Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Drummers In The House?

Go down 
+9
T-Roy
White_Mage
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
EvyMetal
Mglaffas81
Tall Tyrion
MetalRob331
mc666
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Any Drummers In The House? Empty
PostSubject: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:11 am

There all ready is threads for guitar players but what about the drummers?

Drum Set: Pearl Fourm, with Zildjian Cymbals and Gilbratar double pedal

any others?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:37 am

yep, i have played for years. i'm not in a band though. i have a Tama set, with Sabian cymbals, & a Pearl power shifter db pedal.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:34 am

i was just goin to buy a pulse drumset something cheap for under 400 with cymbals

I played the drums when i was about 13 and aint too bad at it.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 10:59 am

I play Tama Superstars and Zildjian cymbals.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:08 am

Yes, sir! Drums RULE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:36 pm

Oh yeah and i just remembered who is your favourite drummer?

Mine: Bonzo! or Joey Jordison...i know that sounds poser but he amazed me the first time i saw him and made me want to pick up sum sticks
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Dave Lombardo is the king. i also love Paul Bostaph, Pete Sandoval, Charlie Benente, & Gene Hoglan.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Neil Peart of course, although Terry Bozio is pretty amazing as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Buddy Rich is sweet.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Van Williams, Mike Portnoy, Scott Phillips, Neil Peart
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:23 pm

defender_of_the_faith wrote:
Buddy Rich is sweet.

one of my favorite drummers.

But the best is ANIMAL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:38 pm

lol hell yeah Animal rules! he beat buddy rich in a drum battle!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:40 pm

Bill Ward is another great drummer as well and is pretty underated
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 11:04 am

I was just watching a Twisted Sister DVD yesterday and AJ Pero has to be one of the most underrated drummers ever. I NEVER hear much of anyone mention him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:59 pm

I want to start playng drums, but my dad won't let me because I didn't stick with guitar and my mom won't let me because of the noise!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 10:23 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I was just watching a Twisted Sister DVD yesterday and AJ Pero has to be one of the most underrated drummers ever. I NEVER hear much of anyone mention him.

You sir, are correct. Pero is awesome.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 2:28 am

thrashmetalhead wrote:
I want to start playng drums, but my dad won't let me because I didn't stick with guitar and my mom won't let me because of the noise!
start beating on the furniture with sticks. they'll give in to spare the furniture. Laughing

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:27 am

I've been playing for years.Played in band with some friends at one time.Now I just play as a hobby.I've got a set of Tama Rockstars with Sabian cymbals.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:17 pm

I play drums, hence the name Phoenix Reign Drummer Very Happy
My drums are Pearl, I use Sabian cymbals, and Pearl double pedals and single pedals (cause im cheap). Those are my drums on my avatar
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:30 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:

I used to play guitar when I was younger. I had a acoustic guitar the tuning knobs would fall off all the time. I went to my lesson one day and once again another knob fell off and that put me in a bad mood, so my lesson started and all of a sudden some guy comes in the store and starts playing drums. I was like wow that sounds cool ok thats it I dont want to play guitar anymore and I just quit in the middle of my guitar lesson and from that day on I played drums. My neighbors loved me when I started playing drums. I used to play with the windows open and my friends could hear my from down the road. ooooh the good old days. Now I barely play at home anymore. Mostly just with my band.

Why didnt you stick with guitar? I really kick myself in the butt now that I didnt stick with guitar because I have all of these really great guitar ideas in my head but I have no clue on how to play them. I even bought a guitar thinking i'll teach myself and that was 6 years ago, I think ive played it twice. So if your seriously thinking about playing drums you shouldnt give up playing guitar because one day you'll regret you didnt stay with it. It also might make your parents change their mind on letting you play drums because they'll see you committing to something. I dunno im just rambling now:lol!:
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I play drums, hence the name Phoenix Reign Drummer Very Happy
My
drums are Pearl, I use Sabian cymbals, and Pearl double pedals and
single pedals (cause im cheap). Those are my drums on my avatar

Hey dude, let me pick your brain on Sabians then. I'm wanting to get a
new ride cymbal, and I want it to be something good. I'm considering
various Zildjians because that's all I've ever used, but I'm open to
suggestions. Is there a good Sabian ride you could recommend?
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey TT,Dont mean to butt in but the B8 Sabians are really good.Thats what I use on my set.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:56 pm

:goodluck: with the drumming
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:01 pm

mc666 wrote:
thrashmetalhead wrote:
start beating on the furniture with sticks. they'll give in to spare the furniture. Laughing

Lol! thats what i did when i started drumming its annoying as hell to everyone else but surprisingly it helps, it gets you used to stick control and you can just pretend theres drums on the counch and start blasting out your favourite beats while watching scooby-doo Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 8:06 pm

i used to play guitar too (still kinda do) only cuz my brother did and it looked like fun but the band my brother was in (Hellrazor) needed a drummer so i said (always kinda liking the drums!) ill be a temp drummer till you get a real one.....then a few John and Joey videos later i knew what i wanted to do the rest of my life!

Been Blasting away since (drums...furiniture..whatever it may be)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Drummers In The House?   Any Drummers In The House? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Drummers In The House?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next