Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Testament or New Testament

Go down 
+27
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
7thSaviour
juanmiguel
EvyMetal
arttieTHE1manparty
Todd Jaymz
Lurideath
DeathCult
MoonChild
nevermore
7thSecond
mr.electric39
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Rex
Temple of Blood
Invader
kmorg
GrandNational
SAHB Healer
mc666
DallasBlack
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Old
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_lcap63%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 63% [ 27 ]
New
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Can't choose
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 28% [ 12 ]
I don't like Testament
Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:49 am

Required Fields wrote:
I voted old.
SEE!!!? I knew deep down inside you were a man of faith!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:09 pm

I voted old. Everything after the Ritual lost me. The Ritual was my favorite. I played that album non stop along with Souls of Black. Then they totally changed with Low and that really disappointed me. The Gathering was pretty good though because they sort of had a mix of the older style along with the newer style.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:18 pm

kmorg wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
My favorite book is Ephesians. So like kmorg, I choose New Testament.

lol! Glad at least someone got the joke!

On topic: I love all of Testaments albums, so I can't choose.

I got the joke too.... Very Happy

'First Strike is Deadly' for me.... Saw 'em right before 'The Legacy' came out and right after 'The New Order'.... powerful live !

I like Chuck Billy's version of Maiden's 'Fear of Dark' from the Numbers of the Beast tribute disc....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:58 pm

I went with "can't choose" because I like it all. I will admit however that I love all of Testaments ballads the most. They just do them so well. Return To Serenity, The Ballad, The Legacy and Trail Of Tears... just really good stuff there.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:12 pm

I can't choose. I really like most of their stuff.

George, I went to 2 of the 3 shows you listed. The one I missed was Testament/Savatage/Nuclear Assault at the old Palomino club. And that was because I never knew about that show (until I read your post) or I would have went! But the first time I got to see Testament was with Wrathchild America and Annihilator at the 4808 Club.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:31 pm

Old Testament albums,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Both. Cool
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:09 pm

I can't choose really, but I will say The Legacy and The New Order are my favorites.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:09 pm

OLD! I like every album except "Demonic" but the older albums have more meaning to an old thrasher like myself.
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:32 pm

I've enjoyed all of the albums released by Testament old and new. Btw Formation Of Damnation is out April 29th on Nuclearblast. Also Prosthetic Records are to re-issue Demonic, The Gathering and First Strike Deadly(new art work).

Players:
Chuck
Alex
Eric
Greg Christain
Paul Bostaph

TJ cool
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:39 pm

Lurideath wrote:
OLD! I like every album except "Demonic" but the older albums have more meaning to an old thrasher like myself.

Exactly!!!
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Can't choose. Testament is one of my Top 10 favorite bands of all time, period. I like everything they have put out, including the new stuff. My favorite album is Practice What You Preach, but I also love Low, Demonic, and The Gathering. Really dig the re-recording on First Strike Still Deadly...

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:58 pm

I love the older stuff, so I chose the old stuff. I have The Gathering and Low, but I haven't really gotten to into these albums. I do like a few songs here and there though. I don't have Demonic. My favourite album would have to be Souls Of Black. It's just so stinkin' good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 2:08 am

nevermore wrote:
I can't choose. I really like most of their stuff.

George, I went to 2 of the 3 shows you listed. The one I missed was Testament/Savatage/Nuclear Assault at the old Palomino club. And that was because I never knew about that show (until I read your post) or I would have went! But the first time I got to see Testament was with Wrathchild America and Annihilator at the 4808 Club.

Cool Dennis...Yeah, I didn't find out until just days before the Palomino show myself.

The 4808 Club had some great shows. I'll bet that TESTAMENT/WRATHCHILD AMERICA/ANNIHILATOR show must have ruled, no? I loved the set-up of the 4808 inside...great view of the stage, nice open area, loud PA system, etc. I rode along with Raleigh's AFTERMATH for a show they did there in the summer of '90 when NUCLEAR ASSAULT came back through. You may have been there yourself...

NUCLEAR ASSAULT/HARTER ATTACK/AFTERMATH
Sunday, July 22, 1990
4808 Club
Charlotte, NC

AFTERMATH actually did 3 shows in 4 days with NUCLEAR ASSAULT (Raleigh, Charlotte, Atlanta). The next day on July 23, we left Charlotte and headed to Atlanta, GA for the final show. There was a local band from Georgia called NIHILIST (not to be confused with pre-ENTOMBED) that also opened the show along with AFTERMATH. It's interesting that NIHILIST actually appeared on Metal Massacre X that same year (1990) with another NC band, CONFESSOR. Small world, isn't it? CONFESSOR and AFTERMATH were local bands that were born from the same Raleigh scene of the late 80's.

Hey, did you by chance see DEATH/CARCASS in August of 1990 at the 4808 Club? I believe I heard once that EXODUS/BODY COUNT played there in '92, no? I wish I would have made that one.

Sorry to get off topic folks...please don't make me "pay the price of Malachi." 🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 10:08 pm

George, the Testament/Wrathchild America/Annihilator show ruled!! Unfortunately, I never got to see Nuclear Assault live. I don't remember a Death/Carcass show happening in Charlotte. Death and Nevermore did play Jeremiah's together. And Carcass played Jeremiah's with Life Of Agony and Monster Voodoo Machine. I kick myself in the hind end regularly for missing those shows.

Exodus opened for Body Count along with D.R.I. at Rocky's. I got to see that show. One insane crowd that night!!
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 am

I like the Old testament cos there are lots of stories of kings and empires and wars. . . epic stuff.

as for TestAmenT the gathering is my all time favorite metal album. . . it was love at first listen \m/
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Although I LOVE The Formation Of Damnation(AS MY AVATAR CAN WELL ATTEST), I actually love the first 4 Testament discs best of all! Hail! 10/10 overall band rating! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 4:56 am

I love them all, but I'll go with old since The Legacy is one of my all time favorite records ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 605

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:51 am

I love both eras of Testament, but I have a special spot for Souls of Black and The Ritual, both of which were kickass albums.
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Just like most other metal i prefer the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:42 am

Who can choose?
You've got great albums like The New Order and Practice What You Preach as well as The Ritual early on and awesome stuff like Low, The Gathering, and The Formation of Damnation later on.
Their overall discography while containing a few mediocre moments is still more solid than many bands more well known than they are.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 11:52 am

Seeing how much I enjoy Formation..., I might have to go back and check out Low, Demonic and The Gathering. I initially dismissed those album because of the change in Chuck Billy's vocal performance. But Formation has the harsher vocals and they don't bother me at all, in fact, I kinda dig 'em. I still prefer the cleaner vocals, but the harsher stuff ain't bad.

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I really like The Gathering...Dave Lombardo on drums is one of the main reasons.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Testament's earlier albums are hard to beat in their discography, you had the one to two punch of 'The Legacy' and 'New Order' which to me where some of the best thrash metal albums of their era.

Alex Skolnick and the under rated Eric Peterson wrote and performed some monster riffs, so my vote went to early Testament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 12:18 pm

I loved The Legacy, The New Order was a major letdown after that one. Practice What You Preach was better. Souls Of Black...I don't remember a thing about that record other than the title track. I did like The Ritual when it first came out, liked the catchiness of some of the songs like Electric Crown.

My main problem with their material post-The Legacy was too many songs sounded alike. It started to feel like each album had about 3 great songs on it and the rest was filler. That was the main reason I stopped following them.

I liked The Gathering infinitely more than Formation Of Damnation...that album sounds good while it's playing...but as soon as it's over I don't remember a thing about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next