Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drummers and coffee

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Drummers and coffee Empty
PostSubject: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:49 am

Well it seems that Ted from Tourniquet isn't the only metal drummer to sell coffee now.

ANTHRAX Drummer Ready To Unveil New Coffee - Feb. 20, 2008
ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante has issued the following update:

"You all know me, you know how I earn a living. When I'm not bashing on my drums to the sounds of ANTHRAX, I like to enjoy a good cup of coffee. I will drink it hot, iced, frapped and intravenously. I've been all around the world, tried many different blends and I have come up with some combinations that kick ass. If you are a coffee drinker, I think you're going to love it. My coffee is a blend of Central American, African and Asian coffees roasted to a dark color. The aroma is very rich and the cup bold and complex. This is the start of something really delicious. Get your taste buds ready — MUGS UP!"

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:11 am

Yea, I saw this the other day. He's in cahoots with Dave Mustaine and his coffee selling business.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Does Kiss know?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:59 pm

Caffeinie, eh? It's no wonder drummers are able to kick double-bass for minutes on end. A pot or two of coffee will give you some crazy jitters. Maybe I'll put down the guitar, grab some Tim Horton's, and try out my luck drumming for a power metal band.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:34 pm

I'd like to see some guys issue green tea or some other type of tea.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:36 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Does Kiss know?

Yup. Gene Simmons trademarked the name coffee back in the 70's while he was deflowering your mom backstage before a show. Before that time it was known as "murk water". "Gimme a hot steaming cup o' murk water for a nickel" we used to say. Anyhoo, Gene now gets a royaly paid to him everytime someone orders, uses the word or drinks a cup of Koffee, as he like to spell it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 3:48 pm

I think murk water sounds more metal. Someone should start a line called that.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:17 pm

call me when Lombardo puts out his blend.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 pm

mc666 wrote:
call me when Lombardo puts out his blend.

His blend is called Black Magic. Very strong stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:14 pm

lol maybe all that coffee had to do with him inventing the blast beat just all jittered up on caffine on drums...makes sense
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Black_Mage wrote:
lol maybe all that coffee had to do with him inventing the blast beat just all jittered up on caffine on drums...makes sense
no one mentioned in this thread so far invented the blast beat. Benente was just one of the first to apply it to heavy metal.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drummers and coffee   Drummers and coffee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drummers and coffee
Page 1 of 1