Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED

Go down 
+6
mc666
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Smindas
Mglaffas81
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Empty
PostSubject: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:09 am

Esteban Parra of The News Journal reports that former ICED EARTH guitarist Ernie Carletti declined to show remorse this morning before being sentenced to 33
years in prison for kidnapping, raping and torturing a University of
Delaware student in 2003.

"I feel, your honor, that anything I say is not going to be able to contribute," 32-year-old Carletti told Superior Court Judge Jan R. Jurden after she gave him a final opportunity to speak. Carletti mumbled some other words, which could not be understood.

The
victim, a former University of Delaware student, testified in November
that a stranger forced her into his car at gunpoint as she waited for a
ride at the Burger King parking lot on South Chapel Street in Newark on
May 22, 2003. He handcuffed, shackled and blindfolded her as he drove
to his home in Elkton, Md., she said, then took her into his house and
raped her.

The victim testified Carletti ordered her to
call him "master," and she heard him playing with chains. He then put a
gag in her mouth, wrapped a chain around her neck and shackled limbs
and began lifting her off the table, she said.

After she nearly
passed out, the woman said, the stranger returned her to the car and
drove her back to Newark. On the way, she said, the stranger replaced
the handcuffs with duct tape, apologized to her and told her not to
tell anyone.

He then slowed the car and pushed her out, leaving her hogtied and blindfolded on West Main Street.

Carletti admitted at trial to abducting and shackling the woman, as well as taking her to his home, where he hogtied her.

But he insisted that he did not rape her, and continues to maintain his innocence on that charge.

"It was disappointing that he was not remorseful and did not, at least, apologize to the victim," prosecutor Donald R. Roberts said after the sentencing hearing.

When first interviewed by police, Carletti

said he did not kidnap the woman. He later admitted to doing so when
investigators found his fingerprints on duct tape recovered from the
abduction.

Carletti, a guitarist who played with the bands NAUGHTY NAUGHTY and ICED EARTH, was charged last year in another sexual assault that occurred when he was in high school. That case will not be prosecuted.

Even though Roberts asked the judge for a life-in-prison term, he said the state and family were pleased with the sentence.

"The defendant will be, at a minimum, 64 years old when he gets out of jail," he said.

I just read this on www.metalreviews.com - ...so sad
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:59 am

I'm sick of this, the guy didn't even do so much as rehearse with Iced Earth. Leave the band out of it.

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:59 am

He's the Jeff Fenholt of ICED EARTH! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:27 am

How long was in the band? 10 minutes? lol
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:27 am

Buh-bye, loser.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:00 am

How black metal of him. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:46 am

Ok, I am sorry, I don't know much about Iced Earth! - I just thought you would all like to know, that he has finally been sentenced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:49 am

I think people were just saying how the media shouldn't tie this turd to Iced Earth. I thought it was appropriate for you to post.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:39 pm

Funny how the mainstream totally ignors anything to do with real metal unless some sick SOB is connected to it, even so distantly connected as this guy was.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Who cares? Tell me when he's dead.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 6:53 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Funny how the mainstream totally ignors anything to do with real metal unless some sick SOB is connected to it, even so distantly connected as this guy was.
meh, any press is good press.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Is he the guy that claimed to have recorded a black sabbath album, but it turned out it was just demos with Tommi trying out a lead singer and is now
"born again" and milking his 15 minutes for a show on TBN or is he the one who claims to have been the original Nikki Sixx and has a show on TBN? Or are they one in the same?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:51 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Funny how the mainstream totally ignors anything to do with real metal unless some sick SOB is connected to it

Exactly. It's because the media degrades metal music and its fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:04 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Is he the guy that claimed to have recorded a black sabbath album, but it turned out it was just demos with Tommi trying out a lead singer and is now
"born again" and milking his 15 minutes for a show on TBN or is he the one who claims to have been the original Nikki Sixx and has a show on TBN? Or are they one in the same?

Same guy, I think.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:29 am

Yeah thats who Jeff Fenholt is. A liar and a fake. I know the guy personally.

Anyways, this guy's 30 minutes of fame is come and gone. Let him be someone else's smurfette now!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Yes, that's Jeff Fenholt...the "I was in a room with Tony Iommi once & he had a tape player rolling so now I can say I was in Black Sabbath" guy....
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:13 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

what really sucks about Fenholt is that he's been milking his 15 minutes for the last 20 YEARS !!!
angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:39 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

what really sucks about Fenholt is that he's been milking his 15 minutes for the last 20 YEARS !!!
angry

The only people he impresses are the Christian TV types who go all "ooh, aah" Shocked over his claims to have been in "Black Sabbath" (which is, as everyone knows, as evil as it gets)...

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 5:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

angry

The only people he impresses are the Christian TV types who go all "ooh, aah" Shocked over his claims to have been in "Black Sabbath" (which is, as everyone knows, as evil as it gets)...

Laughing very hard

He did the vocals on the first Joshua disc "Never Surrender"..... I went to go hear him in San Francisco at the Cow Pallace for someone's crusade 20 years ago. Paid my $10 .... $10 !!! for a cassette of his testimony.... sheesh....

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED   FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FORMER ICED EARTH GUITARIST SENTENCED
Page 1 of 1