Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MOTORHEAD!

Go down 
+38
thejokeriv
Z Rocker
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
SpectreFate
Boris2008
7thSecond
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
DevZor
Gilbert
Schbopo
A Handful of Wayne
skullsmasher
Metal Misfit
Pontus
Troublezone
manny
Wargod
Selvmord
TheGooch
Thrasher73
jstate
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
DallasBlack
TH Joe
Required Fields
mr.electric39
ghost
KissinMaiden
INVADERS
mc666
Invader
krokus
MetalGuy71
Olafsto
sovdat
ultmetal
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2007 1:04 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Never cared much for Motorhead. Shocked

Ummm...same here.

Kidding.

Last edited by spectrefate on Tue May 20, 2008 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2007 12:35 am

thrasher73 wrote:
do not et Kmorg influence you... he'll have you hating Megadeth's Rust In Peace too. Sad

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:45 pm

Motorhead is one of my favourite groups. There's not even one song of theirs that I don't like. Even "Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me" is an awesome song IMO.

Though my favourite album is Overkill, I actually prefer late-era Motorhead to early-era. Although I love the early albums and listen to them constantly, the later albums (what I consider to be B*stards-onwards) have a bit more to them. There's a nice balance between heaviness (heavier than the early material, actually) and dynamic instrumentation. There's such a nice variety: fast-paced, punk-influenced songs in the style of older Motorhead (e.g. On Your Feet Or On Your Knees, Murder Show); mid-tempo, heavy riff-based, groove songs (e.g. Keys To The Kingdom, Love Can't Buy You Money); slow-paced power ballads (e.g. Lost In The Ozone, Dead And Gone); and the cream-of-the-crop double-bass, rapid-fire shredders (e.g. Burner, Take The Blame, Them Not Me, See Me Burning, etc).

The best of the late-era is definitely B*stards and Inferno. Overnight Sensation and We Are Motorhead are also outstanding albums. Well, they all are, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

even if you don't like them, you've got to respect them just for their place in history
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 5:55 pm

their new disc is set to be called Motorize
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:34 pm

TheGooch wrote:
their new disc is set to be called Motorize

August 26!!! Lemmy is yet to disappoint.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:37 pm

it should be good
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:00 pm

Bastards is my favorite by them, and I think the current lineup is top notch.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Motorhead IMO are an essential part of every metalheads collection. No Motorhead not true!

Wargod48

Glad I saw them live a couple years ago with Slunt!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 5:40 pm

Favorite Motorhead album " Another Perfect Day" with Brian Robertson on guitar, not a bum track in sight, and what can you say about Robbo that has not been said before.
If I was forced to choose another that would be a diffcult choice, " Live At Hammersmith" "Overkill" " March or Die" the list goes on, so I guess I would be forced to choose the boxset "Stone Deaf Forever" 5 disc of metal bliss.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:32 am

MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 803

MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 776
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:41 am

Of course my favourite line-up is the classic one (Lemmy, Phil, Eddie). Favorite albums are Motörhead, Overkill, Bomber and Ace of Spades (That would be the first four except On Parole). Well, I enjoy the today's line-up as well, Mikkey Dee is after all from Sweden. Very Happy March ör Die was a fun album, even if I personally think that their cover of "Cat Scratch Fever" wasn't that good, but not as bad as Pantera's version though.

So what can I say? Honestly I haven't listened that much to Motörhead's post-Phil & Eddie material. But with those three supermen Motörhead was one of the greatest heavy metal bands out there! Don't get me wrong, they're still great and the metal machine goes on but you know, the classic line-up, yeah, you got the point...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:04 am

Just got the Motorizer album at Wal-mart the other day and it kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:37 am

troublezone wrote:

Indeed! 🤘

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 8:40 am

troublezone wrote:

Walmart sells Motorhead cds where you live? fainting
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:02 am

Saw the new Motorhead at Wal-Mart this past weekend as well. It was a little cheaper than what I paid at the local CD store, but I'd rather give my money to the CD store than Wal-Mart. They already get enough of my money.

I'll buy the new AC/DC there though, since they will be the only store carrying the actual CD. The rest of the music stores will have to carry the stupid digital download cards.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
Saw the new Motorhead at Wal-Mart this past weekend as well. It was a little cheaper than what I paid at the local CD store, but I'd rather give my money to the CD store than Wal-Mart. They already get enough of my money.

I'll buy the new AC/DC there though, since they will be the only store carrying the actual CD. The rest of the music stores will have to carry the stupid digital download cards.

Whoever is Motorhead's label must be really getting behind them if Walmart is stocking their newest release, and look it has only taken Motorhead 30 years to find a label that is willing to do some promotional work.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 am

Their label is SPV.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 am

STOP WITH THE MOTORHEAD THREADS!!! IT IS GETTING TO BE RIDICULOUS!!! YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO MAD WHEN YOU TALK ABOUT MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111!!!!!!!!11!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!

angry angry angry angry
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:15 am

ultmetal wrote:

I was in my local Walmart just the other night and just for sh*ts & giggles, I looked for the new Motorhead. It was not there.

Brian & Angus were on the Howard Stern show this morning and said, among other things, that Walmart/Sam's Club has already purchased 3 millions copies of their album for their store's distrubution. As much as I hate that practice, I gotta say it's a pretty sweet deal in this day and age of digital downloads for AC/DC.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:19 pm

I picked this up last saturday and have been playing it off and on. I like it, no big surprises but a good solid Motorhead album.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:27 pm

I picked up Motorizer at Best Buy after seeing them on the Masters Of Metal and enjoy quite a bit. Apart from a greatest hits album years ago, my only other albums from them that I've heard was Ace Of Spades (which first made me want to explore them further) and March or Die (the one people like to criticize, but I enjoyed it). At the used CD store I had a choice between Snake Bit Love, Overnight Sensation, and Inferno. I chose Inferno, with the hopes SBL and/or OS being there next time. I know that Overkill is considered by many to be the best but I have yet to find it used nor new around here.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm

I was looking on amazon today and came across this...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001G5SDR0/ref=pe_606_11171380_pe_ar_v1
Now Motorhead put out not too long ago remasters of alot of their albums but why are they doing this one again as a deluxe edition? What else could possibly be on it that wasnt on the first 2 disc remaster?

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 2:48 pm

Different label doing the reissue, those "Deluxe Editions" are VERY nice. I have the Miles Davis Round About Midnight, Allman Brothers Fillmore, Who's Next and Santana debuts in that series. Top quality mastering, artwork and liner notes in all of them.

Probably not required by the Motorhead novice, but a completest or sound-quality junkie should probably look into this.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 pm

aahhh.. gotcha... yea I got a few of these Deluxe releases from Weezer and Pulp they are nice.

PostSubject: Re: MOTORHEAD!   MOTORHEAD! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MOTORHEAD!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next