Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Misfits Box Set

Go down 
+3
TrogDawn
spiritoradio
mc666
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 4:51 pm

Anyone have it? I just got it off of Ebay for 30 smakers brand new! Is it just Danzig era, or does it have new material also? I can't wait to get it. WE ARE 138!
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 pm

You talking about coffin box from years and years ago?
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 5:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
You talking about coffin box from years and years ago?
yes. do you own it?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 6:08 pm

i do & it's all Danzig material (otherwise, i would not have bothered with it). it's great, if a little repetitive, being as it has 4 versions of some of the songs from different recording sessions. great stuff all the same. obviously it doesn't include the "Walk Among Us" sessions, but it has every thing else.

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 6:10 pm

mc666 wrote:
i do & it's all Danzig material (otherwise, i would not have bothered with it). it's great, if a little repetitive, being as it has 4 versions of some of the songs from different recording sessions. great stuff all the same. obviously it doesn't include the "Walk Among Us" sessions, but it has every thing else.
AWESOME! cannot wait to get it!
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 6:58 pm

Also, I like the material with Graves, at least the songs I have heard, Dig Up Her Bones, and American Psycho
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:27 pm

I used to have that box set, until I moved. I had the discs in my car visor and my car was broken into and like $1300 worth of cd's and my wife's clothes were stolen. It sucks because I still have the box and the pin and the cases but no discs, so every time I come across the box I cry a little inside. Sad

I also think that the "new" Misfits get an unfair shake. I personally like this form of the band. I think their songs are a catchier, I like how this version does the old songs. I also like when Doyle left and it was just Jerry, Marky Ramone, and Dez Cadena of Black Flag. I think they are just as good now as they were then, IMO.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:35 pm

Yeah, it's definitely a good box set to own! And the Graves era Misfits is excellent. American Psycho is such a killer album! "Dig Up Her Bones" is my all-time favorite Misfits tune, and I've been listening to them since the 80s. I don't care; that song rules. The follow-up was good, just not nearly as good.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeMon Feb 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Agreed, American Psycho from front to back is excellent. I also enjoy Famous Monsters, Cuts From the Crypt and Project 1950.

Last edited by on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 12:20 am

Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
Also, I like the material with Graves, at least the songs I have heard, Dig Up Her Bones, and American Psycho
that's cool, but for me, there is no Misfits without Danzig. that's like a Motorhead without Lemmy.

TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 10:33 am

mc666 wrote:
Forever A Heath Bar wrote:
that's cool, but for me, there is no Misfits without Danzig. that's like a Motorhead without Lemmy.

Misfits Box Set L_7057672ec864bd851a6a7ff14ea020141
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 10:41 am

lol Laughing

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 am

That picture is HILARIOUS !!! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 5:28 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2007 6:16 pm

Hahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 2:14 pm

Halloween's approaching so I've been bustin' out my Misfits stuff this week... was surprised to find a thread on them already, never seen it before (I guess it was from before I joined the board)...

Anyway, I'm with Eyesore, spiritoradio and F.A.H.B. on this one, I dig the Graves-era Misfits stuff just as much as the Danzig era. Like everybody else I was kinda skeptical when AMERICAN PSYCHO first came out but I bought the CD anyway and was blown away by it! That's still one of my favorite CDs from the 90s. FAMOUS MONSTERS wasn't quite as intense, but it had its moments, and I even liked the CUTS FROM THE CRYPT odds-and-sods collection, there's some cool stuff on that CD.

I really wish they'd kept the Graves lineup together because PROJECT 1950 (the covers album with Jerry Only singing) was god-awful. I got that thing from Lala and I had it in my house for less than a week before I traded it off again. Painful to listen to, and the accompanying DVD was almost as painful to watch. When I saw the live shots of the Jerry/Dez/Marky lineup playing an outdoor festival at a ski resort in front of about 100 people (most of whom were throwing snowballs at them) I actually felt embarrassed for them. I think it may be time for Jerry to hang it up.
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 2:21 pm

Yeah I saw the Misfits on the American Psycho tour (with Type O Negative yuck!) and they were so tight. Michale Graves was awesome live. Then it all fell apart. I lost interest in them shortly thereafter.

I just recently traded my Misfits boxset off. I hadn't listened to it since probably 2001. It was time.
Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Walk Among Us = BEST MISFITS EVER
Back to top Go down
outofstep
Metal novice
Metal novice
outofstep

Number of posts : 90

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 3:39 pm

I've been a huge misfits fan for as long as I can remember, and I'm one of those who also likes the Graves era misfits. Now, I do still prefer the classic line-ups with Danzig at the helm, but the Graves material is fantastic. I saw them live many times with Graves (I'm too young to have seen them with Danzig) and they always put on an awesome show. My wife and I got a chance to hang out and have a few drinks with Michael and Dr Chud on Graves first solo tour back in 2001, and he's really a genuinely nice guy (so was Chud).

I've seen the latest incarnation of the Misfits quite a few times as well, and I've always been VERY dissapointed. Live, Jerry's voice sounds like absolute crap. What I've always hoped for (other than a reunion with Danzig), is that Jerry would get Doyle back, find a drummer (chud would be fine), and get a NEW singer. Zoli from ignite would be a nice fit. He did already fill in as vocalist for the misfits just after Michael left mid-tour, so he's no stranger to Jerry or Doyle. Oh well, I'll still keep hoping against hope that Danzig will somehow patch things up with those guys and do a full-scale reunion. I'm afraid the chances of that happening are about as good as me winning the lottery though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:19 am

Danzig took a spill recently.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83516
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:23 am

troublezone wrote:
Danzig took a spill recently.
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83516
at least he wasn't punched off the stage Laughing very hard

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:46 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Misfits Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Re: Misfits Box Set   Misfits Box Set Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Misfits Box Set
Page 1 of 1