Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness

Go down 
+11
Gilbert
speed101
Wargod
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
SpectreFate
allthingsmetal
Joe
MetalGuy71
James B.
ultmetal
15 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Empty
PostSubject: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:37 am

I've seen very little talk about Fueled by Fire's sophomore release. Anyone have this? Like it? Hate it? Thoughts?

I picked up the t-shirt/CD bundle from Century Media Records. This CD is definitely an improvement over their debut.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 am

I got this from the bands website quite awhile back and like you,,,,,think it's much better than the debut. Definitey want to see these guys onstage.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 am

James B. wrote:
I got this from the bands website quite awhile back and like you,,,,,think it's much better than the debut. Definitey want to see these guys onstage.

Shared the stage with them twice, still have yet to actually meet them. They are not a band that seems to enjoy hanging out. They just disappear into the dressing room until they have to play. They put on a good show though. Definitely high energy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:57 am

Have not heard it. I enjoyed the debut very much, so if this new one is an improvement as you say, I'll have to check it out.

They went through some pretty big line-up changes since that debut, haven't they?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:05 pm

I have not heard it. I also haven't seen it around any of the stores here and it's just not enough of a priority to order it online. I am curious now that you say it's an improvement.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Have not heard it. I enjoyed the debut very much, so if this new one is an improvement as you say, I'll have to check it out.

They went through some pretty big line-up changes since that debut, haven't they?

Not really. Guitarist/vocalist Rick Rangel, bassist Anthony Vasquez and drummer Carlos Gutierrez are still in the band. I think only guitarist Chris Monroy might be new.

Joe wrote:
I have not heard it. I also haven't seen it around any of the stores here and it's just not enough of a priority to order it online. I am curious now that you say it's an improvement.

I think Century Media has it fairly cheap. I picked up the t-shirt bundle for $20.

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:17 pm

(Hopefully this doen't post twice. My first one disappeared when i hit 'send'.)

I thought it strange too that there was not a lot of mention regarding this cd.
Anyway, I really like it. Much better than their first cd, which I really like. They have a better sound (the bass drum tones do not sound like cardboard boxes anymore, imo).
Side note: for such 'up front thrashers'--it makes me chuckle that on their first cd, two of the songs that have 'thrash' in the title or are about that style of metal, have very distinct 'iron maiden melodies' in the middle of them. Kinda interesting.
But then again I like the blending of metal styles, too.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:18 pm

Maybe I'm confusing them with someone else. I thought they lost the lead singer and someone else. A guitarist maybe. Oh well, doesn't matter much I guess if they sound good. I'll have to check this new one out.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Maybe I'm confusing them with someone else. I thought they lost the lead singer and someone else. A guitarist maybe. Oh well, doesn't matter much I guess if they sound good. I'll have to check this new one out.

you might be thinking of Hatchet ?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:28 pm

James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

or Merciless Death?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:39 pm

ultmetal wrote:
James B. wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

or Merciless Death?

or Merciless Hatchet Death?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:49 pm

The Beetles.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Quote :

or Merciless Death?

Or any other big-label retro-thrash bands that stink.

Sorry, but the debut from this band defines mediocrity. The fact it was on a big label is laughable and reeks of an obvious cash-in on a perceived trend.

The MAIDEN-rip off sections are straight up "Metal 101 guitar playing" and didn't even fit.

This band might become great with time but certainly has a long way to go. I don't think they'll get there if people and labels kiss their butts.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:12 pm

Like Ult said this one is an definite improvement over the debut.They've tightened their sound up quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
Quote :

or Merciless Death?

Or any other big-label retro-thrash bands that stink.

Sorry, but the debut from this band defines mediocrity. The fact it was on a big label is laughable and reeks of an obvious cash-in on a perceived trend.

The MAIDEN-rip off sections are straight up "Metal 101 guitar playing" and didn't even fit.

This band might become great with time but certainly has a long way to go. I don't think they'll get there if people and labels kiss their butts.

They sound better than Warlord.

just kidding
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 pm

I think it kicks azz, not quite up to Havoks new one but still pretty good.
I got the bundle pack.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Hes probably talking about Bonded By Blood who recently had lineup changes.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 am

I have the album. Still haven't given it enough time yet.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I downloaded it a year ago, and this thread reminded me I still have it. Sooooo, I listened to the first two tracks and I swear I could hear Exodus,Razor,Testament (Alex-like solo) and Slayer (King-cat screaming solo).
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:24 pm

I bought the first album because the cover made me laugh but never got too into it. But from what you guys are saying I should check out this one
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:21 pm

I didn't know it was available.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 10:45 am

Played with these guys a few times as well. Cool guys too!

This album is by far better than their 1st one. Sounds like they came into their own. They just get better with time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness   Fueled by Fire - Plunging into Darkness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1