Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest

Go down 
+23
MetalGuy71
chewie
Lari
candlemass
Gilbert
DevZor
Boris2008
Wurthless
Leatherface
nevermore
assault_attack
the sentinel
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Lurideath
Glower
MetallicSeminarian
Witchfinder
80s Metal Lady
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Fat Freddy
James B.
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

"Turbo Lover"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap14%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
"Locked In"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap11%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
"Private Property"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Parental Guidance"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap0%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
"Rock You All Around the World"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap3%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
"Out in the Cold"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap57%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 57% [ 20 ]
"Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap6%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
"Hot for Love"
 0% [ 0 ]
"Reckless"
Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_lcap9%Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:34 am

Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest 220px-Judas_Priest_Turbo

Released- April 14th, 1986
Recorded- June – November 1985
Studio- Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas
Producer- Tom Allom

Personnel- Rob Halford – vocals, K. K. Downing – guitar, Glenn Tipton – guitar, Ian Hill – bass guitar, and Dave Holland – drums.

Jeff Martin- backing vocals on "Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days"

The Tunes...
"Turbo Lover"  
"Locked In"    
"Private Property"
"Parental Guidance"  
"Rock You All Around the World"  
"Out in the Cold"  
"Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days"  
"Hot for Love"  
"Reckless"  

I recall walking onto band practice and somebody having this on the turntable in the band room. Didn't care for what I heard and pretty much never listened to a  complete new Priest release until "Angel of Retribution" came out.

Being I am not familiar with this album, I am going to have to give it a spin and get back with my favorite tune.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:38 am

As I've said many a time before 'round here, Turbo is far from JP's best (in fact, until they released Demolition it was the bottom of the pile as far as I was concerned) but it's a sentimental fave of mine anyway because this tour was my first concert.

Most of it has aged about as well as a carton of milk left on a hot driveway but "Out in the Cold" should still be in their set list today, I still love that song.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:51 am

Out In The Cold.

It is an easy listen album, nothing stellar, not much in my "like-list" either.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39573

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:55 am

Out In The Cold.

Easily the best tune on this thing.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:17 pm

This album holds a special place for myself, because as bad as it is, it was an album that I LOVED as a 15 year old back in 1986. This album, possibly more than any other, is important because it best illustrates my musical sensibilities in the present and how it was impossible for myself to understand how bad this album really was back in 1986, and still is! As an adult, I can appreciate bands wanting to experiment and I respect their need to NOT be pigeonholed. As a teenager between the ages of 13-16, there were very few bands that I openly criticized for any formulaic changes. This was most likely due to the fact that I just wanted to enjoy this music, because my friends were enjoying it AND it was a backdrop to all the fun times that was my teenage existence. I want to thank Judas Priest for making this really bad record, because it's the only bad record I still enjoy listening to today, due to all the wonderful moments with my childhood friends.

The one slam dunk great tune on this album is "Out In the Cold". I concur with Keith, it should still be a part of the band's live set and it was a perfect way to kick off Priest Live.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:16 pm

I thought about voting for "Reckless" just to be different, but I like "Out In The Cold" too much.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 pm

"Reckless" is the best song on here. "Out In The Cold" is also good. The rest of the album is complete crap and features some of the dumbest lyrical content in the Priest catalog. This was not my first Priest album - I started with Screaming in 82 - so I hated this album with a passion when it was released. It was the obvious glam metal sellout album and has not held up at all. At least they made a bunch of cash off it, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Based on the lyrics of this album I think Priest decided the average age of their fans was about 11. Aging British headbangers vying for the teeny-bopper crowd with assembly-line pablum like Parental Guidance was a true Spinal Tap moment from the 80s.

Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:09 pm

Confession time: I like this album. It's far from being my favorite Priest, but I enjoy it. Perhaps this is because I went into it expecting it to suck horribly based on what I knew about it and I found it better than I expected. Yeah, the lyrics are moronic more often than not but this is a problem that affects other Priest albums, as well (Eat Me Alive comes to mind). I'll take lesser Priest over many other bands' best work.

Although I like a fair number of songs on here (Reckless and Locked In in particular), I've gotta go with Out in the Cold. Fantastic tune.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:17 pm

Okay, I just finished listening to it. sick Hard to pick a tune from this, but I will go with "Reckless". It has a different hook than the similar one used over and over on the rest of the songs.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:48 pm

Turbo Lover - without question - the lyrics - c'mon,the oozing of sex - the build up - the climax - the guitar sound of it - the entire song - METAL ! In concert - it's much darker -
I love 'out in the cold' ......but Halford's overlapping his vocals - ? ehh - even on the 'live' cd - he overlapped his vocals. WTF . But it it's my 2nd choice though - the intro - is quiet haunting....with that touch of evil....that's on every Priest release.

Last edited by Glower on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:09 pm

I went with Reckless! That song is just F'n amazing!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 5:56 pm

Quote :
Eet Chit 10 months ago
FOR ANYONE INTERESTED  ,MOST OF THE  DUMMIES IN  HEAVY METAL PARKING LOT WERE ALL FALSE METAL  MORONS, WHY? BECAUSE  THIS WAS THE " TURBO LOVER TOUR"   ANYONE INTO   REAL 80S  HARDCORE, METAL HARD ROCK OR PUNK  KNOWS THIS WAS THE   PRIEST WE SUCK  RADIO'S **** RECORD, AND  FUCKIN RAVEN OPENED  SOME SHOWS FOR THEM AND THAT WAS THEIR  "STAY HARD" TOUR THEY BOTH   WERE ********** IN 86,,,,, I WAS  SEEING  AGNOSTIC FRONT  NUCLEAR ASSAULT AND DAYGLO ABORTIONS BY 86,, METALLICA EVEN WERE**** BY 86
Tough crowd...

Last edited by Painkiller on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:05 pm

Out in the Cold is still, to this very day, the greatest show opening I have ever seen. And I know I am in the .1 percentile, but Turbo is my fav Priest album. It was the very first compact disc I ever heard and the memories surrounding that summer? Well, that could be an insane book in itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:19 pm

Out In The Cold was a cool choice for a set opening track and it's the type of track that gets more atmospheric when heard in a live stadium setting. I also remember that Turbo Lover seemed more effective live than on the studio version.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:56 pm

I voted for "Out in the Cold" as it's easily the best (Music and Lyric wise) on the album. I still listen to this album today. Remember, I had just turned 12 a month before this was released and had not found the harder/ heavier stuff yet; so my music world consisted of this and bands like Dokken, Ratt, Savatage, and Keel. This was also the time that JP had their run in with the PMRC and Rob had substance abuse problems. I think also, wasn't this supposed to be a double album called Twin Turbos with this album as side one and the "Ram It Down" material on side two? I think CBS said no.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
I thought about voting for "Reckless" just to be different, but I like "Out In The Cold" too much.

"Reckless" would be my second fave track. A song that should have been on the awesome Top Gun soundtrack! Smile
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 11:59 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I think also, wasn't this supposed to be a double album called Twin Turbos with this album as side one and the "Ram It Down" material on side two? I think CBS said no.

Some of the RID material would have been on Twin Turbos.  Also, most the of the bonus tracks from the 2001 Priest remasters are Twin Turbos demos.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:45 am

I thought that was Joe Lynn Turner  Wink
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 12:42 pm

Out In The Cold is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 2:29 pm

Turbo Lover for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 3:00 pm

I've never actually listened to this one, and I'm not too interested in ever getting around to it at this point.
I'm familiar with a couple songs off of it, though. Turbo Lover, despite it's insane amount of cheese, is a favorite of mine from when I first started getting into metal. So it gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 4:00 pm

If Turbo Lover had been on Defenders (with the Defenders sound)it would have been listenable. But it wasn't and it wasn't.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 8:52 pm

I'll go with out in the cold. It comes across great on live footage from 86. Beyond that I have no use for this one. Everytime turbo lover comes on rock radio I have a little internal fit over the fact that JP has so many other songs that work for radio and stand up better in 2016.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 3:48 am

I would have gone for Reckless as my second option, and third for Turbo Lover. Out in the Cold is just an awesome song hence my vote.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest   Best tune on "Turbo" by Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next