Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New MISFITS album in October...

Go down 
+8
TheseGoTo11
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
speed101
Eyesore
spiritoradio
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

New MISFITS album in October... Empty
PostSubject: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am

Cool cover art, as usual for these guys. I just hope this one's better than that godawful PROJECT 1950 covers album...

New MISFITS album in October... Misfitsreign

MISFITS To Release 'The Devil's Rain' In October - Aug. 13, 2011

Seminal horror-punk band the MISFITS will release its new album, "The Devil's Rain", in October.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Devil's Rain
02. Vivid Red
03. Land Of The Dead (album version)
04. The Black Hole
05. Twilight of the Dead (album version)
06. Curse of the Mummy's Hand
07. Cold In Hell
08. Unexplained
09. Dark Shadows
10. Father
11. Jack The Ripper
12. Monkey's Paw
13. Where Do They Go?
14. Sleepwalking
15. Ghost Of Frankenstein
16. Death Ray

In 1977, at the dawn of the punk movement the MISFITS set out to make an impression, and created a legacy that has truly withstood the test of time. Immortalizing black and white B horror films in their music, the MISFITS developed a ghoulish and totally unique persona of their own that s consistently evolved over the years, while remaining true to its roots. The band s iconic "Fiend Skull" logo has become a staple in pop culture and an instantly recognizable symbol worldwide. Bands across the spectrum of rock have covered their material, including METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES, MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE and countless others.

Boasting a massive catalog of music old and new, a new lineup (consistently helmed by founding member Jerry Only), and an influence felt around the world, the MISFITS return with their long-awaited, first full-length release of all-new, original material in nearly a decade!

Rooted in the horror and sci-fi themes their audience craves, "The Devil's Rain" showcases 16 fiendish, soon-to-be MISFITS classics including "Twilight Of The Dead", "Dark Shadows", "Curse of the Mummy's Hand" and the title track itself. Produced by Ed Stasium (whose credits include the RAMONES' "Road To Ruin" and "Too Tough to Die", as well as the MISFITS 1999 release "Famous Monsters"), the album showcases a jaw-dropping, two-panel front/back cover painting featuring the rebirth of the band's iconic Fiend mascot in an epic setting rendered by Arthur Suydam (known for his immensely popular work on the Marvel Zombies series, among others). The packaging, designed to emulate a CD sized gatefold LP, also features some incredible new MISFITS portraits shot by the legendary Mick Rock. Rock's imagery (which includes David Bowie, Iggy Pop, QUEEN, Debbie Harry, and the RAMONES, to name a few), has become part of the very fabric of rock and roll. Having also served as an on-set photographer for cult-movie classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show", Rock lends a perfectly suited eye to view the band s surrealistic and highly theatrical persona.

"The Devil's Rain" is not just a continuation of a historic legacy, it's a total reboot ushering in a new era of terror. In a sense, it's the debut album from the legendary MISFITS of this decade.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Yeah, that covers album was terrible.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah, that covers album was terrible.

Even the bonus DVD they threw in with the album to sweeten the deal couldn't save that thing. Ugh.

Ever watch it? By the time I got to the outdoor live gig at a ski resort in wintertime (?), where a crowd of maybe 50 people, tops, were throwing snowballs at Jerry as he croaked out those golden oldies, I shut it off. I was actually embarrassed for him!!

They released the song "Land of the Dead" that's on this new album as a single a year or two ago, it didn't sound nearly as bad as the PROJECT 1950 stuff but either way, I don't think Jerry is cut out to be a lead vocalist...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:12 pm

The new album sounds pretty awesome to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 10:44 pm

It's decent, but not great. Jerry's voice is lifeless, just monotone and a lame attempt at sounding like Danzig. And some songs sound like they were written by The Go-Go's.

Good album, but I wanted more.

They'll never top American Psycho.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Whats the chance of a glen danzig reunion?Not into them but just curious.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 1:37 pm

speed101 wrote:

A snowball has a better chance in Hell.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:09 pm

There has been some performances with Glenn and Doyle...but a full-on reunion doesn't sound like it'll happen anytime soon.

Quote :
In 2006, he appeared on stage with Danzig numerous times throughout their tour. They would meet again in 2007, when Gorgeous Frankenstein played their first tour, opening for Danzig. Doyle has since joined them on several occasions to play 30-minute-long sets of classic Misfits songs.

Quote :
Doyle claimed that a reunion effort with Glenn Danzig ceased further progression when "Jerry put a fuckin' monkey wrench in it. [In] 2002, we had meetings ... And [Jerry] kind of smurfed it up, him and his manager. We were going to do a record, do a tour and everything."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 2:10 pm

Yeah, Glenn and Doyle have mended fences in recent years but apparently Glenn and Jerry still really REALLY hate each other.

Considering how much of a revolving door the Misfits have been since Jerry re-formed the band, I have to wonder how much of the problem is with him. Everyone seems to think Glenn's such a d**k but it would seem that Jerry's just as big a d**k. Nobody wants to work with him for very long.

Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Only Danzig Misfits interests me
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 4:42 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
That's silly, especially considering American Psycho poops all over every Danzig-era album. And I frickin' love those early albums!

American Psycho is just brilliant (as far as punk can be, at least).
Back to top Go down
TheseGoTo11
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheseGoTo11

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:29 am

Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
That's silly, especially considering American Psycho poops all over every Danzig-era album. And I frickin' love those early albums!

I think the same, man. A.P. is my favorite Misfits album. Graves was a good fit, wish he stayed.

BTW you guys that are saying the 50s covers album is terrible, Id be happy to take it off your hands so you won't ever have to hear it again. It would be a win/win situation Smile

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 am

Count me in as another who loves AMERICAN PSYCHO and the Graves era in general. Too bad that lineup couldn't keep it together.

...and TheseGoTo11, I would've gladly sent you that covers album but it is long gone...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 am

Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Eh, I get that. I won't listen to a Baz-less Skid Row or a Jani-less Warrant either, I don't care how good the albums might be. It just ain't the same.

While I'm not opposed to other era Misfits, the only stuff I own is with Glenn.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:

Eh, I get that. I won't listen to a Baz-less Skid Row or a Jani-less Warrant either, I don't care how good the albums might be. It just ain't the same.

While I'm not opposed to other era Misfits, the only stuff I own is with Glenn.
Well, you're not missing much with those Skid Row albums, but it's unfortunate that you won't listen to the Warrant album because they're excellent. It might not be the same, but it's still good music.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:33 pm

It's not as bad as I thought it would be, it's even kinda fun and catchy, but, you know... It just isn't the Misfits. Lacks energy and aggression and it's way too generic. If it were called something other than "Misfits," I wouldn't mind nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 pm

It's Misfits A-Go-Go.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:36 pm

speed101 wrote:

This was probably be as close as you'll get...

Quote :
Glenn Danzig headlined Riot Fest on October 7 at Congress Theater in Chicago, Illinois under the "Danzig Legacy" banner. He performed a career-spanning show featuring sets of DANZIG, SAMHAIN and MISFITS songs with none other than ex-MISFITS axeman Doyle Von Frankenstein joining Glenn on guitar for the MISFITS set

That woulda been a cool show to see.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:39 pm

I'm going to the show in NY on the 29th. Should be great.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 pm

This one is growing on me.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 8:50 pm

My friend who is a big misfits fan and he actually really loves the Graves Era, doesn't like this album at all. I still want to pick this up.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:27 pm

It's different, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
arachnoplasma
Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:45 pm

I keep going back and forth on it. I think it's better to listen to it as a Jerry Only solo album rather than a "Misfits" album. It goes down a bit easier that way. I don't hate Jerry, it's a fun Halloween album, just wish he'd change the name of the band. The Graves era is ok, but I just think of that as a completely different band as well.

Re: The Danzig Legacy show, this was posted over at MisfitsCentral. It's the Samhain + Misfits sets plus the second half of the Danzig set. They also encored with "Skulls" but the houselights and music were turned on and everyone thought the show was over and half the audience started leaving, so it wasn't recorded!

Samhain set: "Samhain," "All Murder All Guts All Fun," "Horror Biz," "Unholy Passion," "Let the Day Begin," "To Walk the Night," "Mother of Mercy"
Misfits set (begins at around 19:00): "Death Comes Ripping," "Vampira," "Bullet," "I Turned into a Martian," "Night of the Living Dead," "Halloween," "Astro Zombies," "Last Caress"
Danzig set: "Bringer of Death," "Not of this World," "Mother"

Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 pm

i may go pick this up tommorrow if they have it on fye. i work 5 mins away from the store. wayne are they playing for halloween this year? are you going?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 8:15 pm

I'm going to that Danzig/Misfits/Samhain show on the 29th at Hammerstein

PostSubject: Re: New MISFITS album in October...   New MISFITS album in October... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New MISFITS album in October...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next