Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Danzig Reunites w/Misfits

Go down 
+10
7thSecond
choosemetal
manny
Eyesore
nevermore
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
ZombieHavoc
mc666
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37558

Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Empty
PostSubject: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 12:01 pm

Wow! Hell has officially frozen over!

Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Misfitsoriginalriotfestbigger

Blabbermouth wrote:
Classic MISFITS lineup members Glenn Danzig, Jerry Only and Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein will reunite for first time since 1983 to headline this year's Riot Fest.

The reunion, billed as "The Original Misfits," will take place at the Riot Fest in Denver and Chicago. The first show is scheduled for September 2-4 at Denver's Riot Fest And Rodeo, while the second will happen at Riot Fest And Carnival, set for September 16-18 in Chicago.

MISFITS mainman Jerry Only said in December 2014 interview that he would consider reuniting the band's original lineup on condition that Glenn Danzig left all "that dark, that real black stuff" "at home" and focused on being a "positive influence" to MISFITS' fans.

The original MISFITS band broke up in 1983, and bassist Jerry Only brought forth a new version of the MISFITS in 1995. Various members have come and gone, but Only, along with BLACK FLAG's Dez Cadena, has kept some form of the MISFITS in the recording studio and on the road for most of the last two decades.

MISFITS will release a new EP, "Friday The 13th", this Friday, May 13. It will contain "four new horror-punk anthems" written by Only. Glenn Danzig and Doyle Wolfgang Von Frankenstein are not believed to be involved in the effort.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 12:51 pm

This should be a dream come true for me. A big part of me wishes Glenn would have left the true Misfits alone though. Jerry Only has only turned it into an embarrassment & I kind of wish Glenn wouldn't validate the current abortion by adding his name to it. He can do the sound on his own, as his covers album proved... he doesn't need the name or Jerry or the hot topic crowd that follows it these days.

ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Post-Danzig Misfits really isn't that bad. It's just not the same. And I probably would've spent the past couple decades buying the Graves-fronted albums and then the more recent Only-only stuff, if it were under a different band name. Kinda dumb, but you know...certain expectations come with the name. A lot more expectations than "Featuring former members of the Misfits" comes with anyway.

Either way, I'd love to see this. I won't be, but I'd love to.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 1:58 pm

I like the Michale Graves-fronted 'fits just fine. When Jerry decided to start singing, though... ugh. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 3:19 pm

That would be a cool show to see.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 6:10 pm

Ever since I heard about this this morning I've had the song "Angelf***" stuck in my head.  I love Danzig-era Misfits way more than anything else Glenn ever did.

I've always thought of The Misfits as darker, sicko cousins of The Ramones.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 9:28 pm

I'd like to see this line-up live.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I like the Michale Graves-fronted 'fits just fine. When Jerry decided to start singing, though... ugh. Laughing very hard

American Psycho is their best album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Useless thread bump!

Here's some useless Misfits trivia I picked up recently: while watching the "I Am Thor" documentary on Netflix about Canada's favorite body buildin', steel bar bending '80s cheese rocker/barbarian, I learned that the Misfits offered Jon Mikl Thor their vacant vocal slot when Glenn Danzig split back in the day. In the film, Thor shows the letter he received from Jerry Only inviting him to come to New Jersey for a tryout.

...tragically, Thor turned down their offer because he "had his own thing going" at the time, thus depriving the world of a Thor-fronted Misfits, which would've doubtlessly been awesomeness defined. Sad

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 9:51 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/misfits-enlist-dave-lombardo-as-reunion-drummer-w432361

The Misfits reunion is coming up fast, and Glenn & Jerry have revealed that their drummer for these two gigs will be...Dave Lombardo!!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 10:15 pm

Man, I would love to be at this gig
Back to top Go down
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 1:36 am

I want to see this. But I NEED to see a Graves reunion.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2016 8:51 am

manny wrote:
Man, I would love to be at this gig

Me too!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 10:31 am

Video of the Fits' grand entrance and first song ("Death Comes Ripping") at Riot Fest in Denver last week:

The rumor mill is starting to churn... supposedly the band has offers for more dates beyond these two festival gigs on the table....

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:09 am

Killer song to open with. I'm glad that this seems to have worked out well...I feel like people were expecting some kind of shitfest. Good on both Danzig and Axl for making some people eat their words (reminds me of that Chris Rock sketch about people wanting acknowledgment for doing what they're supposed to do...ha, but you know).

Fat Frederick, your avatar is ruining my childhood.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:09 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:

What? I thought it was brilliant. Worlds colliding n' all that. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

What? I thought it was brilliant. Worlds colliding n' all that. Laughing very hard

You can't re-cast the Ghostbusters as cartoon characters. Ghostbusters '84 is an untouchable slice of melodic heaven that also cannot be touched by touchy fingers. To do so is sacrilege of the highest order and ye shall be scathed accordingly via Twitter. What is your Twitter handle, sir, so that I may send you daily reminders that you desecrated the name of the once holy name of Ghostbusters, and only in the name of money!

There is no emoticon to express the rage I am feeling.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:

You can't re-cast the Ghostbusters as cartoon characters. Ghostbusters '84 is an untouchable slice of melodic heaven that also cannot be touched by touchy fingers. To do so is sacrilege of the highest order and ye shall be scathed accordingly via Twitter. What is your Twitter handle, sir, so that I may send you daily reminders that you desecrated the name of the once holy name of Ghostbusters, and only in the name of money!

There is no emoticon to express the rage I am feeling.

Very Happy Laughing very hard \'arry \'eadbanger

Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 659

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 4:36 pm

I love it! I think Glenn went nothing but DOWNHILL after he left the Misfits, though I did enjoy some Samhain. His solo stuff totally blew though!!!
Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 6:56 pm

Anyone make it to one of the shows?
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 7:18 pm

7thSecond wrote:
I love it! I think Glenn went nothing but DOWNHILL after he left the Misfits, though I did enjoy some Samhain. His solo stuff totally blew though!!!
In no way did Danzig 1-4 'blow'.You might not like the music but there's a ton of solid music from his solo days.Even his lost double album was solid.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 3:33 pm

I saw the OG Misfits at RiotFest Chicago. They are my favorite band ever and to see everyone on stage together was a real treat. The vibe was fun and the energy club-like. You'd never know there were 40,000 people behind me singing along. To hear those songs played ON TIME, many for the first time ever, was so very special - a feat I credit to Dave Lombardo's drumming (and Danzig's voice tackling those songs at their intended live speed (see: Misfits recordings circa 1981). The band also closed with an additional song - playing Bullet before bowing off the stage.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 4:38 pm

I am a huge fan as well. They are perhaps my all time favorite. However, I will wait to see if they record anything new & judge this "reunion" by that. Anyone can get together for a dollar & mimic what they've already done. That doesn't do it for me. If you want it to seem genuine, IMO you need to show us that you are still worthy of that legendary status. In another words... Glenn needs to write some new Misfits material. His cover of Devil's Angels already showed he is capable of performing Misfits styled music. Do it for real now & not this comic book garbage Only was dishing out without Danzig.

Only NEEDS Danzig. That's a fact. Danzig, apparently just needs the extra coin the Misfits name provides at the moment. That's how it comes off to me anyway.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

The "original" Misfits (i.e. Only, Danzig, Doyle and Dave Lombardo) have announced a May date at the Prudential Center in New Jersey, home of the NJ Devils, with support from Suicidal Tendencies and Murphy's Law.

Could this be the first-ever horror/punk/hardcore arena gig?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitimeThu Feb 15, 2018 5:03 pm

The Misfits actually sold out the Prudential Center in Newark and the show is still three months away! Damn.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/02/12/reunited-misfits-influential-punk-band-lodi-roots-sells-out-prudential-center/329839002/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danzig Reunites w/Misfits   Danzig Reunites w/Misfits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Danzig Reunites w/Misfits
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next