Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for the drummers

Go down 
+2
A Handful of Wayne
bigjtink
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

Number of posts : 73

Question for the drummers Empty
PostSubject: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Any of you guys have tendonitis. I have been gearing up for some shows and I have developed tendonitis in my left fore arm. It's not terrible and only bugs me after I play. I had been playing 20 minutes, twice a day. Recently I changed to 30 minutes once a day. Helps a bit. Any one have experience with this?
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:44 pm

Not me. Also I don't play that often. I usually only play about once a week if I have band practice. I try to play at home once in a while but I rarely have the opportunity anymore. I do have this lump thing on my wrist which could be because of playing but I really don't know. It doesnt hurt or anything. The only thing that does hurt depending on how fast I play is I get bad cramps in my legs, something that I haven't gotten in a long time. I haven't excersized in a while either so thats mainly the problem.

If I ever get tendonitis I'm screwed with the drums and for work so hopefully it never happens.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Guess all those years of playing guitar with the drums packed up in the garage has had an effect. Hope it gets better than worse.

Do some stretching before playing and those handle grip thingy's with springs that you squeeze can help as well. If you improve the grip of your hands and the flexibility at the wrists than it places less stress on the tendons at the elbow.

Hope that helps, see ya in August Bro....laterz

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:59 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Not me. Also I don't play that often. I usually only play about once a week if I have band practice. I try to play at home once in a while but I rarely have the opportunity anymore. I do have this lump thing on my wrist which could be because of playing but I really don't know. It doesnt hurt or anything. The only thing that does hurt depending on how fast I play is I get bad cramps in my legs, something that I haven't gotten in a long time. I haven't excersized in a while either so thats mainly the problem.

If I ever get tendonitis I'm screwed with the drums and for work so hopefully it never happens.

huh sounds kinda like a lipolma(sp?) my dad has a couple of those, they dont hurt or anything.
Back to top Go down
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Quote :
Guess all those years of playing guitar with the drums packed up in the garage has had an effect. Hope it gets better than worse.

Yeah, probably. I love playing guitar but it has never been as much fun as drums. Playing on occasion with long lay offs and age? It aint so bad though.
Back to top Go down
bigjtink
Metal novice
Metal novice
bigjtink

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Quote :
see ya in August Bro

Yes. This time we need to carve out an hour at least.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Don't know about drums, but playing bass really smurfs up your fingers. Question for the drummers 436688
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:42 am

Stender wrote:
Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Yea maybe I don't know. Never got it checked.

huh sounds kinda like a lipolma(sp?) my dad has a couple of those, they dont hurt or anything.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:52 am

The only thing that I can suggest is to stretch and hopefully that relieves that slight pain if only for awhile. As far as I know, there is no cure for tendonitis is there?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the drummers   Question for the drummers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for the drummers
Page 1 of 1