Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue

Go down 
+14
brokentulsa
Witchfinder
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
metalinmyveins
Troublezone
Gilbert
glassprison
Wrecked Neck
nevermore
manny
80s Metal Lady
Fat Freddy
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 9:54 pm

File this under "Least Essential Reissue of 2017" Very Happy

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Judasoriestturbo30th

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-turbo-remastered-as-3-cd-reissue-to-be-released-in-february/

British metal legends JUDAS PRIEST have announced the reissue of their tenth studio album, "Turbo". The album has been remastered and will be released via Sony Music on February 3, 2017 on 3 CD (the original album and 2 bonus discs) as well as 1LP 150-gram vinyl.

Originally released in 1986, "Turbo" features all the hallmarks of classic PRIEST on tracks such as "Turbo Lover", "Parental Guidance" and "Locked In".

Included on disc 2 and 3 of the CD reissue is, previously unreleased, "Live in Kansas City", a live recording from the band’s 1986 "Fuel For Life" tour in support of "Turbo".

JUDAS PRIEST says: The '80s is considered to have been the best decade for heavy metal — JUDAS PRIEST roared through it and at the half way point went into unchartered territory with 'Turbo'. Always believing that metal should have no boundaries, PRIEST challenged themselves taking on board new technical inventions to create fresh ideas and push their sound forward. The combined songs show another side of PRIEST's range of creativity that captures a theme and energy infused with the over the top sensibilities of that era. The 'Fuel For Life' tour certainly encapsulated the decadence of the times! 'Turbo' remastered and accompanied by a pedal to the metal live recording from Kansas reveals PRIEST on high octane — raising fists and devil horns to the next level."

Disc One - Turbo: Remastered

01. Turbo Lover
02. Locked In
03. Private Property
04. Parental Guidance
05. Rock You All Around The World
06. Out In The Cold
07. Wild Nights, Hot & Crazy Days
08. Hot For Love
09. Reckless

Disc Two - Live At The Kemper Arena, Kansas City

01. Out In The Cold
02. Locked In
03. Heading Out To The Highway
04. Metal Gods
05. Breaking The Law
06. Love Bites
07. Some Heads Are Gonna Roll
08. The Sentinel
09. Private Property
10. Desert Plains
11. Rock You All Around The World

Disc Three - Live At The Kemper Arena, Kansas City

01. The Hellion
02. Electric Eye
03. Turbo Lover
04. Freewheel Burning
05. Victim Of Changes
06. The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)
07. Living After Midnight
08. You've Got Another Thing Coming
09. Hell Bent For Leather

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 10:29 pm

Yeah, I probably won't be getting that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 10:37 pm

I might actually get this
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 12:36 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Yeah, I probably won't be getting that. Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 3:10 am

I'll probably get it just for the live discs. I'm guessing it's a different show, and set than Priest Live that was put out in support of that album. Too lazy to look at my copy lol
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 4:43 am

Three discs of material and they still won't release anything left over from the original sessions when Turbo was going to be a double album...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 6:11 am

I'll pass. Nothing special on it for me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Nahhh. Better save my money for a new priest album.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 5:11 pm

They already had all their classic Halford albums remastered a long time ago.

Isn't their album "Priest Live" recorded on the Turbo tour? I already own that.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 7:27 pm

I don't need this. I've had the Kemper Arena show from Kansas City a few years now, which was a soundboard, so nope...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 7:41 pm

glassprison wrote:
Three discs of material and they still won't release anything left over from the original sessions when Turbo was going to be a double album...

I always thought that was what Ram it Down was? surprised
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
glassprison wrote:

I always thought that was what Ram it Down was? surprised

According to Wikipedia, four of the tracks left over from Twin Turbos were released on Ram It Down, five other songs were released on various reissues and Metalogy, and two have yet to be released.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2016 12:23 am

Hope priest will release a new album in 2017.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 pm

Troublezone wrote:
They already had all their classic Halford albums remastered a long time ago.

Isn't their album "Priest Live" recorded on the Turbo tour? I already own that.

Yeah, but those remasters are terrible.

Not that it matters...you can just buy used copies of the original releases for cheap. I don't need a reissue with 2 discs of live stuff. If it were unreleased songs from the era, yes.

Turbo f*cking rules.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm sure I've mentioned it a bunch of times around here, but "Turbo" is a sentimental favorite of mine cuz that tour was my first-ever concert. Ahhh, memories.

That said, I still have no interest in the re-ish. I still have the original CD and besides, let's be honest, bar "Turbo Lover" and "Out In The Cold" (which should still be in their set list today, IMO) the bulk of that album has aged about as well as milk left outside on a hot day. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:38 pm

"Reckless" is a great song. "Out In The Cold" is solid as well. I guess "Locked In" is decent. The rest of the album is a dumpster fire.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
"Reckless" is a great song.  "Out In The Cold" is solid as well.  I guess "Locked In" is decent.  The rest of the album is a dumpster fire.  

My friend Glenn and I (both massive Priest nerds) used to constantly bicker over which was the worst song on Turbo. I maintain to this day that it's "Wild Nights, Hot and Crazy Days" (ugh!), while I believe his pick was always "Hot For Love."

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2016 2:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
"Reckless" is a great song.  "Out In The Cold" is solid as well.  I guess "Locked In" is decent.  The rest of the album is a dumpster fire.  

My friend Glenn and I (both massive Priest nerds) used to constantly bicker over which was the worst song on Turbo. I maintain to this day that it's "Wild Nights, Hot and Crazy Days" (ugh!), while I believe his pick was always "Hot For Love."

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue 82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 1:40 am

My absolute favorite Priest album..I will definitely get this release..
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 6:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Out In The Cold is a great song, easily the best on the album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2016 11:10 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue 82733-why-not-both-meme-5lvd

Because THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue 395375

Back to top Go down
Aaron_D
Metal student
Metal student
Aaron_D

Number of posts : 207

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 9:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

Because THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue 395375

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue There-10

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 4:14 pm

'Wild Nights' is pretty shitty, but 'Parental Guidance' has to make the list for cringe worthy lyrics
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 7:08 pm

manny wrote:
'Parental Guidance' has to make the list for cringe worthy lyrics

Especially since the Priest guys were all in their 30s when they did that song Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2016 10:13 pm

I do have to admit that "Rock You All Around the World" is a guilty pleasure of mine. Goofy "teenage rebellion" song but for some reason i like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue   Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest's "TURBO" to receive deluxe 30th anniversary reissue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next