Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The forgotten Iron Maiden album

Go down 
+26
jstate
journeyman
Skysplitter
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
A Handful of Wayne
stepcousin
Required Fields
DallasBlack
thejokeriv
DeathCult
nevermore
EvyMetal
Lurideath
iamrockerfun
mr.electric39
Invader
mc666
MoonChild
caniplaywithmadness?
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
ghost
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 pm

This is Iron Maiden's worst album with Bruce Dickinson. Not their worst overall, but FAR from even good. I like 1 song on this and this is "Mother Russia", the rest is just ... well not good!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Not my fave, but the cover art rules.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:20 pm

I like this one...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:24 pm

It's a decent album but nowhere near their best work.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:37 pm

can't wait, when they road tour with 7thSot7thS and NPFTD ... killer tour !
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:53 pm

I liked this one, it's not my favorite, and there are a few songs I don't really like. I saw them on the tour for this though, good show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:55 pm

One of my least played Maiden CD's, but that siad, it gets more play than the Blaze years
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:03 pm

I've made no secret that Iron Maiden has never totally lost me not even with, IMO, their worst Virtual XI. I think this album is very underrated and I like every song on it. The Assasin is not a great song but it is decent IMO. My favortie would have to be Fates Warning followed by Public Enema Number One. I doubt there is anything Maiden can do that will loose me. Since I became a Maiden fan they've been my favorite and no band has ever surpased them.

Up The Irons!!!!!!! 🤘 headbanger 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
i really like it. the only song on there i'm not keen on is 'the assassin.' i suppose its the more light hearted/cheesy side of the band. bring your daughter, hooks in you, holy smoke and stuff

"Hooks In You" is one of the worst Iron Maiden songs ever.

Actually, if you ask me, it's THE worst.

There are a couple of good songs on the album; I don't hate it, but it's definitely for die-hard fans only.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:54 pm

This album is just as entertaining as the highly overrated Number of the Best IMO.
You go ahead and keep listening to Run To The Hills. I'll take Fates Warning or Tailgunner anyday over that turd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:20 am

When I first got No Prayer For The Dying, I was puzzled a bit at some of the Glam-sounding titles..."Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter?" I could see any number of LA sleaze bands using a title like that...lol But when I began listening to the album, I actually liked it quite a lot. Of course it's not on the same level as their earlier material, but it's still a very strong album on its own. I also liked Fear Of The Dark a lot, too. That would be the last MAIDEN that I really liked. I saw them on the "NPFTD" tour...

IRON MAIDEN/ANTHRAX
Friday, February 1, 1991
The Patriot Center @ George Mason University
Fairfax, Virginia

Not only was the Patriot Center a great venue, but we had an awesome view from our seats. A couple of buddies and I drove some 3 hours or so from central NC to attend. I remember some guy down front had thrown his band's demo tape up on stage and Bruce picked it up and read it, like, "DAMNATION??" It was kind of funny, but hey, how cool for DAMNATION, right? Wonder if that band ever made it?

I'll never forget what a surprise it was when we got back to the hotel room, and by pure chance, happened to catch MEGADETH performing "Hangar 18" on the old Arsenio Hall show. This was before any heavy bands were really allowed on late night. Arsenio was always cutting edge, and I thought it was really cool that he would have a band like MEGADETH on. He also had them back the following year in the summer of '92, and they performed "Symphony Of Destruction." Following their '92 performance, Arsenio brought Dave Mustaine out for an interview where he discussed things like Dave's new son (at the time), Justis, and his participation in the "Rock The Vote" campaign.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 6:46 am

my least fave of the first decade.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 10:07 am

mc666 wrote:
i didn't realize this was a forgotten album. the only ones i'd like to forget are the Blaze albums.

No way I think X Factor was actually pretty cool. I probably like the X Factor more than No Prayer For The Dying. Virtual XI wasnt as good but it wasnt bad. When They do songs from these albums live theyr awesome.

As for No Prayer For The Dying being a forgotten album I dont think thats true. It would be forgotten if they never played songs from it live. The one album that I think is forgotten (and its really not technically an album) is Soundhouse tapes. Most of those songs are played slightly different from the first album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:01 am

My 5th favorite Maiden album. I agree that it's cheesy at parts, but it's still good fun.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:40 am

I love the song Mother Russia.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:26 am

mc666 wrote:
i didn't realize this was a forgotten album. the only ones i'd like to forget are the Blaze albums.

Same here!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:15 am

[quote="Phoenix Reign Drummer"]
mc666 wrote:

No way I think X Factor was actually pretty cool. I probably like the X Factor more than No Prayer For The Dying. Virtual XI wasnt as good but it wasnt bad. When They do songs from these albums live theyr awesome.

True - with Bruce singing and the three-guitar attack. The problems I have with X and XI are (in order) 1) Blaze (wrong singer for Maiden) 2) Album Production (very weak) 3) Songwriting - the songwriting was weak for Maiden. Granted, the albums have some good song (thank God Bruce did them Justice!)

NPFTD was an OK album, but not up to the standard of the 8 classics (including LAD as to me, it is a proper release to me!). The biggest problem for me was the production on NPFTD - I know they went for the 70's production sound (even using mobile recording equipment from the 70's), but I didn't like the overall sounds of the album.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:09 pm

People like to put down both No Prayer for the dieing and Fear of the Dark, but IMO those are two great cd's. Sure, They aren't the best thing Maiden has done, but there both great CD's.

The worst thing the Maiden has ever done IMO are the two Blaze discs, for two reasons. One reason is because Blaze isn't that good of a vocalist, and the other is that all the songs are just really boring. It's impossible for me to get into them.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:11 pm

Skysplitter wrote:
People like to put down both No Prayer for the dieing and Fear of the Dark, but IMO those are two great cd's. Sure, They aren't the best thing Maiden has done, but there both great CD's.

The worst thing the Maiden has ever done IMO are the two Blaze discs, for two reasons. One reason is because Blaze isn't that good of a vocalist, and the other is that all the songs are just really boring. It's impossible for me to get into them.

Fear Of The Dark is one of my favorite Maiden albums (I even like the oft hated Wasted Love) being that it was my first intro to Maiden. X-Factor, I agree Blaze was the wrong vocalist for Maiden but a. the production is never a factor with me and b. I was so happy to hear Maiden after so long I really didn't care as the music still thrilled me (granted not as much as the old stuff). My main problem with Virtual XI was the choruses which were repeated to the point of annoyancy (I had the same problem with The Wicker Man but they didn't repeat it as much as the stuff on Virtual XI). It will probably be a cold day in Hell when Maiden makes music that turns me off.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 9:59 pm

No Prayer for the Dying wasn't their most popular but not a forgotten album, remember the time frame of it's release. I really like the album, but yet again I really like all Maiden. I've been a huge fan ever since the Priest/Maiden tour. I like the Blaze era dispite what is said about his abilities and the bands song writing. Everyone has that band they like no matter what, and Maiden is that band for me. Maybe it's nostalgia or something. Maiden is the soundtrack of my youth.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:18 pm

journeyman wrote:
No Prayer for the Dying wasn't their most popular but not a forgotten album, remember the time frame of it's release. I really like the album, but yet again I really like all Maiden. I've been a huge fan ever since the Priest/Maiden tour. I like the Blaze era dispite what is said about his abilities and the bands song writing. Everyone has that band they like no matter what, and Maiden is that band for me. Maybe it's nostalgia or something. Maiden is the soundtrack of my youth.

I'm right up there with you buddy. Up the Irons!!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 10:32 pm

This album is way better than any of the Blaze releases. I like it quite a bit (never could understand the negativity towards it).
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm

I was so excited for No Prayer when it came out. I think for all the anticipation I had for it there was no way I wasn't going to at least find something to love about it. Today it is more of a nostalgia record for me - and probably the Maiden record that gets the least plays.

I've pretty much pretended the Blaze releases don't exist. Though if I found them really cheap I might be tempted just to finally hear them.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:19 am

jstate wrote:
I was so excited for No Prayer when it came out. I think for all the anticipation I had for it there was no way I wasn't going to at least find something to love about it. Today it is more of a nostalgia record for me - and probably the Maiden record that gets the least plays.

I've pretty much pretended the Blaze releases don't exist. Though if I found them really cheap I might be tempted just to finally hear them.

i gotta admit i want to pick up the blaze albums to fills the gaps in the collection but the one track i have heard "virus" sucked

i remember we listened to it on The best of the beast at download before maiden played and my dad asked if they were going to play it live and i was like "NO"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:15 pm

TheGooch wrote:
jstate wrote:

i gotta admit i want to pick up the blaze albums to fills the gaps in the collection but the one track i have heard "virus" sucked

i remember we listened to it on The best of the beast at download before maiden played and my dad asked if they were going to play it live and i was like "NO"

The Blaze albums are worth a listen if you can find'em cheap. I prefer VIRTUAL XI over the X FACTOR though. I used to HATE the Blaze era with a passion but I guess time has cooled my hatred to a mild disdain (knowing that Bruce is back in the driver's seat probably helps me listen to the Blaze stuff with a less critical ear nowadays).

Blaze is a pretty decent singer but he was just NOT a Maiden singer, if that makes any sense. I felt his best performance with Maiden was the live version of "Afraid to Shoot Strangers" that appears on the VISIONS OF THE BEAST DVD.
"Virus" does suck. But that's an exclusive track on the "Best of the Beast" compilation, it's not from X FACTOR or VIRTUAL.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The forgotten Iron Maiden album   The forgotten Iron Maiden album - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The forgotten Iron Maiden album
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next