Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Misfits VS The Ramones

Go down 
+16
reapermetal
TheDoctor'sScarf
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
arachnoplasma
stepcousin
jstate
Leatherface
DeathCult
EvyMetal
Stender
manny
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
mc666
mlotek
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

The Misfits VS The Ramones Empty
PostSubject: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 pm

I have had arguments in the past about this.

Now being older,
I am No longer interested in arguing.
It's like "do you like Metallica or megadeth" and that is no longer relevant.

Just curious which band you heard of first,and still prefer?

(yes, I myself was always a Ramones fan first)
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Misfits were more aggressive & dark sounding, which is how i like my punk. i respect the Ramones & like some of their stuff, but their pop-punk sound is a little light for my ears on a regular basis.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm more of a Ramones fan myself. While I like the early Misfits aggressive & dark sound, the Ramones pop-punk is how I like my punk. Perfect listening to my ears on a regular basis.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Definitely the Ramones although it's because of them that I discovered The Misfits. I like both bands but I generally find Misfits albums to be a little uneven.

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm more of a Ramones fan myself. While I like the early Misfits aggressive & dark sound, the Ramones pop-punk is how I like my punk. Perfect listening to my ears on a regular basis.
cheeky Razz

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:20 pm

Eh, more like laziness. Most of my opinions are formed that way. Just take someone else's and adjust accordingly. I have no original ideas or thoughts.

I mean, I like both bands but I generally find Ramones albums to be a little more consistant.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 pm

I like them both, but prefer The Ramones by a far margin, I like the Misfits and in alot of ways they were just as much fun as the Ramones, but I discovered the Ramones first, got to see them live, and I discovered the Misfits because of Metallica, and by the time I got into them the band, at least the classic line up had been disbanded for years.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 7:39 pm

I heard the Ramones first, but I think I dig the misfits better, atleast the Danzig era.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 9:44 pm

Stender wrote:
I heard the Ramones first, but I think I dig the misfits better, atleast the Danzig era.

I agree, the Ramones were the right thing for me at the right time. Although I still listen to the Ramones, I listen to Danzig-era Misfits way more.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Stender wrote:
at least the Danzig era
the only era that matters imo.

DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
at least the Danzig era

Danzig era is the only Misfits. The Jerry Only Show just wants to be.

Pretty sure I heard the Ramones first but, I like the Misfits alot better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:11 am

DeathCult wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
at least the Danzig era

NO. I HEARD THE RAMONES FIRST
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 12:28 am

EvyMetal wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
mc666 wrote:
Stender wrote:
at least the Danzig era

NO. I HEARD THE RAMONES FIRST

Interesting, do you also know how to build a flux capacitor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 3:03 am

Misfits
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:39 am

Heard the Ramones long before The Misfits but these days I'm more likely to go with a Misfits disc if picking between the two.

While the Danzig era is IMO admittedly better, I've always loved the American Psycho album. I'll also add that my favorite Ramones album is actually Brain Drain. But that may stem from the fact that was the tour I saw them on.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:16 pm

not really a fan of either but I'd hafta go with The Ramones I guess.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Honestly I love them both. I got into The Ramones first (my introduction to punk), but in my mid-teens I went through a long phase where Misfits, Samhain and Danzig was just about all I listened to, so...

Really depends on my mood. Misfits probably have the edge because of the added aggression, but I still dearly love The Ramones.

This is of course about the Danzig era of the Misfits. Anything beyond is just a cruel joke. Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 7:42 pm

arachnoplasma wrote:
Honestly I love them both. I got into The Ramones first (my introduction to punk), but in my mid-teens I went through a long phase where Misfits, Samhain and Danzig was just about all I listened to, so...

Really depends on my mood. Misfits probably have the edge because of the added aggression, but I still dearly love The Ramones.

This is of course about the Danzig era of the Misfits. Anything beyond is just a cruel joke. Razz

I'm like jstate; I also dig the American Psycho album, maybe because that was the first Misfits album I bought. I didn't even know Danzig was the original singer in this band at the time. I do like the Danzig-era stuff as well but overall I still prefer The Ramones. More consistent IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Love'em both, but The Ramones are one of my all time favorite bands. I want their entire catalog buried with me when I die.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:40 am

I'd say I like the Ramones slightly more.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 4:47 am

tohostudios wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

I'm like jstate; I also dig the American Psycho album, maybe because that was the first Misfits album I bought. I didn't even know Danzig was the original singer in this band at the time. I do like the Danzig-era stuff as well but overall I still prefer The Ramones. More consistent IMO.

To each his own and I can honestly see why some people like it. In all fairness, American Psycho and Famous Monsters aren't really terrible albums. It's catchy and fun enough pop-punk stuff. They just aren't "Misfits" albums to me. If they had been called something else, I wouldn't mind it nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 5:51 am

arachnoplasma wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
arachnoplasma wrote:

To each his own and I can honestly see why some people like it. In all fairness, American Psycho and Famous Monsters aren't really terrible albums. It's catchy and fun enough pop-punk stuff. They just aren't "Misfits" albums to me. If they had been called something else, I wouldn't mind it nearly as much.
I can understand that. That's how I feel about Bad Company without Paul Rodgers. It's OK but it ain't Bad Company to me.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:26 am

Really love both bands, but for me, the Ramones, no contest. They had better songs, and were much more well put together on stage. Don't get me wrong, Danzig was an excellent vocalist, and wrote some great lyrics, but their musicianship, with a FEW exceptions, was pretty bad for the most part. Also, some of the words to their songs seemed like they were shock for the sake of shock at times. That's just how it comes off today to me, anyway.

There's a really good, legitimate reason the Ramones outlasted most of the original punk bands, folks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 6:13 pm

The Ramones by a wide margin. I enjoy The Misfits occasionally but the songwriting isn't anywhere near as memorable.

Back to top Go down
reapermetal
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Misfits here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Misfits VS The Ramones   The Misfits VS The Ramones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Misfits VS The Ramones
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next