Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Turbo

Go down 
+18
James B.
nevermore
Hadley
MoonChild
80s Metal Lady
metalinmyveins
Wurthless
DakotaRogers
the sentinel
Lari
candlemass
MetallicSeminarian
brokentulsa
Temple of Blood
Boris2008
Witchfinder
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Love It or Hate It?
Love It
Judas Priest - Turbo Vote_lcap57%Judas Priest - Turbo Vote_rcap
 57% [ 12 ]
Hate It
Judas Priest - Turbo Vote_lcap24%Judas Priest - Turbo Vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
No Opinion
Judas Priest - Turbo Vote_lcap19%Judas Priest - Turbo Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Judas Priest - Turbo Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 1:06 pm

Love it?
Hate It?

Those seem to be the only two choices.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 1:16 pm

Hate it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 1:24 pm

I said on the other thread that they should have called it Turdo so I'll leave you guessing  Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 2:16 pm

Better than Redeemer of Souls, Dickinson's solo albums, and post-reunion Maiden.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Love Love Love it..wish they would have made more like it...my second favorite priest album and one of my top metal albums of all time... I always find it interesting that lots of people hate on this record (even though it still went platinum) but love the next one "Ram it Down"...ram it down also had that big bright over reverbed 80s hair metal sound....
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 3:48 pm

I love it. Yeah, the lyrics are stupid but that's a problem with much Priest from the 80s on. Yeah, it sounds very dated. But there are some great hooks on the album.

That being said, it's not in my top Priest albums.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Neither. Hate's too strong a word for my feelings toward it and I can't say I love it. I'm in the middle with it. It's an okay album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 4:18 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Better than Redeemer of Souls, Dickinson's solo albums, and post-reunion Maiden.

No way! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 5:31 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
my second favorite priest album and one of my top metal albums of all time

!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Not the worst Priest album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Love it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 8:04 pm

I think it's better than Ram It Down and Demolition. But worse than all the other Priest albums, and yes that includes Point of Entry.

I for one don't mind glam metal (or pop metal), so Turbo being influenced by it, isn't such a big deal. It's just not a very good pop metal album.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Oh God, not another one.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Dickinson's solo albums.

I could see someone hating post-reunion Maiden, but Accident of Birth, Chemical Wedding and Tyranny of Souls are worse than "Parental Guidance"?

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I always find it interesting that lots of people hate on this record (even though it still went platinum) but love the next one "Ram it Down"...ram it down also had that big bright over reverbed 80s hair metal sound....

People love "Ram It Down"?

Who?

Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:40 pm

007 wrote:
Neither. Hate's too strong a word for my feelings toward it and I can't say I love it. I'm in the middle with it. It's an okay album.

Same for me.

There are a few songs I really like off Turbo, but other songs I can't stand. They even out.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 pm

I love "Turbo" because it's terrible, juvenile and had the dumbest lyrics imaginable. I loved this album with my friends back in the day, but now of course we laugh and realize that this album really wasn't that good back then and is one of the worst albums when it comes to standing the test of time. Should I love it or hate it? This piece of trash only matters due to the fact that it was more or less part of the soundtrack of my life as a 15 and 16 year old. That was pretty special, but God this albums sucks balls. Okay, it spawned "Ram It Down", which I also thought was decent back in the day and that album pretty sucks balls as well. I hate it, but only for the most wonderful reasons of hating things...
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Quote :

Who?

Well, the record went Gold so I guess lots of people did...its an ok album  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 11:46 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Who?

Well, the record went Gold so I guess lots of people did...its an ok album  Rolling Eyes

Please, let's not confuse album sales with a record being good or an artist being talented. There's a litany of artists out there who are living high off the hog, even though they're hacks. Also, we're talking about an era where the only way "we" were going to hear the record, was by purchasing the thing. I had friends who were going to see Priest in 1988 in Indianapolis at Market Square Arena that summer. Nobody, and I mean nobody in the metal genre was cancelling dates, due to lack of ticket sales back in 1988. But that Priest show got cancelled for that exact reason. I wonder why that happened? Possibly due to the record being just as bad as Turbo?

Furious 7 sits around 1.5 billion in worldwide movie ticket sales, which makes it the 6th most successful movie of all time. It must be good then...
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 12:09 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Who?

Please, let's not confuse album sales with a record being good or an artist being talented. There's a litany of artists out there who are living high off the hog, even though they're hacks. Also, we're talking about an era where the only way "we" were going to hear the record, was by purchasing the thing.

This! I bought Ram It Down on cassette when it came out. I was really excited about it because it was getting a lot of hype (Judas Priest was much more famous during Turbo/Ram It Down era than Stained Class). I played and played it because it was one of the few cassettes I had at the time to play on my boombox. I never could get into it much. I was overall disappointed, but I owned a copy. You couldn't listen to albums ahead of time back in the day unless you had a friend who had it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 2:15 am

007 wrote:

Same opinion for me as well, I voted "Neither".
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Who?

Celine Dion has sold untold millions of records, that's all I'm gonna say.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 7:01 am

I guess most people who say "they so luvvvvv this album" are more having a Stockholm syndrome. Sorry, everyone are entitled to opinions I know, but just because we love a band, doesn't make all their works absolute classics. Such is the case with Turbo. It is a light listen all right, but nothing brtilliant. And yes, that is my opinion Wink
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 am

I think we should have a Ram It Down vs Turbo poll.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 9:22 am

I do admit to loving Out in the Cold and Reckless. Rock You Around the World and Locked In are ok as well, but the album is altogether mediocre. I think if they had gone more for a Dokken or Ratt sound (commercial, but with a harder sound). they could have pulled off a much better album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Turbo   Judas Priest - Turbo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Turbo
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next