Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOTORHEAD!

Go down 
+38
thejokeriv
Z Rocker
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
SpectreFate
Boris2008
7thSecond
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
DevZor
Gilbert
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
skullsmasher
Metal Misfit
Pontus
Troublezone
manny
Wargod
Selvmord
TheGooch
Thrasher73
jstate
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
DallasBlack
TH Joe
Required Fields
mr.electric39
ghost
KissinMaiden
INVADERS
mc666
Invader
krokus
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
sovdat
ultmetal
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 5:56 pm

Motorhead rules. That's about all I care to say.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 7:52 pm

These are my top 5

1. "No Sleep 'til Hammersmith"
2. "Ace of Spades"
3. "Overkill"
4. "1916"
5. "Kiss of Death"
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:09 am

For ULT since he collects vinyl:

According to blabbermouth.net, "25 & Alive - Boneshaker," a live recording featuring Motötrhead's 25th anniversary concert at Brixton Academy in London on October 22nd, 2000, is finally out on vinyl via Night of the Vinyl Dead Records. It is a very limited edition of 777 hand-numbered copies, gatefold double LP on blue and red vinyls, including a free color foster.

The track listing is as follows:

Side A:

1. We are Motörhead
2. No Class
3. Over Your Shoulder
4. Metropolis
5. God save the Queen

Side B:

1. Born to Raise Hell
2. The Case is better than the Catch
3. Stay Out of Jail
4. Dead Man Tell no Tales

Side C:

1. Sacrifice
2. Going to Brasil
3. Broken
4. Damage Case

Side D:

1. Killed by Death
2. Bomber
3. Aces of Spades
4. Overkill

The DVD version of "25 & Alive - Boneshaker" also includes an acoustic session recorded at IHT Studios, Clapham, some Motötrhead archive film, interviews with the band and their guests, and songs filmed at the Wacken Open Air on August 4th, 2001.

Motötrhead was presented with a golden-disc award by its label, Steamhammer/SPV, for German sales in excess of 25,000 copies of the band's 2001 DVD, "25 & Alive - Boneshaker." The award presentation took place on July 4th, 2008 in Berlin at the Zitadelle, where Motötrhead performed to 5,000 fans alongside Rose Tattoo and Danko Jones.

Joe Petagno, Motötrhead's longtime artist, commented on the concept behind the cover for the DVD/CD: "The idea was to create the feeling of tour posters being torn off the wall, one layer at a time, from 1975 to the present day... That was the basic idea: to create this montage of MOTÖRHEAD through the years."
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Every CD is just outstanding. There is this rush, this noise, that makes motorhead so special.

Bastards is freakin' cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm

I tell ya, Motorhead sure can cleanse the musical palette when you haven't heard them for awhile. A simple, in your face reminder that most metal bands take themselves WAY too seriously and that straight-ahead ass-kicking is where the real magic of the music lies.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Preach!!!

I was think very much along the same lines yesterday as I was listening to twisted sister's old live cut of "only rock'n'roll." Pure ass kicking good time \'arry \'eadbanger

Last edited by DevZor on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 pm

Lemmy really has this thing called "life" put in a cool perspective. But, seriously. Every Motorhead album pretty much always sounds the same. At least to me. And there are much worse things in the world than hearing Ace of Spades/We Are the Road Crew/Overkill for 35 years [case in point? Crazy/Angel/don't Wanna Miss a Thing...]. At least it isn't GnR....
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 10:02 am

I just purchased hammered and we are motorhead.

Now that's speed metal
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:41 pm

My favorite album is probably Inferno, but my favorite song is off of the Motorizer album.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm

I'm going to be accused of blasphemy as well cause although Motorhead have a massive list of classic songs, I think that most of the albums are patchy. Overkill is the best, back to back but the likes of Iron Fist and Another Perfect Day are mostly rotten.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I'm going to be accused of blasphemy as well cause although Motorhead have a massive list of classic songs, I think that most of the albums are patchy. Overkill is the best, back to back but the likes of Iron Fist and Another Perfect Day are mostly rotten.

Not blasphemy just an absence of good taste. Wink
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 8:31 pm

I've liked everything I've heard from Motorhead, but nothing even comes close to Overkill and Ace Of Spades. However, unlike most Motorhead fans I prefer Ace Of Spades out of those two. IMO, that is a near perfect album (as there is no such thing as complete perfection).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 am

I had maybe one Motörhead album in my arsenal three to four years ago, but now I only need:

S/t
Sacrifice
Snake Bite Love
Inferno
Kiss of Death

For me, I thought Motörhead were an acquired taste, and I say that, because "I" put so much emphasis on the voice of those fronting a band. I used to not care for Dylan either, but years ago after hearing "The Hurricane", I decided to give him another chance. I'm sure there are probably other artists out there that I changed my mind about, so I'm glad I gave Motörhead another shot. My three favorite are:

1 Another Perfect Day
2 Overkill
3 Motorizer

Great band!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
All Head is Good Head! lol!
(Sorry, but SOMEBODY had to go there.)

That said, I really need to pump up the Motorhead section of my CD rack. I've had some of their older stuff (NO REMORSE, ACE OF SPADES, 1916, etc.) on cassette in the past but never got round to upgrading them to CD when they crapped out. The only Motorhead CDs I have right now are a couple of the more recent ones -- INFERNO, KISS OF DEATH and WE ARE MOTORHEAD. Guess I should go cruisin' the used bins for some Lemmy sometime soon.

Since I made the above post (several years ago!), I've made good on my pledge to pump up the Motorhead section of my CD rack. I went from three Motorhead discs to over a dozen in the past year. GoHastings.com in particular was a gold mine for cheap Head....haha, yes, I went there again.

Lately I've been listening to Overnight Sensation a lot, but 1916 gets a lotta spin time too. And of course you can't go wrong with Overkill or Bomber either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:23 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lately I've been listening to Overnight Sensation

I just picked this up from my local used C.D store about two weeks ago. After seeing this thread, I said to myself, I need to listen to this today.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Lately I've been listening to Overnight Sensation a lot, but 1916 gets a lotta spin time too. And of course you can't go wrong with Overkill or Bomber either.

...ooh, ooh, I forgot Rock N Roll! Love that record!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Listened to 1916 for the first time in several years (I felt the need to listen to some of my Motorhead albums I've neglected during the past few years). I will never go that long without listening to it again because that album flat out rules! Love Me Forever goes in my list of great power ballads, and it's from a band not known for such songs.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:17 pm

Aside from the classic era stuff the later albums I like the best are Sacrifice and We Are Motorhead, I love those albums. Snake Bite Love is pretty killer as well, they stretch out a little more stylistically on that album than usual.

For instance, the only Motorhead song I can think of in mixed-meter.

Love it!

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:41 pm

S.D. wrote:
Aside from the classic era stuff the later albums I like the best are Sacrifice and We Are Motorhead, I love those albums. Snake Bite Love is pretty killer as well, they stretch out a little more stylistically on that album than usual.

For instance, the only Motorhead song I can think of in mixed-meter.

Love it!

I really love Snake Bite Love. It's kind of a forgotten Motorhead album. My favorite from that album is Dogs of War:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I remember I didn't care much for Snake Bite Love when I first got it as a new release, but it's got some good tunes on it. Haven't played the whole album in awhile though. It's not one I reach for very often.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Z Rocker

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:38 pm

Orgasmatron and No Remorse are my two faves
Back to top Go down
http://www.zrockblog.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 12:02 am

Anyone get the new Motorhead-Phones?

I just got the "Trigger" ones and I can safely say that they sound great! I recommend them. Also they look cool (shaped like bullets). I don't know if it's just me, but they seem to make a gun click sound when you put them on.

http://www.motorheadphones.com/en/products/details/4593/Trigger-Silver
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:22 am

Troublezone wrote:
Anyone get the new Motorhead-Phones?

I just got the "Trigger" ones and I can safely say that they sound great! I recommend them. Also they look cool (shaped like bullets). I don't know if it's just me, but they seem to make a gun click sound when you put them on.

http://www.motorheadphones.com/en/products/details/4593/Trigger-Silver

About a month ago or so, I entered an on-line contest to win some through Classic Rock magazine. Guess I didn't win. Crying or Very sad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 pm

New Motorhead album details/Lemmy health scare:

MOTÖRHEAD: New Album Title, LEMMY's Heart Scare Revealed - June 18, 2013

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191485

OTÖRHEAD has set "Aftershock" as the title of its new album, tentatively due in September. The follow-up to 2010's "The Wörld Is Yours" was recorded at Maple Sound Studios in Santa Ana, California with longtime producer Cameron Webb and will feature 13 songs, including "Dust And Glass", "Knife", "Going To Mexico", "Lost Woman Blues", "Death Machine" and "Heartbreaker".

In other news, it was revealed in the latest issue of U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine that MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister recently had a defibrillator fitted — an operation to put a device in his chest to help his heart beat normally — after experiencing "heart problems."

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
New Motorhead album details/Lemmy health scare:

MOTÖRHEAD: New Album Title, LEMMY's Heart Scare Revealed - June 18, 2013

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191485

OTÖRHEAD has set "Aftershock" as the title of its new album, tentatively due in September. The follow-up to 2010's "The Wörld Is Yours" was recorded at Maple Sound Studios in Santa Ana, California with longtime producer Cameron Webb and will feature 13 songs, including "Dust And Glass", "Knife", "Going To Mexico", "Lost Woman Blues", "Death Machine" and "Heartbreaker".

In other news, it was revealed in the latest issue of U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine that MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister recently had a defibrillator fitted — an operation to put a device in his chest to help his heart beat normally — after experiencing "heart problems."

THIS is quite interesting to me since I'm someone who has to deal with A-Fib and an irregular heartbeat. It's commonly known that large amounts of alcohol can cause A-fib episodes and even spur on permanency, and we all know how Lemmy drinks. Now, for me it's not a health scare; it's expensive as hell (one ER defib runs around 15K and I've had four so far in the past three years) and can't really do much damage until 48 hrs in when clots can form and I could stroke out like .5% of the rest of people my age, but with Lemmy at his age that shit can be scary since an aged heart can weaken much faster. I wonder if he's going to cut out the liquor; I had to since two of my ER visits were after both half a bottle of wine and four ponies of J.D. Let's be glad they installed a defib too; I hear those are supposed to be fool-proof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOTORHEAD!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next