Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Darkness

Go down 
+13
White_Mage
T-Roy
caniplaywithmadness?
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Smindas
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Shiney
TrogDawn
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Darkness - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Here's a full length version of a stone gods song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-I420-cqzw

So lemme get this straight. The Stone Gods are the same guys as The Darkness but without Justin Hawkins, right? That song sounded pretty good. I could listen to a whole cd of that.

That is correct, the bass player from the darkness now plays guitar and sings. they pciked up a new bass player
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:11 pm

Rock! 🤘
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:14 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Here's a full length version of a stone gods song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-I420-cqzw

So lemme get this straight. The Stone Gods are the same guys as The Darkness but without Justin Hawkins, right? That song sounded pretty good. I could listen to a whole cd of that.

That is correct, the bass player from the darkness now plays guitar and sings. they pciked up a new bass player

an interesting fact is that the bassist from the darkness dad is a mercenary
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 12:40 am

http://www.amazon.com/Burn-Witch-Stone-Gods...

An EP is being released by Stone Gods in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:17 am

That song was surprisingly good. I especially like the vocalist, he reminds me of Sebastien Bach.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 2:42 am

When they came out they were lampooned by so many (including myself) as being hopelessly behind the times. But with the acceptance of retro hard rock in the years since, might it be (dare I say it?) that they were actually ahead of their time in a way?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 4:40 pm

The Darkness " Permission to Land " was a great album, it took me awhile to get used Justin's vocals, but at least he wasn't a growler or screamer, and the Darkness brought something back to rock that had been missing for a long time, an element of fun.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 7:25 pm

BTW - the Stone Gods CD is AWESOME. Strong 80s/Def Leppard/AC/DC influence. I love it.

Justin's Hot Leg project is pretty good too and continues on with the sound of The Darkness.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Metal Misfit thanks for the heads up on Stone Gods, and for the update on Jusin's new project.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 pm

It's really sad neither Hawkins band gets much press (in the US, at least, for all I know England still loves 'em).

Stone Gods are a great band and I never knew they even existed (last I heard they were planning on continuing as The Darkness w/o Justin) until about 3 months ago. I think it's only available as an import as well. Shame.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:54 am

Not sure what became of Justin Hawkins other post-Darkness band British Whale, but here's his new one. Gentlemen, I give you...Hot Leg

http://www.myspace.com/hotleg

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Permission to Land was real good. Really liked it. I remember when they broke out and I first heard them on the radio - it was actually the first time in like a decade I heard something on the radio that made me want to buy an album.

I saw the band live, too.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Anyone check out Hot Leg yet? I like it. I don't think the U.S. release date has happened yet though. Either way, I'll get my hands on it eventually probably.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Anyone check out Hot Leg yet? I like it. I don't think the U.S. release date has happened yet though. Either way, I'll get my hands on it eventually probably.

From the clips I heard on the myspace page, it didn't sound too bad. Sounds like he toned down the falsetto singing a little bit since The Darkness days.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:12 pm

I like the what little heard of Justin's band Hot Leg, but man is that a stupid name for a band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness   The Darkness - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darkness
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3