Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old Testament or New Testament

Go down 
+27
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
7thSaviour
juanmiguel
EvyMetal
arttieTHE1manparty
Todd Jaymz
Lurideath
DeathCult
MoonChild
nevermore
7thSecond
mr.electric39
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
Rex
Temple of Blood
Invader
kmorg
GrandNational
SAHB Healer
mc666
DallasBlack
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Old
Old Testament or New Testament Vote_lcap63%Old Testament or New Testament Vote_rcap
 63% [ 27 ]
New
Old Testament or New Testament Vote_lcap9%Old Testament or New Testament Vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Can't choose
Old Testament or New Testament Vote_lcap28%Old Testament or New Testament Vote_rcap
 28% [ 12 ]
I don't like Testament
Old Testament or New Testament Vote_lcap0%Old Testament or New Testament Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 43

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Old Testament or New Testament Empty
PostSubject: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 am

Every metal head (if they truely are one) knows Testament. One of the oldest thrash bands that is still playing thrash. From the first album The Legacy up through Souls Of Black they produced some of the best thrash of that time. They slowed things down with The Ritual which was more of a power metal album. That album divided their fans but it was a turning point. They then came out with Low which was heavier than anything they had done before. Chuck Billy threw in some death growls. The following albums (Demonic and The Gathering) were even more brutal and though there was still a trace of the old Testament they were almost a different band.

Which do you prefer? The more melodic Testament of yesterday or the brutal Testament of today?

I will have to go with Old Testament mainly because I am more of a fan of melodic stuff than brutally heavy stuff. Also at the time of Demonic and The Gathering I was burned out on music like that so I never really got into the new sound of Testament. I am getting to the point where I could go for some of Testaments later albums but I still prefer when Chuck sang instead of growled.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:42 am

I picked Can't Choose. Outside of Demonic, I love every album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:05 am

i love all of them... however i think they really found themselves on Low, Demonic, & The Gathering.

outstanding albums.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:23 am

"Ritual" and "Low" are by far my faves. I don't even like the old stuff at all. I traded it away in fact.

p.s.- I think it got a lot better when Paul of Tarsus and Jesus did the writing instead of Jeremiah and Ezekiel and that bunch. just kidding
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:27 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
"Ritual" and "Low" are by far my faves. I don't even like the old stuff at all. I traded it away in fact.
Good to see Ritual getting a nod. It's a bit lighter than their previous albums, but it's awesome. I love that one. And it contains my favorite solo ever, on "Return To Serenity." Simply brilliant, that one. Goose bumps every time!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 1:39 am

I love old, as I have never heard anything post-"Souls Of Black" except for a couple of songs off "Low." I had gotten burned out on TESTAMENT even with "Souls Of Black." There were so many other bands at the turn of the 90's that TESTAMENT just got lost in the shuffle around that time for me. Those first 3 albums are my favorites. They are some extremely talented guys, though, and I'm sure their later stuff is probably decent. At one time it seemed like they were touring with everybody. I saw them 3 times in less than a year with some of the coolest groups of that time period. Check out the prices on the stubs from back then...

TESTAMENT/SAVATAGE/NUCLEAR ASSAULT
Thursday, April 12, 1990
The Palomino Club
Charlotte, NC
Ticket $14.50

MEGADETH/TESTAMENT/CORROSION OF CONFORMITY (C.O.C. dropped)
Wednesday, December 12, 1990
Grady Cole Center
Charlotte, NC
Ticket $15.00

SLAYER/TESTAMENT
Tuesday, February 26, 1991
Grady Cole Center
Charlotte, NC
Ticket $14.50

Perhaps that's why I got burned out on 'em...they toured with everybody...lol
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Good to see Ritual getting a nod. It's a bit lighter than their previous albums, but it's awesome. I love that one. And it contains my favorite solo ever, on "Return To Serenity." Simply brilliant, that one. Goose bumps every time!

Once again I find myself agreeing with you 100%.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:33 am

mc666 wrote:
i love all of them... however i think they really found themselves on Low, Demonic, & The Gathering.

outstanding albums.

Low and The Gathering kick major ass. I still can't get into Demonic. I've tried to like it, but something is just missing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 2:41 am

GrandNational wrote:
mc666 wrote:

outstanding albums.
Low and The Gathering kick major ass. I still can't get into Demonic. I've tried to like it, but something is just missing.
Yeah, it's missing what "Hatreds Rise" has. That song is classic Testament, totally out of place on that album. I do like Demonic, though; I just don't listen to it much.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 3:13 am

I like The New Testament. I love reading about Jesus...

Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 6:53 am

I can't choose. In my opinion they don't have a bad album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:12 am

Their debut was their peak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:47 am

My favorite book is Ephesians. So like kmorg, I choose New Testament.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:51 am

Old is my favorite, but I like it all.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 am

I Love everything except Demonic.However,I voted for Old Testament because The New Order and Practice what you Preach are my faves
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:49 am

The last Testament album I really liked was LOW so I guess I gotta say "old"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:58 am

I like all of it. 'The New Order' & 'Practice...' are awesome...but so are 'Low' & 'The Gathering'...it's all killer!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:03 am

spectrefate wrote:

lol! Glad at least someone got the joke!

On topic: I love all of Testaments albums, so I can't choose.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:11 am

It's all old considering their last album was released in what .... 1999?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:12 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
It's all old considering their last album was released in what .... 1999?

The man's got a good point there. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 am

I prefer the older stuff. When Chuck started adding the death growls, I lost interest. I haven't heard much of their stuff after The Ritual, (except for First Strike Still Deadly).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 am

kmorg wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

lol! Glad at least someone got the joke!

We all got the joke...it just wasn't funny. Cool
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:38 am

NEVER HEARD 'EM.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:44 am

I voted old.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 10:48 am

T-Roy wrote:
NEVER HEARD 'EM.

Go Get Some quick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Testament or New Testament   Old Testament or New Testament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next