Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Testament or New Testament

Go down 
+27
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
7thSaviour
juanmiguel
EvyMetal
arttieTHE1manparty
Todd Jaymz
Lurideath
DeathCult
MoonChild
nevermore
7thSecond
mr.electric39
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Rex
Temple of Blood
Invader
kmorg
GrandNational
SAHB Healer
mc666
DallasBlack
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Old
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_lcap63%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 63% [ 27 ]
New
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Can't choose
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 12 ]
I don't like Testament
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:22 pm

detuned wrote:
I loved The Legacy, The New Order was a major letdown after that one. Practice What You Preach was better. Souls Of Black...I don't remember a thing about that record other than the title track. I did like The Ritual when it first came out, liked the catchiness of some of the songs like Electric Crown.

My main problem with their material post-The Legacy was too many songs sounded alike. It started to feel like each album had about 3 great songs on it and the rest was filler. That was the main reason I stopped following them.

I liked The Gathering infinitely more than Formation Of Damnation...that album sounds good while it's playing...but as soon as it's over I don't remember a thing about it.

Back then I was more interested in riffs and solos than actual songs, so that maybe why I like Testament's earlier work with Skolnick and may also explain my love for Yngwie also. When I used to listen to thoses first two Testament albums I was really only listening to the solos and riffs than I was listening to songs if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 am

I voted 'old'.

I really like the first five, including the Ritual. Technical haunting thrash metal. Real good stuff. I don't know which one would be my favourite album, maybe Practise What You Preach. I never really got into the post-Skolnick Testament, maybe because Skolnick always had a good sense of melody and there was also a lot of intricate playing. I guess I found the later stuff a bit too dumbed down for me. Not to mention they started sounding too much like a lot of other bands. Just got lost in the shuffle.

I love Formation of Damnation though. It has good parts of old and new Testament. And a killer production to boot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 10:11 am

One of these days I'll go back and revisit those early Testament albums, I'm going solely from memory as I haven't owned any of them since the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3