Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Drummers In The House?

Go down 
+9
T-Roy
White_Mage
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
Mglaffas81
Tall Tyrion
MetalRob331
mc666
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:08 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
I want to start playng drums, but my dad won't let me because I didn't stick with guitar and my mom won't let me because of the noise!

if you wanna play drums then play drums Smurf what your parents say if your passionate go for it and they should support that! if the dont like the sound then get an electronic drumset! they work damn great and yu can play around with them more...altough not a nice sounding...it works and they save a lot of space too!
Rock on headbanger
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:51 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
I want to start playng drums, but my dad won't let me because I didn't stick with guitar and my mom won't let me because of the noise!

MOVE OUT lol!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:59 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I play drums, hence the name Phoenix Reign Drummer Very Happy
My
drums are Pearl, I use Sabian cymbals, and Pearl double pedals and
single pedals (cause im cheap). Those are my drums on my avatar

Hey dude, let me pick your brain on Sabians then. I'm wanting to get a
new ride cymbal, and I want it to be something good. I'm considering
various Zildjians because that's all I've ever used, but I'm open to
suggestions. Is there a good Sabian ride you could recommend?

The Sabian I have is awesome but its heavy haha. Its a 21" AA Dry Ride. I wanted a ride that didnt have much ring to it and this was perfect. Sabians dont sound as brite as Zildjian does which why I like them. I just recorded 2 new songs the other day and I wish I had a sample so I could show you how this ride sounds. If I can get one of the recordings i'll let you know.

These are all the Sabian cymbals I have
Pro 10" Splash
Pro 18"Chinese
AAX 17" Dark Crash
AA 16" Medium Crash
AAX 18" Studio Crash
AAX 17" Stage Crash
AA 21" Dry Ride
AA 12" Mini Chinese
AAX 14" Stage Hats
I also have a Zildjian Scimitar 18" Crash Ride but I havent used it since I recorded my bands first album and I actually regret using it now because it was just too loud in some spots.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 10:03 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Hey TT,Dont mean to butt in but the B8 Sabians are really good.Thats what I use on my set.
I had B8 cymbals and I cracked them all. I didnt realize how bad they were til I upgraded. They were good for the price though. The B8 ride was horrible though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:15 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Hey TT,Dont mean to butt in but the B8 Sabians are really good.Thats what I use on my set.
I had B8 cymbals and I cracked them all. I didnt realize how bad they were til I upgraded. They were good for the price though. The B8 ride was horrible though.

Thanks for raining on my parade angry lol!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:51 am

I'll take all the advice I can, thanks guys. 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 am

If you can't play Black Sabbath's Paranoid, just give up. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 1:46 pm

spectrefate wrote:

I can't play it. It's TOO HARD!! Sad

lol!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:03 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Thanks for raining on my parade angry lol!

lol! sorry
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 2:16 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I can't play it. It's TOO HARD!! Sad

lol!
Just GIVE UP then will ya?!?!?! lol! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Wow this is just like the easy rock/metal song thread all over again
wait till Trog sees this lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:09 pm

the first song i learned on drums was antichrist my sepultura! its actually really easy!
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:54 pm

Only casually, our drummer gave me his old kit when he moved up in the world because I spent so much time duct taping it & welding it back together. I really enjoy playing, one of the best stress relievers in the world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:31 am

Black_Mage wrote:
thrashmetalhead wrote:

if you wanna play drums then play drums Smurf what your parents say if your passionate go for it and they should support that! if the dont like the sound then get an electronic drumset! they work damn great and yu can play around with them more...altough not a nice sounding...it works and they save a lot of space too!
Rock on headbanger

My mom said she'll think about getting me lessons, but I think it will be awhile before I get a set of my own. I could tell hear about the electronic drum set though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:29 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
Black_Mage wrote:
thrashmetalhead wrote:

Rock on headbanger

My mom said she'll think about getting me lessons, but I think it will be awhile before I get a set of my own. I could tell hear about the electronic drum set though.

yea try telling her bout that, and as far as lessons go, i dunno this is just the way i am but i think when you pay for lessons you dont really learn how to play you learn to play the teatchers way i think you should get some one to show you the basics then do the rest yourself get your own style you no what i mean?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:20 pm

what do u guys think of this set for $350 thinking about getting it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190190477056#ebayphotohosting
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:48 pm

I don't but my friend Derin does...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=11166734
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190190477056#ebayphotohosting

Did you end up getting it? Mapex are a pretty good brand, and ZBT's are decent as well. That was a good bargain, IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 12:50 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190190477056#ebayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190190477056#ebayphotohosting[/quote[/url]]

thats a nice set from the looks i have zbt cymbals and i love em mapex is a great brand now just make sure that everything is legit and shipping wont be a smurfette other than that i say go for it
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:26 am

actually i didnt get that and im glad as i found a ludwig set with evan heads and sabian b8 pro rock cymbals for a real good bargain. It seems i have to take control and buy the equipment so i can get my old band back together..
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:16 am

Sounds like a good set. Good luck, dood. 🤘
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 7:41 pm

greetings:

I have an old 80's Tama double bass kit, a late 90's Tama Rockstar and an old early 70's Ludwig maple kit. I prefer double bass to double pedals (different feel)
and I have DW 9002 but am looking hard at the axis pedals. I have zildjian, Paiste, and Sabian cymbals. Gibraltar drum racks, and a Pearl Eliminator hi-hat with interchangable cams (really sweet) I learned playing along to records. My very first kit I got at 8 years old was a toss together of CB700, Rodgers, and Ludwig vistalite. They are alot of fun and alot of work...playing fast takes a lot of practice but if you can't keep a steady easy beat... reevaluate why your even trying
Back to top Go down
Kong
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Yamaha Maple custom kit (12 years old and MINT) in the studio and on the road, except for my priceless (3) DW Edge snare drums. Sabian Cymbals all the way around with (2) additional Wuhan China's. Studio kit has the internal Mayes microphone sysytem in the bass drums and toms.

Also have a secondary Mapex kit for local gigs if I fill in to help out a friend(s) in his cover band...always a challenge performing songs you never play, but fun and it opens up your mind to new idea's.

Good shells, good matching of drum heads and a talent for tuning will most often give you a good if not great and consistent drum sound to any band. Give me a $50.00 snare drum and the right heads and I'll make it rip your face to pieces!

Let's get it on!.....\m/

www.jonoliva.net
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:37 pm

this sucks i broke my snare drum head, and my local music store closes to early for me to buy a new head so im drummless for a bit Sad

anyone else ever break a drum head by just playing it or am i doing something terribly wrong?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 10:02 pm

Black_Mage wrote:

anyone else ever break a drum head by just playing it or am i doing something terribly wrong?

I've done that. You might try not hitting them so hard, and rotating the snare so you're not always hitting the head in the same exact spot. For me, a really tough snare head is a must, as I hit them pretty hard.

One time, I broke through a snare head and still practiced for an hour after that because most of the head was still intact. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Drummers In The House?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next