Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead-Motorizer

Go down 
+16
Invader
MetalGuy71
Selvmord
TheGooch
plancha7
nevermore
Metal Misfit
ghost
Troublezone
Wargod
ultmetal
Shiney
DallasBlack
Lurideath
mc666
akeldama
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Motorhead-Motorizer Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:57 pm

I'm really liking this album, sonically it sounds like a cross between Hammered and Inferno. English Rose reminds me a lot of Mine All Mine from Hammered.
All in all, I give Motorizer a 4.3 out of 5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:00 pm

I was going to pick it up today...but then the alternator went out on my piece of crap car so that kind of blew the budget for this week.

I think I'm going to pick up the 2-LP version next week.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:17 pm

going to grab it this weekend hopefully

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:54 pm

This album really kicks ass! Nothing new but its Motorhead! The production on this is great and the songs are all good! It really catches the ear this time around moreso now for me than quite awhile.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm

I got it and have gotten four songs into it. Kick ass indeed! headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:00 pm

I got this the other day in a review batch....And liked it alot.

Pretty raw sounding...alot like older MOTORHEAD....Nice!

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 7:03 pm

I want this bad! Have to wait till payday.

ult

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm

It's not to bad I like it!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:07 am

The cover art is very cool! I heard some samples and i think i will get this one. It sounds like the best thing they've done since Hammered.

Motorhead-Motorizer 51gnsmRYlgL._SS500_
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:00 am

Here in Germany the album will be released this Friday. I have already ordered it.

From SPV there is a widget available:

http://www.spv.de/motoerhead/widget/
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:11 pm

I'm not a Motorhead fan and this is my first album purchase from them, so I don't know how it compares... But I like it.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:29 pm

I hope to get this friday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'm not a Motorhead fan and this is my first album purchase from them, so I don't know how it compares... But I like it.

That might have been a bad move, because if you like it, you'll go out and buy more Motorhead and this one will seem like crap compared to Overkill or Bastards.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

That might have been a bad move, because if you like it, you'll go out and buy more Motorhead and this one will seem like crap compared to Overkill or Bastards.

Well, the only bad side I see is this causing me to spend more money. Laughing Yeah, I'll probably go out and check out the older stuff now.
Back to top Go down
plancha7
Metal novice
Metal novice
plancha7

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 am

Nobody else manages to achieve the obscenely great guitar sound that Motorhead pull off every single time with absolute ease. Heavy, groovy, raw and biting. The riff from 'Buried Alive' will make your ass bleed... but in a good way.

I'm really loving the album. I've had it on constant rotation all week at work.

It's not as instantly 'catchy' as KOD, Inferno or Hammered.. but when it sinks in, it's a monster.

Only track i don't really like is 'Rock Out', because the chorus is beyond retarded.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:20 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Well, the only bad side I see is this causing me to spend more money. Laughing Yeah, I'll probably go out and check out the older stuff now.

Nahhhh. I love all Motorhead. There isn't any crap to be found IMO. Motorizer is an other excellent release from Motorhead. Killer bass sound captured on this one. Motorhead have a unique sound that is all their own. Some may find them to be a bit stale since their sound doesn't really change all that much, but I find 'em to be one of my favorite bands because of their steady stream of solid platters.

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:36 pm

I still haven't picked it up yet...I'm still feeling the sting of Inferno and Kiss Of Death, neither of which really floated my boat. Especially KOD which even sunk as far as to start recycling lyrics from earlier songs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Motorhead fan, loved We Are Motorhead and Hammered...but the last two left me flat.

How does this compare?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:50 pm

i would like to buy it but i cant really afford it right now
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 pm

detuned wrote:
I still haven't picked it up yet...I'm still feeling the sting of Inferno and Kiss Of Death, neither of which really floated my boat. Especially KOD which even sunk as far as to start recycling lyrics from earlier songs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Motorhead fan, loved We Are Motorhead and Hammered...but the last two left me flat.

How does this compare?

Thanks.

I'm not the best one to answer this question because I thought Inferno was fantastic. Lots ok killer songs on that one that I remember without even thinking about it. Whorehouse Blues, Killers, Terminal Show, Smiling Like A Killer.

I personally think the new one is better than Kiss of Death, and equally as good as Inferno. It's Motorhead. You basically know what you're gonna get. No surprises here either.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:19 pm

ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:

How does this compare?

Thanks.

I'm not the best one to answer this question because I thought Inferno was fantastic. Lots ok killer songs on that one that I remember without even thinking about it. Whorehouse Blues, Killers, Terminal Show, Smiling Like A Killer.

I personally think the new one is better than Kiss of Death, and equally as good as Inferno. It's Motorhead. You basically know what you're gonna get. No surprises here either.
you didn't like Kiss Of Death?

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's Motorhead. You basically know what you're gonna get. No surprises here either.

Best way to discripe this album. Yes I think it is a phantastic Motörhead album. At the moment I think it ranks directly behind Inferno and Kiss of Death, but this can change, because there is nearly equally good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:17 pm

mc666 wrote:

Shocking as it may seem, no I didn't...in fact I would put it even with March Or Die as my least favorite Motorhead album.

Since the 90s my favorite records of theirs have been Sacrifice, Snake Bite Love, We Are Motorhead & Hammered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:19 pm

March or Die is pretty boring, IMO. Kiss of Death didn't do alot for me either. But I really liked Inferno.
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:52 pm

It's by far not thier best, but it's Motorhead. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:50 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
detuned wrote:

How does this compare?

Thanks.

If you were asking me, I did like Kiss of Death. However, Kiss of Death took some time to get into, whereas Inferno and Motorizer had me hooked on the first listen.

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead-Motorizer   Motorhead-Motorizer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead-Motorizer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next