Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Turbo

Go down 
+18
caniplaywithmadness?
MoonChild
Troublezone
Required Fields
journeyman
iamrockerfun
Metal Misfit
mr.electric39
ghost
krokus
INVADERS
mc666
Lurideath
Fat Freddy
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
KissinMaiden
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Albums like TURBO, PACK IS BACK, PINK BUBBLES GO APE, COLD LAKE, etc. just prove that our metal heroes are human and that even they can't hit one out of the park every time Wink

I love all of those albums but have never heard "Pink Bubbles Go Ape." I need to listen to it now!

"Cold Lake" and "Turbo" are two of my favorite releases by Celtic Frost and Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:45 pm

i would skip pink bubbles go ape. i have never heard it but the cover is enough to make me not want to listen to it - one of the worst covers ever
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:43 pm

Maybe I should clarify. Pink Bubbles Go Ape does have its moments amidst the weird stuff. It's not a GREAT record but is a fun record if you're in the right mood for it. However, the follow up, CHAMELEON, is simply god-awful boring.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:52 pm

TheGooch wrote:
synth guitars worked for Iron maiden on somewhere in time though at least because that album is a metal classic

So true, it was a perfect "sync". But if you ask me to select between PoM and SiT albums, I would say PoM - though both these albums are the best from the band.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:55 pm

both have different guitar tones that are both actually very nice to listen too. pom has some filler tracks though unlike sit
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:12 pm

TheGooch wrote:
both have different guitar tones that are both actually very nice to listen too.

Yup, that is what I was refering too, personal choice for me, is that tone from PoM, which is more of "metal" to my ears.

cool

Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 1700282486301xi7
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 4:14 pm

🤘 its a very nice tone especially on where eagles dare one of my favourite iron maiden cuts
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 7:28 pm

MoonChild wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
both have different guitar tones that are both actually very nice to listen too.

Yup, that is what I was refering too, personal choice for me, is that tone from PoM, which is more of "metal" to my ears.

cool

i really like the sound as a whole on somewhere in time. i like the guitar tone and the subtle keyboards used in the background and stuff, it makes it seems futuristic which was the albums 'concept'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 8:36 pm

Turbo is mediocre when compared with other bands albums, and crap when juxtaposed with Priest's other albums! So seeing that the band is in fact JUDAS PRIEST, this album is a failure. PARENTAL GUIDANCE?! NOOOOOOO, for God's sake they were in their late 30's when they wrote that lol.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 8:42 am

I really like it, but it's certainly not the first cd of their's that I grab off the rack. It's probably in the bottom five of their catalogue to me. Peace.
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 5:11 am

When the song "Turbo Lover" was played over the PA system when SLAYER played here in Nov.1986 (in Toronto),
the ENTIRE concert hall erupted with chants of "b u l l sh i t!" until the song was quickly taken off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Turbo
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3