Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth guitarist convicted

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
Wargod
nevermore
Smindas
mc666
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
GrandNational
Required Fields
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Iced Earth guitarist convicted Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 2:58 pm

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071120/NEWS/711200379/1006/NEWS

First off, I have no sympathy whatsoever for this bastard. I hope he has it as hard as possible in prison.

Second off, I am pissed off that the media went into "metal" right away in the article.

The media is extremely degrading to metal music, its fans, and its culture, and bastards like this guy only makes it worse for them.

I want the media to blame country music for things like this sometime, just to make up for all the times metal has been made scapegoat. How can I get this to happen?

The media's discrimination against metal is no different from racism.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:04 pm

I don't think the guy ever played a note on an IE album since he got convicted right after being hired.

Anyhow, it's sad what he did.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:06 pm

He only played some live gigs, as far as I know. However, he had played in other bands before them, but none as known as Iced Earth. Iced Earth are quite popular in metal circles, although not really well known outside of there (it's not like they're as known as Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:19 pm

They diden't really badmouth metal at all though, they just said "heavy metal musician"

If he was a lawyer, they'd say "Attorney" if he was a rapper they'd say "rapper", ect.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:29 pm

I've even noticed them do it to "fans" of it, no matter what they did for a living, in several articles. They will always point it out if they like metal. Yet they don't do this for other types of music. I call it selective discrimination.

Chairman_Smith, admit it. The media does degrade metal music and its fans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:42 pm

Required Fields wrote:
He only played some live gigs, as far as I know.
This dude is not an ex-member of Iced Earth. The fact that they keep mentioning this is retarded. He never played live, never played on an album, and likely hardly rehearsed any songs. It was like two months before he "joined" and was arrested.

Either way, I don't even think Iced Earth should be mentioned alongside this scumbag's name.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 pm

I don't think that they should be mentioned, either.

However, my point is that if he was a country music guitarist, they only would have mentioned "a musician" or "a guitarist", and that's that. But because he was a metal musician, they had to mention it somewhere. They only do this with metal.

Last edited by on Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:55 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I don't think that he should be mentioned, either.

However, my point is that if he was a country music guitarist, they only would have mentioned "a musician" or "a guitarist", and that's that. But because he was a metal musician, they had to mention it somewhere. They only do this with metal.
You're wrong. The only thing the media doesn't do is mention the color of a criminal if they're black and doing the crime. That's it. Mindy McCready got arrested and sent to jail recently; they mentioned that she was a country star every time. When Willie Nelson got busted for drugs, they mentioned he was country star every time, even though everyone knew that.

Maybe as a metal fan you pick up on the mention of that more than anything else?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 3:58 pm

never heard of him

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:25 pm

you shouldn't be so touchy. so they mention metal, who cares? it's not like metalheads had a good reputation to start with.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 4:37 pm

Yeah, Carletti was barely a member of Iced Earth. Probably quite bad publicity for the guy to even be associated with Iced Earth - hence why Schaffer fired the guy as soon as he was originally accused last year.

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 5:52 pm

Smindas wrote:
Yeah, Carletti was barely a member of Iced Earth. Probably quite bad publicity for the guy to even be associated with Iced Earth - hence why Schaffer fired the guy as soon as he was originally accused last year.
Exactly. Jon is likely not very happy with the negative press. He should make a statement.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 5:59 pm

After reading Carletti's story, did he think any jury would buy that? I kno anything's possible but that story just sounded too fishy.

Jon should make a statement to keep the negative publicity where it belongs on Carletti and not on Iced Earth.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Big deal so he is a musician, in fact a heavy metal musician he isn't going to be the last one to get convicted of this hideous crime it happens all the time.

Yeah in our circle the metal community gets bashed but we move on, it's old saying live and let live!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 9:36 pm

I bet from now on, any time Schaffer hires a new Iced Earth member he makes sure to do a full background check first. Even though this Carletti guy was barely a "member" of the band, it's gotta be embarrassing as hell for Jon to find his band's name connected to this waste of skin in anyway

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 2:39 am

I just think it's funny that he prefers to be called "master".
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 2:55 am

ensiferum2k wrote:
i wonder if his cell mate will want to be called that when he forces him on the bunk?

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 3:24 am

mc666 wrote:
ensiferum2k wrote:
i wonder if his cell mate will want to be called that when he forces him on the bunk?

laughing
He may have to bow down to a lot of "masters" for the rest of his sad life!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:45 am

Olafsto wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ensiferum2k wrote:

laughing
He may have to bow down to a lot of "masters" for the rest of his sad life!

Or until he gets a shive in the gut (or somewhere else Shocked ).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 4:07 pm

1000 points to Dallasblack for his hysterical BLACK ADDER signature....

and a big EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! for this whole thread....

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth guitarist convicted   Iced Earth guitarist convicted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth guitarist convicted
Page 1 of 1