Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightingale - White Darkness

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Nightingale - White Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm

New song:

THE WHITE DARKNESS

Any Dan/Dag Swano fans here? This song is awesome!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 7:14 pm

Is it just a single, or is it gonna be on an album? Swano is about the most creative guy around. I've never got big off into Edge of Sanity, but I've liked most of what I've heard. I love Nightengale, although each CD is in a different vein. "I" is a cool CD; although with a weird theme. It almost has a "modern rock" feel to it at times. "Breathing Shadow" is a goth album, and a damn good one. "Moontower" is a classic melodic deathmetal CD.
I've never been able to get ahold of any of his Unicorn CD's; but I'm told that they are off in yet another direction. If anybody has heard Swano's Unicorn, what does it sound like?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 8:45 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Is it just a single, or is it gonna be on an album? Swano is about the most creative guy around. I've never got big off into Edge of Sanity, but I've liked most of what I've heard. I love Nightengale, although each CD is in a different vein. "I" is a cool CD; although with a weird theme. It almost has a "modern rock" feel to it at times. "Breathing Shadow" is a goth album, and a damn good one. "Moontower" is a classic melodic deathmetal CD.
I've never been able to get ahold of any of his Unicorn CD's; but I'm told that they are off in yet another direction. If anybody has heard Swano's Unicorn, what does it sound like?
Yeah, Dan is awesome. This new album, though, was mostly written by Dag, his brother. No worries, though. Dag has written some of Nightingale's greatest songs ever. And yeah, this is just a single song. The album will have ten tracks, I believe. Eight were written by Dag, the other two are Dag/Dan tracks.

Anyway, Moontower is awesome. Progressive death metal. Who mixes a moog/hammond with death metal? A truly awesome CD. You should check out the album Nightfall Overture (The End Records has some in stock). It was a CD limited to 500. They re-recorded a bunch of Nightingale tunes. Some are similar, but the songs from the first album are so different! I wish he'd just re-recorded that whole album!

Also, the Unicorn stuff is really good, but very different. It's not heavy at all. It's very progressive, but in a light and fluffy new age-like way, I guess. You can buy Emotional Wasteland and Ever Since from Ken at http://www.lasercd.com. It's definitely worth hearing, especially considering Dan was like 17 years old back then. Dan didn't do much on the new Nightingale because he's working on the Second Sky album, which is basically going to be the new version of Unicorn.

Check out these Swano tunes:

UNICORN - TEARS OF JOY
ODYSSEY - AMON-RA
NIGHTINGALE - NIGHTFALL OVERTURE (Re-recording)
NIGHTINGALE - THE DREAMREADER (Re-recording)
DAN SWANO - MELISSA (Mercyful Fate cover)
GODSEND - DELUSIONS OF GRANDURE

You see how awesome those re-recordings are? If you need any info about the other tracks, let me know. I have demos and tracks from tons of other bands that Dan was involved in.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 9:37 pm

I also have Ayreon's Star One project, on which Swano did some work. You get those two guys in the same room and you are gonna end up with some seriously creative progrock!
The only thing he's done that I haven't gotten into was EOS "Crimson"; which is a CD with one hour long song on it. The problem may just be my attention span though. With the weekend coming up, I should give it another go when I'm feeling relaxed enough to concentrate on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2007 10:02 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I also have Ayreon's Star One project, on which Swano did some work. You get those two guys in the same room and you are gonna end up with some seriously creative progrock!
The only thing he's done that I haven't gotten into was EOS "Crimson"; which is a CD with one hour long song on it. The problem may just be my attention span though. With the weekend coming up, I should give it another go when I'm feeling relaxed enough to concentrate on it.
Edge Of Sanity is some really good, groovy death metal. Crimson I and II are both excellent, I think. And I'm not much of a death metal fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 12:16 am

Here you go, bro:

http://unicorndemos.blogspot.com/

A fan set that up a while back. You can download Unicorn's four demos there, complete with artwork. If you dig it, you can buy Ever Since and Emotional Wasteland from Laser's Edge/Sensory Records.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2007 3:27 pm

This album is going to be awesome!

TEASER MP3 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 6:33 pm

Here's some Making Of videos from the new album. Nightingale always have some pretty funny Making Of videos.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xljrtQsQ8fI

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oetzowSsvVU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightingale - White Darkness   Nightingale - White Darkness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightingale - White Darkness
Page 1 of 1