping during the two weeks I read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Speaking of going to Hell, anybody read Mary Baxters (sp) A Divine Revelation of Hell?
It will scare the Hell right out of you, literally. I had trouble sleeping during the two weeks I read it.

I'd like to read it. Just to see what it moves in me.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:15 pm

I have had the "uneasy" feeling before....

At a School Dance in 5th Grade the DJ played "Heaven's On Fire" and I felt really dirty/evil about that. (Hey, I was what, 11??)

Then when I was 15 or so I got Bride - Silence Is Madness for Christmas. It was my first true heavy metal album and although I knew this was a Christian band my first listen was under headphones and somehow it just sounded evil. Stupid, I know, and I got over it quickly....but those are my anticdotes.

I do avoid blatant Satanic bands such as Akercocke. I don't care how good they are I don't need that in my head...but that's as much my weakness...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:24 pm

That Venom "Welcome to Hell" had given me that uneasy feeling as well. Now its just funny, but still a great album!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I going to Hell?   Am I going to Hell? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I going to Hell?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next