Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misfits!

Go down 
+9
A Handful of Wayne
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
TrogDawn
White_Mage
Fat Freddy
DeathCult
MetalRob331
mc666
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:22 pm

I recently saw the Misfits in CONCERT! in my small crap home town a place id never tought they'd go and it was amazing and it really revied my love for the misfits!
any other fiends?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:28 pm

what you saw was not the Misfits. the Misfits had Glen Danzig.

the Misfits are from my hometown & i'll always love them. however, they broke up in 1983.

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:33 pm

true true mc666, a lot of people hack on jerry only but thats cuz he is being compared to glen danzig and micheal graves who are both phenomianly singers and jerry is good! but not as good as them but but still the "Sh*t-Fits" were damn good
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Misfits are the best punk band ever!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:29 pm

mc666 wrote:

the Misfits are from my hometown & i'll always love them. however, they broke up in 1983.

Couldn't agree more. SAMHAIN was awesome too IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:53 pm

I love the Misfits... the Michale Graves stuff doesn't get much love but I thought both albums he did with them are great...

However, the PROJECT 1950 disc with Jerry singing was god-awful. As soon as I heard that I thought to myself "Oooookay, it might be time for Jerry to hang it up."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 8:58 pm

There Been Some Rumours That Micheal Graves Will Rejoin The Misfits

Wouldn't That Be Awesome
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:38 pm

White_Mage wrote:
There Been Some Rumours That Micheal Graves Will Rejoin The Misfits

Wouldn't That Be Awesome

That would be pretty cool... cuz Jerry is clearly out of gas, and besides, what little I've heard of Michales' solo material hasn't been terribly impressive either. I think they need each other!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:34 pm

Yeah Half Of Micheal Graves Solo Perfomances Is Just Him Singing Misfits Songs
Jerry and Co. Still Play Graves Era Stuff Live And Since Danzig Has Pretty Much Sworn Off Ever Rejoining Its The Best Move They Could Do Carrer Wise
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Misfits! 806383608Misfits%20poster1
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:53 pm

The Misfits rule! I've got their Walk Among Us, havent given it a spin in a while, I will right after Reign in Blood if finished playing.

Glens WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA'S are awesome!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:17 am

Quote :
However, the PROJECT 1950 disc with Jerry singing was god-awful. As soon as I heard that I thought to myself "Oooookay, it might be time for Jerry to hang it up."

Was it that bad? I was thinking of getting that one. I like the idea of the Misfits covering "oldies".

Not a huge punk fan, but I do like the Misfits (Danzig-era). Something about them just clicked for me. I've never heard any of the post-Danzig Misfits. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:22 am

American Psycho was a solid album.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:23 am

mc666 wrote:

Yeah, but the Misfits that are touring now are the closest thing that we will ever get to seeing the Fits. I saw them twice a few years ago and I thought they were awesome. Marky Ramone and Dez Cadena were both playing in the band at the time so I got to hear Misfits, Ramones and Black Flag tunes, which was awesome IMO. I think that Jerry does a pretty admirable job at singing, there are a lot of worse singers out there, at least he still has the attitude. IMO
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:25 am

spectrefate wrote:
American Psycho was a solid album.

I agree completely. I also enjoyed Project 1950, I thought it was a fun covers album. There are not a whole lot of albums that cover '50s era songs, so it was interesting, but cool.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:37 am

spiritoradio wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Yeah, but the Misfits that are touring now are the closest thing that we will ever get to seeing the Fits. I saw them twice a few years ago and I thought they were awesome. Marky Ramone and Dez Cadena were both playing in the band at the time so I got to hear Misfits, Ramones and Black Flag tunes, which was awesome IMO. I think that Jerry does a pretty admirable job at singing, there are a lot of worse singers out there, at least he still has the attitude. IMO
i'm not putting down anything they've done, i just don't think they should be calling themselves the Misfits. if Shermann & Denner got back together without the King, should they still call themselves Mercyful Fate? i wouldn't think so. Danzig was the creator, main song writer, & driving force behind the original Misfits. without him, it's not the same. no matter how good it may be.

just my opinion of course. i don't expect anyone to agree with me. it's just the Misfits are very special to me. Smile

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:41 am

mc666 wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
mc666 wrote:

i'm not putting down anything they've done, i just don't think they should be calling themselves the Misfits. if Shermann & Denner got back together without the King, should they still call themselves Mercyful Fate? i wouldn't think so. Danzig was the creator, main song writer, & driving force behind the original Misfits. without him, it's not the same. no matter how good it may be.

just my opinion of course. i don't expect anyone to agree with me. it's just the Misfits are very special to me. Smile

I agree 100% actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I totally see your point. although when Danzig left He & Jerry Only decied that Jerry & Co. could still legaly perform under the name "The Misfits" which makes more sense carrer-wise for them to use the old name instead of trying to recreate themsleves and get attenion without coming off as some desperate clone.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:02 pm

mc666 wrote:
spiritoradio wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I totally see what you are saying and I agree that they could have/should have changed their name when they reunited without Danzig, because Danzig was the originator. The reunited Black Sabbath went with Heaven and Hell and Shermann and Denner went with Force of Evil. If they would have called themselves Famous Monsters or something like that when they reunited then they probably wouldn't have/been getting as much guff as they get/got.

I agree with you though, because I really enjoy the Misfits as well, I'm not from Jersey like you, so there not my local hero type, but they are/were a huge influence on my life Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:15 pm

I love the Misfits from Danzig to Jerry, maybe the shouldnt use the name the misfits but i mean thats a sweet name! i wouldnt want to give it up lol but regradless its the best thing we have now! for those of us who werent alive in the Danzig era its great that we cans still see "The Misfits" ..or whats left of them 30 years later and they still play great! and have all the fight and bite they did back then (well from what ive seen)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Was it that bad? I was thinking of getting that one. I like the idea of the Misfits covering "oldies".

Not a huge punk fan, but I do like the Misfits (Danzig-era). Something about them just clicked for me. I've never heard any of the post-Danzig Misfits. Any recommendations?

I thought PROJECT 1950 was god-awful, yeah. I liked the idea of the Misfits covering oldies tunes as well (they do a great cover of "Monster Mash" w/Jerry singing on the CUTS FROM THE CRYPT compilation album), but the album just fell flat for me. I got it from Lala when i was still active on that site, listened to it maybe three times, and traded it off to someone else about a week after I received it.

Even more painful was the DVD that came with it... there's a live show on there that was shot at some ski resort (outdoors, in the winter time!), and Jerry's up there croaking out these oldies tunes to maybe 100 people, 50 of which were busily throwing snowballs at the stage! I couldn't believe they even bothered to release that. I actually felt embarrassed for them.

Even though I hated PROJECT 1950, I would heartily recommend the aforementioned AMERICAN PSYCHO if you wanna check out post-Danzig 'Fits. If you like that one (and I think you will), then FAMOUS MONSTERS and the CUTS FROM THE CRYPT disc will be up your alley as well.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 3:11 pm

I was going to start a Misfits thread but I guess I'll just add to this one.

I always wanted to get into the Misfits but I just really never bothered to pick up their cd's until recently I just said screw it I'm getting something. I work with my friend once in a while and once in a while a Misfits song would come on his ipod and I always end up liking the songs. With that said I now own all the Misfits studio albums. I started with the Danzig era first of course. My friend saw Misfits open up for Type O Negative years back and he said they were horrible and he was so dissapointed because he was happy to see the Misfits because of their history but he said they play ed like crap. They were never in time with eachother and various other things would go wrong in all he just left with a bad impression of them. When I told him I got all Misfits albums he said your not going to get the newer ones are you? I said of course don't be rediculous. I never heard any of the newer songs but he said he saw a video on youtube and it was just how he remembered it, horrible. I decided to check it out and then go beyond that and see what else I could find with Michale Graves and after searching I found out that I really liked the newer Misfits as well. No its not the same as it was with Danzig but the music was good and the chorus' were catchy.

I brought the newer cds that I got to my friends house and after he heard the first song off of American Psycho called The Forbidden Zone he has become addicted to the newer Misfits as well as Michale Graves. I think this era was just as good. I don't think Danzig would fit in with the Misfits doing this kind of music anymore and it works without him. Who cares if its called Misfits. Jerry Only is still there and I'm sure Danzig doesn't mind getting his share every time that name is put on something.

I'm glad I finally got into them fully. I have the newer cd Project 1950 on its way from Amazon so when I get it I'll see how I like it. From the samples I heard I actually felt better about it than I was after I saw Jerry Only sing some songs live. He's horrible live and yes the band still is sloppy even without Doyle and Graves. I guess thats just how they are. Either way I like them.

With this I also picked up the Samhain boxset. Unfortunetly the one I got didnt come with the VHS or Comic book but really who cares. I'll never watch it or read it and I got it for $40 and everything is in mint shape. For something that is out of print thats fine for me I just wanted the music. Anyway.... Samhain is ok but I think they sort of fell compared to Misfits. Their songs don't really hold up as well and I think they were even sloppier with their playing than the Misfits. The later albums though they did seem to get tighter, but by then they would basically start to be known as the band Danzig.

Cool stuff! I've been listening to this stuff non stop for the last couple of weeks.

I think I was kind of all over the place with this but it was hard to write while listening to the new RAGE lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I brought the newer cds that I got to my friends house and after he
heard the first song off of American Psycho called The Forbidden Zone
he has become addicted to the newer Misfits as well as Michale Graves.

Way cool Except that "Forbidden Zone" is the first song on FAMOUS MONSTERS, not AMERICAN PSYCHO.

Just sayin'. Laughing

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm

hahaha and you think I would have known that since I grabbed the cd because I forgot the name of the song. atleast you knew what I meant haha.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 pm

I always enjoyed their style of punk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Misfits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits!   Misfits! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misfits!